CB Nolan Carroll to visit bills

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have no idea who this guy is, but if he's even half-decent, this could be a nice depth signing. Someone pointed out in another thread that while our 3 starters (Gilmore RCB, McLovin LCB, Robey nickel/slot) look solid, there's basically nothing behind them. And going the low-priced FA route for depth does strike me as wiser than the draft. Because we have bigger needs than CB to spend a high pick there - we want starters with those high picks. And a mid-to-low round rookie CB couldn't be expected to be an upgrade over anything we've already got, at least not in 2014.

Very physical CB...to be honest, CB isn't a huge need and he'd be fighting for a 3rd or 4th CB spot. Would be a good addition for depth purposes.

We need depth at CB!

Have no idea who this guy is, but if he's even half-decent, this could be a nice depth signing. Someone pointed out in another thread that while our 3 starters (Gilmore RCB, McLovin LCB, Robey nickel/slot) look solid, there's basically nothing behind them. And going the low-priced FA route for depth does strike me as wiser than the draft. Because we have bigger needs than CB to spend a high pick there - we want starters with those high picks. And a mid-to-low round rookie CB couldn't be expected to be an upgrade over anything we've already got, at least not in 2014.

this is why I would love a good vet backup. No reason to burn a high pick on a backup CB, better to use on starting ILB, WR, OL, etc.

I disagree. Currently. I still believe Ron Brooks will develop well. Yes, he's struggled some, but also shown signs of brilliance, IMO. It took McKelvin a few years..

BTW. Bills just signed/re-signed TE Caussin

i like it for depth, or in case of injury, but he would be #4 cb. be happy if we signed him though.

hes started 22 games and reportedly looking to be paid as a starting corner. hes also met/had interest from the eagles, steelers and vikings this week i believe. doesnt sound like a classic #4 as much as a guy that will get real snaps potentially...

Edited by NoSaint

Maybe he's a special teams demon. Remember our special teams sucked asss all year, but it was not the coaching. it was the players.

it was he that was tripped by the jets strength and conditioning coach years ago while playing gunner