Jim Kelly treated for cancer recurrence

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I BILLieve it's time for the Bills Nation to pray for Jim Kelley's recovery and for the team of Physicians who will treat him. I understand this request may be too personal, however I BILLieve in the power of prayer and I BILLieve in our fan base.

God Speed Jimbo you are in my thoughts and prayers for a healthy recovery!

Cancer is a malfunction of the body on a cellular level. To effectively cure it, the answer lies inside the body not poisoning it with chemo and radiation. Fix the problem, fix the body. Continuing to do what caused the cancer in the first place will continue to cause the same issues. It makes almost zero sense how they treat cancer, imho, but I guess when curing something that makes the pharmaceutical companies billions of dollars each year isn't in their best interest. Sad the money towards a "cure" really goes to prolong the length of time they can keep a person alive to treat them with drugs...

So you use this story to purport this outlandish info. You obviously have never dealt with cancer on a personal level. I'm in medicine and although chemo and radiation is not perfect nor resection surgically, it is the best options that saves millions of lives. If you want to be a Christian scientist, that's fine, but understand without medical treatment, people die early.

You can't do homeopathic remedies or anything else to eradicate a cancer. I'm not against holistic remedies at all and believe they are excellent complimentary therapies to traditional treatments that are clinically proven to work. If you think this is simply about making money with no clinical benefit, then your out to lunch.

I just said pray.ers for him and will do everyday and include him.

He's going to be fine which is how we all should look at this situation. He has access to excellent physicians, is proactive and will take it on with a tough attitude. He's a tough guy. That's a god thing as attitude means a great deal.

Being in medicine, he could lose part of his jaw, and the real concern is if he had mets to another organ. Usually jaw cancer does not migrate as quickly as other cancers so we'll see.

The best we can do is pray for our best Bills player ever and a true Bills fan ever since.

I BILLieve it's time for the Bills Nation to pray for Jim Kelley's recovery and for the team of Physicians who will treat him. I understand this request may be too personal, however I BILLieve in the power of prayer and I BILLieve in our fan base.

God Speed Jimbo you are in my thoughts and prayers for a healthy recovery!

+1

So you use this story to purport this outlandish info. You obviously have never dealt with cancer on a personal level. I'm in medicine and although chemo and radiation is not perfect nor resection surgically, it is the best options that saves millions of lives. If you want to be a Christian scientist, that's fine, but understand without medical treatment, people die early.

You can't do homeopathic remedies or anything else to eradicate a cancer. I'm not against holistic remedies at all and believe they are excellent complimentary therapies to traditional treatments that are clinically proven to work. If you think this is simply about making money with no clinical benefit, then your out to lunch.

I was going to say he doesn't know much about cancer, but figured it might be better to ignore...........Cancer is an umbrella for hundreds, or thousands, of different diseases. You aren't ever going to have a "cure for cancer." So many different strains, mutations, etc.

And, if a drug company ever did find this magical "cure for cancer" - you don't think they'll bypass their billions and instead make trillions?!?

Dammit. Another reminder of just how fragile life is. Met him for the first time when he was out in DC last year lobbying for a prenatal screening bill in Congress. Doesn't seem like this could happen to a better person. Keeping him and his families in my thoughts and prayers.

Things like this make me not believe in prayer or God. This man has been nothing but kicked down. I don't care how much money he has. He's been through hell

I hear you. And I'm the farthest from being a religious man as you can find. But at a time like this, we should all just wish the best for him and his family. Maybe you and I don't believe in the power of prayer/karma/etc but it certainly doesn't hurt.

Things like this make me not believe in prayer or God. This man has been nothing but kicked down. I don't care how much money he has. He's been through hell

I'm not a fan of Rick Reilly's, but I think he hit the nail on the head when he called JK a modern-day Job. Just so sad that he's gone through so much over the years.

I was going to say he doesn't know much about cancer, but figured it might be better to ignore...........Cancer is an umbrella for hundreds, or thousands, of different diseases. You aren't ever going to have a "cure for cancer." So many different strains, mutations, etc.

And, if a drug company ever did find this magical "cure for cancer" - you don't think they'll bypass their billions and instead make trillions?!?

First of all...Prayers for Jim and his family.

Secondly..... What bbb said. Cancer is many, many, many diseases. Breast cancer, for example, has numerous types and the treatments/survival/response data all very drastically not only by disease; but also by stage at time of treatment. Absolute nonsense what the prior poster was promoting. To echo BBB....does anyone really think there is a 'hidden' cure for cancer that a drug company is sitting on? Laughable.

Cancer is a malfunction of the body on a cellular level. To effectively cure it, the answer lies inside the body not poisoning it with chemo and radiation. Fix the problem, fix the body. Continuing to do what caused the cancer in the first place will continue to cause the same issues. It makes almost zero sense how they treat cancer, imho, but I guess when curing something that makes the pharmaceutical companies billions of dollars each year isn't in their best interest. Sad the money towards a "cure" really goes to prolong the length of time they can keep a person alive to treat them with drugs...

:thumbdown: