"aggressive in free agency"

Pete

why would we have buyers remorse? Are you telling me if we extend Carrington now that we have Branch extended to pair with Mario Williams youd be upset if we took Clowney?

I want to sign a TE that has a legit chance at starting and seeing significant playing time. Also want Chandler back. I am open to who that TE is right now.

I want to find a two down LB that won't crap on the field if he is stuck in there on a 3rd down - Daryl Smith

I want a OG or C with experience to add depth. An RT who will put up a battle for the starting spot in camp.

A WR who is someone's #3,maybe #2, who is a large physical type WR. I'd like a guy to do what TO did for us. There are several options there.

I am not steadfast set on anyone but Smith.

I know he's easy to forget based on his playing time with the Bills last season but don't forget Moeaki. I don't think that the Bills will look for a TE in FA. They may re-sign Chandler which would give them 4 to bring to camp and then draft an atheletic TE. I really wish we had more of an opportunity to see Gragg last season. We really don't know beans about what Buffalo feels about him. The more I type the more I think that we'll see little action at the TE position this off season. I would not be shocked to see them come to camp with what they ended last season with. Depends on what Gragg showed in practice.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be mistaken about this but Thad Lewis might still be eligible to go back on the practice squad. If that were the case then drafting someone like Aaron Murray or Zach Mettenberger in the 3rd rd could be feasible. Both would not be ready to play but once again I think that they could go on the PUP list until the 7th week of the season then a decision would have to be made. If that were the case then the drafted QB would be PUPPED and then activated when he is eligible to come off and then Lewis would be sent to the practice squad at that time. If I'm wrong on any of these accounts then this whole theory would be thrown out the window. It's the off season and I'm just trying to be creative.

Not eligible for the ps. Nor is tuel at this point I believe. Both were active many game days due to injuries to ej and kolb.

I might be mistaken about this but Thad Lewis might still be eligible to go back on the practice squad. If that were the case then drafting someone like Aaron Murray or Zach Mettenberger in the 3rd rd could be feasible. Both would not be ready to play but once again I think that they could go on the PUP list until the 7th week of the season then a decision would have to be made. If that were the case then the drafted QB would be PUPPED and then activated when he is eligible to come off and then Lewis would be sent to the practice squad at that time. If I'm wrong on any of these accounts then this whole theory would be thrown out the window. It's the off season and I'm just trying to be creative.

Thad is no longer PS eligible.

I would be surprised if some type of competition weren't brought in for the backup position. Personally, I would target Cornell's Jeff Matthews in the 5th round of the draft. I don't think he'll ever be a starter in this league; I do think that he'll be the prototype backup come-off-the-bench-and-win-you-a-game/go-0.500-when-the-starter-gets-hurt type.

It's obvious that this FO is intent on moving this franchise from inept to mediocre. They aspire to be 8-8. Playoffs by 2020, maybe.

Link?

While that would be ideal, I don't think it's a realistic expectation. If I had to peg team needs right now, it would start with linebackers. While Kiko Alonso was a stud, there's very little to be excited about otherwise. Dansby or Spikes would be great pickups, but would we have buyers remorse if somehow Mack fell to the Bills at #9? I probably would. Left guard and right tackle are issues as well where the team could use a significant boost in talent. If they don't re-sign Scott Chandler, you can add TE to the mix. Although I disagree, some say the team needs a big WR for Manuel. To your point too, if they have 6 guys that they want, they're not getting all 6 of them. They'll be lucky to land a couple. To me the first two rounds of the draft are crucial to filling needs.

No buyer's remorse because if by some miracle mack did fall to 9 and the tackles are gone you take him. Though I think he's good enough to start as a rookie, if he's not ready he sits behind someone like spikes and learns.we can still get a WR OT TE in rounds 2-4. This draft is deep but a LB like Mack is an impact guy that you have to take top ten.

Freeman?!?!

Lewis and Tuel are both better. You must not have paid attention to what happened after he signed with the Vikings last season.

I would bet my lungs that Freeman won't be a Bill.

No, I guess I wasn't paying attention to Freeman's ONE GAME that he played as a Viking. I was, however, paying attention to Tuel, and if you think he's better, I would say you are a bit unhinged. You could make the argument that Lewis is better-- and I think you would have a hard time finding someone who wasn't a Bills fan to agree with you. Currently, pundits (including Marc Sessler, and Gregg Rosenthal) consider Freeman to be a top 3 FA QB. But Tuel? Be serious.

I think they go into next season with what they have at Quarterback unless someone falls to them in the draft in round 4 or 5 that they think is worth a chance on or there is a free agent vet who doesn't catch on anywhere in the first throws of FA that they think it's worth kicking the tyres on. So basically QB is not a position where I think they will be "aggressive".

The model will not, I'd have thought, be dissimilar to last year.... They had a primary target in Lawson and went after him early on, they signed Kolb pretty early and they brought Fred Davis in pretty early as well for a visit if I recall... but he re-signed in Washington. After that they sat back a bit and waited to see where the chips fell and Branch came a little later as did the Jerry Hughes trade.

Good God, I hope you're wrong! Edited by Rocky Landing

No, I guess I wasn't paying attention to Freeman's ONE GAME that he played as a Viking. I was, however, paying attention to Tuel, and if you think he's better, I would say you are a bit unhinged. You could make the argument that Lewis is better-- and I think you would have a hard time finding someone who wasn't a Bills fan to agree with you. Currently, pundits (including Marc Sessler, and Gregg Rosenthal) consider Freeman to be a top 3 FA QB. But Tuel? Be serious.

Good God, I hope you're wrong!

This Marc Sessler?

http://www.nfl.com/n...eemans-behavior

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

Yes, THAT Marc Sessler. That article you linked is from January 1st. Are you suggesting that NFL pundits should be consistent?

Ha, not really. I'm mostly suggesting that Freeman sucks, and the Bills (and virtually the entire NFL) already know it.

(I actually went to get the link to that article, and ironically enough, discovered it was written by Sessler).

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

Let's get aggressive. Give Byrd's money to Michael Bennett. Stash him on other side of Mario and add 13 plus sacks.

If he costs too much lets make a run at Jared Allen.

I think Allen and Mario would get along great. Both are outdoors-men. Unfortunately I can see him taking a discount deal to go to a contender. I would love to add him though.

Oh I forgot it's not even 24 hours into Free Agency and I haven't panicked because the Bills havent made major signings! How can they and 10-20 other teams be sleeping at a time like this?! If we were competent we would have already spent 15m+ today on Pro Bowl caliber FA's! Ralph is cheap, Buddy Nix is dumb and everyone's taking a nap yada yada yada........

Oh I forgot it's not even 24 hours into Free Agency and I haven't panicked because the Bills havent made major signings! How can they and 10-20 other teams be sleeping at a time like this?! If we were competent we would have already spent 15m+ today on Pro Bowl caliber FA's! Ralph is cheap, Buddy Nix is dumb and everyone's taking a nap yada yada yada........

Yes yes...the complainers are being so unreasonable about their 14 year drought and the same decision making patterns in the F.O. That top 10 draft pick is so much fun to speculate over every offseason.

Allow me. I majored in codecracking at Eastern State University.

Clearly, if you isolate the 13th letter and then, approximately, every 45th letter, you get S-K-E-L-T-O-N.

Our primary target is Skelton, men. This is your mission, should you choose to accept it.

kudos to you by the way. That was pretty funny.