Jim Kelly treated for cancer recurrence

All the best. Cancer sucks.

Side note, was Kelly a tobacco chewer?

I saw somewhere yesterday he was never a smoker or t-chewer. Bad luck of the draw it appears

When my time comes take me quick. To me cancer is one of the slowest longest painful deaths there is. I watched both my mom and dad die horrific deaths. Yet my dog when things went against him was put down quickly and painlessly. Something wrong there with that whole concept.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the amazing things that have been developed, when can we solve cancer?

Cancer is as much a part of the human experience as birth, death, aging, breathing, or anything else.

Human beings themselves are a product of natural selection--but natural selection can only occur with mutations in our very DNA. DNA mutates when cells divide, and cell division is what propogates life, it's what got us to here... it's what makes us human.

There was a poster earlier who said that one should eschew medical treatment and treat themselves, and they received a lot of criticism. I am a cancer survivor, and I went through a long chemo therapy and radiation cycle, and I would advise you to not brush aside that posters words so flippantly.

YES those treatments are/were extremely effective, and are the reason that I am still alive today. However, they are only part of the reason, and there are many life-style changes that one can make to prevent cancer, and possibly cure it.

As a cancer survivor, I would recommend the following resources to anyone who is interested:

1) Eat, Drink and Be Healthy (particularly the section on vitamins)

2) The Harvard Med School Guide to Men's Health (particularly the section on exercise)

3) Anti-Cancer (global approach to eating healthy and minimizing environmental toxins)

4) Heal Your Body (the mental approach to disease)

5) Feng Shui Your Life (how your living space can impact your health)

and

6) Buy a Neti Pot immediately! (will virtually eliminate colds and flus from your life)

I could write pages and pages on this, and I can respect those who disagree, but all I can tell you is my experience on this planet... you absolutely do have the power to prevent (idk about cure) these diseases on your own by modifying the way you interact with your environment... I believe that to the center of my being.

We all have the Cancer cell among us. A well respected Dr. of mine told me once "It's not a matter of will I get Cancer, but when I get Cancer." God Bless Jim and Family. I have had the honor of meeting you a few times and I know he can beat this. Prayers for You, Jill, and you're Family.

Get well Jim, !@#$ cancer.

So much of my childhood is filled with memories of him and those great Bills teams. I was supposed to meet him this weekend here in Chicago but I will gladly give that up for him to beat this horrible disease. Godspeed Jimbo.

Cancer is as much a part of the human experience as birth, death, aging, breathing, or anything else.

Human beings themselves are a product of natural selection--but natural selection can only occur with mutations in our very DNA. DNA mutates when cells divide, and cell division is what propogates life, it's what got us to here... it's what makes us human.

There was a poster earlier who said that one should eschew medical treatment and treat themselves, and they received a lot of criticism. I am a cancer survivor, and I went through a long chemo therapy and radiation cycle, and I would advise you to not brush aside that posters words so flippantly.

YES those treatments are/were extremely effective, and are the reason that I am still alive today. However, they are only part of the reason, and there are many life-style changes that one can make to prevent cancer, and possibly cure it.

As a cancer survivor, I would recommend the following resources to anyone who is interested:

2) The Harvard Med School Guide to Men's Health (particularly the section on exercise)

3) Anti-Cancer (global approach to eating healthy and minimizing environmental toxins)

and

6) Buy a Neti Pot immediately! (will virtually eliminate colds and flus from your life)

I could write pages and pages on this, and I can respect those who disagree, but all I can tell you is my experience on this planet... you absolutely do have the power to prevent (idk about cure) these diseases on your own by modifying the way you interact with your environment... I believe that to the center of my being.

I appreciate you sharing this. Thanks and you have a great attitude.

and

Thank you for sharing. I love your attitude!

CBF

I appreciate you sharing this. Thanks and you have a great attitude.

Thank you for sharing. I love your attitude!

CBF

Thanks.

Let me also add: Jim Kelly always was, is, and always will be my favorite athlete of all time, let alone Bill.

I wish him nothing but the best. I'm not a praying man, but he is certainly in the forefront of my thoughts at the moment, and I imagine I will think about him once or twice a day until he wins this battle, and hope nothing but the best for him.

He has been blessed with so much, and even in his darkest hours has found the bright side of life. That is all a man can do, and I have no doubt he will be an exceptional role model in this newest journey of his.

Wow, just read/watched the article on the front page of TBD. I dont know what to say. Anything i want to say sounds like a pity party for myself.

Stay strong Jimbo, you have lead a transformation in your life i admire, and aspire to !

I am thinking of you and your family, and sending as much positive energy as i can muster on this trying night.

I became a Bills fan because of Jim, then I read about the re occurrence I am not ashamed to say tears came to my eyes. I have seen Cancer take many over my life and it never gets easier. What scares me is they took his entire upper jaw out, was cancer clear just a couple months ago. Where did it come back to? Also to come back so fast is never a good sign :-(

Jim is back ay ECMC and not doing well.

His close friend, Dennis DiPaolo, says Kelly is in a lot of pain.

“It’s a 10. The pain is just tremendous,” he said.

Please double on the prayers for #12, he really needs us to circle the wagons for him in a big way!

http://wivb.com/2014/03/19/jim-kelly-at-ecmc-as-he-continues-battling-second-bout-of-cancer/

I became a Bills fan because of Jim, then I read about the re occurrence I am not ashamed to say tears came to my eyes. I have seen Cancer take many over my life and it never gets easier. What scares me is they took his entire upper jaw out, was cancer clear just a couple months ago. Where did it come back to? Also to come back so fast is never a good sign :-(

Same here...

Obviously his original scans came back clean after his surgery, which is why they did nothing else. Hopefully; it hasn't really had time to spread elsewhere.

I did a couple searches online for what he has and treatment appears to get much more radical and where things spread is not the best places....

I just have a bad feeling about this; I hope I am wrong... :cry:

Best wishes to JK

I know of no one else that is more able to stand up to this disease than Jim. As a member of the 12th man I wish I could do more than pray for Jim and Jill and the family. I wish I could stand up and swing my jacket around as Jim did when he was watching the Bills play Miami and snow came steaming across the stadium from the lake. It was a sure sign the Bills would win that day and all 73,000 knew it. I wish I could play tackle and block for him as Wolford and Ballard did. I wish I could break off my pass route and come back to the ball like Reed and Lofton to help the QB Jim.

But I cannot so PRAY it shall be for Jim, Jill, the whole family, and for all the true Bills fans, ( like Debbie, and Nikki, and Bob, and Phil, and Dom and Mark and Courtney and Wally and Grace) who today have a big piece of their heart in pain.

Same here...

Obviously his original scans came back clean after his surgery, which is why they did nothing else. Hopefully; it hasn't really had time to spread elsewhere.

I did a couple searches online for what he has and treatment appears to get much more radical and where things spread is not the best places....

Best wishes to JK

Yeah, this is not good. I don't think there's much to do at this point. Really so sad....We all have great memories of Kelly but I used to get so pumped at games when the Bills took the opening kickoff. Opponents D on the field...Bills O on the sideline waiting for the ref to signal ready to play.....Kelly leads team right to the line of scrimmage and off we go!!

Same here...

Best wishes to JK

I am hoping we are wrong too Reedo, but as fast as it came back after taking the drastic steps they did does not bode well at all. And it has hit him really fast.