Byrd is a Saint

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel bad for the poor girl who is calling me this year, I promised when I ended them I would renew someday and told her last season this was the year. Not flying cross country 8 times for this crap team.

Hey man, its really kinda foolish to buy season tickets to a perennial loser. Unless you succumb to the fear campaign of "OH NO" the Bills will move if I don't buy my season tickets.

The Bills lost a top starter, and 2nd round pick last off season in LG Andy Levitre, and got nothing in return. Then tried to replace him with utter garbage in two horrible backup players not even worthy to even be backups.

This year they lost a very young 3x pro bowl safety to a perennial playoff team, and will probably get little in return. I gotta wonder how long it will take to find another pro bowl safety?

Nothing changes...

Byrd got hooked watching True Detective. That sold him on the bayou.

Unfortunately my being the only former Bills player to strike it rich on the small screen has lesser pull than an Oscar winner.

Edited by Dean Cain

People really need to get a grip with this. Byrd isn't worth that dough. He's got above average instincts and ball skills but below average speed, hitting ability, run stopping ability, and size.

I think we forget how bad buffalo has been against TEs since Byrd has been here. It's not all his fault but he certainly hasn't helped. He can't match up physically.

PS- Pats let Taliban go! For nothing!!! Terrible franchise. They just let Edleman test FA too. Spikes is gone. Good teams resign their own. Pats are a joke. Never win with that attitude.

Are TC and I the only ones on here who saw Stand By Me? Don't think he's racist, he's referring to a line from the movie...

i didnt call him on it, but ill advise that its probably not a wise line to use these days in just about any social setting outside stand by me conventions.

The funniest part is if the Bills signed Byrd for $9 million and he struggled next year, the same folks hating the Bills for letting them go would be bashing them for spending $9 million on a S.

Honest question. If the compensation pick we get for Byrd is higher than any draft pick the Bills were offered, what should they have done?

People really need to get a grip with this. Byrd isn't worth that dough. He's got above average instincts and ball skills but below average speed, hitting ability, run stopping ability, and size.

I think we forget how bad buffalo has been against TEs since Byrd has been here. It's not all his fault but he certainly hasn't helped. He can't match up physically.

PS- Pats let Taliban go! For nothing!!! Terrible franchise. They just let Edleman test FA too. Spikes is gone. Good teams resign their own. Pats are a joke. Never win with that attitude.

True but they have a HOF qb. Even with Byrd, we are a more talented team. They have the trump card though.

hate to say I told you so to the kool-aid drinkers :thumbsup: .... :bag:

Charlie Casserly on NFL Network referring to Byrd. "no safety is worth $9 Million". Byrd is a good player, but NO overpaid, plain and simple. Glad that the Bills chose not to.

Did Byrd have any nice things to say about his time in Buffalo?

CBF

He had a very basic statement thanking the Bills and the "great" fans. I will miss Byrd. He didn't force his way out of town by being an idiot (Lynch), holding out & showing up out of shape (Peters), & isn't completely overrated (Levitre).

Dude's a really good S. But he didn't want to be here & he got the money he wanted. S should be an easy position to fill. Hopefully, they don't find the Colin Brown of Ss.

The funniest part is if the Bills signed Byrd for $9 million and he struggled next year, the same folks hating the Bills for letting them go would be bashing them for spending $9 million on a S.

Honest question. If the compensation pick we get for Byrd is higher than any draft pick the Bills were offered, what should they have done?

the highest wed be eligible for, if we are tight in free agency is bottom of the third round next year. the highest we were allegedly offered last august was the vikings 4th this year (wouldve been the 8th pick, so a year earlier but maybe 10 picks later).

Charlie Casserly on NFL Network referring to Byrd. "no safety is worth $9 Million". Byrd is a good player, but NO overpaid, plain and simple. Glad that the Bills chose not to.

its weird because several were seemingly worth 8+ the last few years but with this big bump in the cap 9 is unreasonable?

Edited by NoSaint

He had a very basic statement thanking the Bills and the "great" fans. I will miss Byrd. He didn't force his way out of town by being an idiot (Lynch), holding out & showing up out of shape (Peters), & isn't completely overrated (Levitre).

Dude's a really good S. But he didn't want to be here & he got the money he wanted. S should be an easy position to fill. Hopefully, they don't find the Colin Brown of Ss.

This

Honest answer and another honest question.

The Bills should have tagged Byrd & given themselves one more season (unless they decided to tag again next year). Instead, they created a hole on their roster that must be filled.

My question(s): Are the Bills a better team today than they were yesterday? Is that not the goal?

i didnt call him on it, but ill advise that its probably not a wise line to use these days in just about any social setting outside stand by me conventions.

When the kid said this to Kiefer Sutherland, was he being racist? Where does cheap dime store hood imply color? Are you kidding? I wrote it because I'm pissed at Byrd, joining a long line of players who have no loyalty.