"aggressive in free agency"

Pete

I am a little wary of Schwartz. He will be on his third team in three years this coming season and that concerns me. While I'm sure he'd still be an upgrade over Legursky he probably wouldn't be my first choice.

I like Scwartz a lot...converted tackle with great size. Powerful run blocker, but not a liability in pass protection.

Remember that we don't need an all-pro at LG, just someone good enough to hold his own between Wood and Glenn.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why would we have buyers remorse? Are you telling me if we extend Carrington now that we have Branch extended to pair with Mario Williams youd be upset if we took Clowney?

I want to sign a TE that has a legit chance at starting and seeing significant playing time. Also want Chandler back. I am open to who that TE is right now.

I want to find a two down LB that won't crap on the field if he is stuck in there on a 3rd down - Daryl Smith

I want a OG or C with experience to add depth. An RT who will put up a battle for the starting spot in camp.

A WR who is someone's #3,maybe #2, who is a large physical type WR. I'd like a guy to do what TO did for us. There are several options there.

I am not steadfast set on anyone but Smith.

Upset if we took Clowney? Who said anything about him? He's gone well before the #9 pick, so he's not even in the mix for me. In fact, I think he'll be drafted in the top-3 picks, so unless you're suggesting that somehow the Bills are going to trade up to have a shot at him, it's a joke to even think about. My simple point here is that they're not by any stretch of the imagination going into the draft with no needs. Would I want a 31 year old Daryl Smith over Khalil Mack? No way. I would rather even have Anthony Barr or CJ Mosely in the draft over Smith, Spikes, Dansby, etc. At positions of significant need (which LB is one), I want youth versus the guy that may have 2-3 years in the tank if he's lucky. That was Owens in a nutshell just the same when he played for Buffalo. One more season after his one here and his career was over. I'm pretty much with you on TE and would prefer Chandler back over other options. Fans are so quick to forget that he ranks 2nd behind only Stevie Johnson in receptions over the last 3 years, with last year being his best year despite missing time to injury.

I am hoping the Bills go after Pettigrew and release Chandler. Lafell would be a nice pick up too but I've got a feeling Ramses Barden is going to show up at camp and earn some PT or Elliot who got hurt in training camp last year, both big dudes. I think we should stay away from a safety, I like alot of our young guns. A lber would be nice as well and I've got a feeling I'll get burned for this but Mike Vick would be a solid pick up. EJ goes down I'd like our chances with a Vet Pro with a ton of potential when healthy.

No need to release Chandler as he's a FA. I'm not comfortable leaving the improvement of the WR talent to chance, but I can't get on board with any of the FA WRs, especially with a draft as rich in talent as this one.

Personally, I'm hoping they go after a mid-tier LG & RT, and either a LB or SS

Aren't we "aggressive in free agency" every year? I swear I'm having deja vu.

I feel like I have heard the opposite before. But the proof is in The pudding.

I was happy with personnel moves last year, signed Lawson, shep trade for Hughes, picked up legursky- who was at least better than what was there, branch, Thad Lewis looked phenomenal given how inexperienced he was... All in all They got some decent players.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

More signings like Lawson and Branch would be great but I'd like to see them sign 4-5 players instead of 2 or 3

I think its obvious the Bills will be looking at LBs and Guards in free agency.

I don't see them going after any of the receivers being talked about like Lafell, Decker, Hicks, or Jones who are all number 2 receivers as I think they draft a WR early in this draft they hope could be a number 1

Edited by Max997

I like Scwartz a lot...converted tackle with great size. Powerful run blocker, but not a liability in pass protection.

Remember that we don't need an all-pro at LG, just someone good enough to hold his own between Wood and Glenn.

I'll defer to you if you've seen him play this past year. I do know he was on a one year $700k contract with KC. I'm not sure what happened to him to only get that. I know many like him and some do not. Any idea what happened?

More signings like Lawson and Branch would be great but I'd like to see them sign 4-5 players instead of 2 or 3

I think its obvious the Bills will be looking at LBs and Guards in free agency.

I don't see them going after any of the receivers being talked about like Lafell, Decker, Hicks, or Jones who are all number 2 receivers as I think they draft a WR early in this draft they hope could be a number 1

Agreed and I'm happy with that. They need to go get a freakin monster stud WR. May be Pettigrew as a tight end pickup?

A beast top pick wideout, and starting caliber RT in the draft added to woods, sj13 and deep threat marquis, would give EJ the best chance to succeed you could ask for.

Cultivate or find something to help left guard and the offense is is better shape than it has been for decades.

Upset if we took Clowney? Who said anything about him? He's gone well before the #9 pick, so he's not even in the mix for me. In fact, I think he'll be drafted in the top-3 picks, so unless you're suggesting that somehow the Bills are going to trade up to have a shot at him, it's a joke to even think about. My simple point here is that they're not by any stretch of the imagination going into the draft with no needs. Would I want a 31 year old Daryl Smith over Khalil Mack? No way. I would rather even have Anthony Barr or CJ Mosely in the draft over Smith, Spikes, Dansby, etc. At positions of significant need (which LB is one), I want youth versus the guy that may have 2-3 years in the tank if he's lucky. That was Owens in a nutshell just the same when he played for Buffalo. One more season after his one here and his career was over. I'm pretty much with you on TE and would prefer Chandler back over other options. Fans are so quick to forget that he ranks 2nd behind only Stevie Johnson in receptions over the last 3 years, with last year being his best year despite missing time to injury.

looking at all the combinations I would like FA ILB, FA OL, FA WR, and FA TE w/ Chandler.

If we can meet just some criteria it'd not have to be Mack v. Smith, or Lewan v. fa OL

I think my point is we are solid enough of a team that it will not take a lot to improve our team. And Clowney was a bad example. Id as soon take TO type over Mike Evans if that mean we can draft Mack or someone else.

You are surprised we didn't extend chandler? Really? Really? He's he worst tight end in the league. I'll be very happy once he's officially gone in the upcoming weeks

That's not even close to true.

I expect they make a deal with him , or certainly offer . Because he has been the best TE the Bills have had in very long while Trunge 19.

But he is probably not getting much of a raise just some security for the future . Kid has played hard for the Bills !

Add some Moeaki athletic ability , and consider what gragg has to offer. then decide

really inteterested if Bills are thinking of drafting a second or third round balanced TE.

Realistic guesses:

Lawson and kiko are 3 down lbs, with the 3rd LB getting only 50% of the snaps, bank on a cheap guy that can fill a role really well but not a complete player

1 tight end in the Chandler, Brandon Meyers, Pettigrew quality level (ie can skate by as a starter but the type youd like to upgrade in the draft if you can)

if byrd is gone i could see a malcolm jenkins or chris clemons type of FS to pair with AW at SS

1 starting Oline player (such as Strief, or Schwartz)

Brandon Pettigrew is a much better blocker than Chandler ever could be, although Chandler does try. Pettigrew is a two way player. The caveat is he can get the dropsies and he’s not explosive. He’ll catch first downs, but not eat up big chunks of yards.

He could be the guy who takes one spot instead of Chandler and Lee taking up two spots. And they might like Moeaki and Gragg for the second TE spot.

Edited by purple haze

You are surprised we didn't extend chandler? Really? Really? He's he worst tight end in the league. I'll be very happy once he's officially gone in the upcoming weeks

Clearly you're joking. I've stated this in other posts, using PFF, The only 2 TEs that had a better run blocking grades AND more yardage than Chandler were Davis and Witten. Pretty good company to be in. Maybe you don't remember the days of Royal and Campbell starting.

There are many 'non name' players that can come in and upgrade this team and do well. Now we need to see if Whaley can pull it off or not

He did alright his "first" year getting some players as you know.

I do too hope Whaley is getting more dialed in and limbered up as our GM.

Lets all hope so for now. Its the offseason and hope springs eternal and returns right about this time of year. Every year .

if you have been / are a true Bills Fan.

Go Bills