Is this how the new era under Brandon going to go?

The Bills have not had a new era in a long time. Jeff Littman and Jim Overdorf have had a lot of power since the 1980s. Recently on Sirius NFL radio Bill Polian was asked about the power struggle going on in Buffalo. While he claimed that he knew nothing about it, he did say Litttman has a lot of power for a long time. It almost seems like the Bills use the position of GM as a scapegoat. You fire the GM to keep the fans happy but keep the real leadership in place.

Like I have said for 15 years, NOTHING changes until Ralph is gone.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not about patching holes in the draft. The only position that is ever a real need on draft day is a QB if you don't have one. Otherwise, just pick the best players at premium positions early......players who your organization would value enough to pay if they play up to their early round status the way Byrd and Levitre did....... and let the lesser positions that are easier to find talent at later in the draft come to you. For example: I am a big Calvin Pryor fan, but can't see the Bills paying him $15M-$17M per year 4 years from now after all that new TV money floods in and breaks the bank. Therefore, he is off my draft board early. Same goes with CJ Mosley. Not sure they would even pay one non-pass rushing LB a max-contract let alone two within the span of a couple seasons. Mosley is a no-go. I like Evans. The Bills don't really have a need at WR......they have SJ13 and Woods and Goodwin will need snaps and I don't really see EJ transforming into Dan Fouts anytime soon so I think they have a limited use for 4 receivers. Basically, I would pick a receiver like Evans because he would be BPA at a prime position......I am OK with knowing that one or two of those early round picks from the past two years loses his snaps. I believe if you have a solid plan to fill out your starting 21 it can be done much more efficiently than the hunt and peck method of drafting for need. Free agency is where you fill short term needs.

agree 100 percent.

Brilliant! You figured it out! According to your logic the Mario deal would have to trigger 10,000 new season ticket holders to keep seats for 10 years just to break even. You so smart!

Just my opinion man, thats all.....relax homeboy!

Losing seasons, Letting top talent go instead of tagging them to get picks to assist the team? So far it looks like the same **** Ralph Wilson has done for Decades. This team is not making progress regardless of the wishing and koolaid Drinking many fans do.

I agree that after decades of futility the FO should NOT EVER be given the benefit of the doubt. Anyone who does so is crazy IMO. However, after going both ways on this myself, I'll give Whaley a chance on this. It is unlikely they could keep A. Williams and Byrd, and sine Williams made the calls in the secondary, he is likely more valuable than Byrd. This decision is not terrible, so long as we are able to keep some other talent (we did keep E. Wood and McKelvin, who played well last year). Lets see if A. Williams and/or the safety they take in the 1st or 2nd round will be good. My bet is the plan is to have money for A. Williams next year, and draft C. Pyror or Clinton Ha-ha-, etc. from Bama.

no one makes ya post. :/

it's an addiction. and the only cure is MORE POSTING!

Edited by RyanC883

Based on his zero NFL starts or his special teams play?

Neither, really. I was a huge fan of his when he played at Nevada... Very fast, and instinctive player. I gotta think someone else felt that way, or he wouldn't have made the roster. Do you have a problem with a talented player geting a chance? if so, why?

Neither, really. I was a huge fan of his when he played at Nevada... Very fast, and instinctive player. I gotta think someone else felt that way, or he wouldn't have made the roster. Do you have a problem with a talented player geting a chance? if so, why?

He has zero NFL starts at safety and was a mid round pick last year. He might turn into a good pro, but he's completely untested at this point. Quite a gamble if the team elects to go that route. Oh, and he's learning another defense.

He has zero NFL starts at safety and was a mid round pick last year. He might turn into a good pro, but he's completely untested at this point. Quite a gamble if the team elects to go that route. Oh, and he's learning another defense.

Seems awfully short-sighted to deny talented rookies/1st year players a shot. -How in the world can you be sure you're not passing on something great?

Having little experience has nothing to do with whether or not a player can or can't (at some point) deliver. What if Duke SHINES under pressure. How would you know if you don't put him under the hot lights and see?

-It's a lesson taght by the Russell Wilson's and Colin Kaepernick's of the world. -Gambling on unproven players is a MUST. Plus, how much does a back-to-back 6-10 team have to lose? -All I'm saying is, -Give Duke a Chance.

Losing seasons, Letting top talent go instead of tagging them to get picks to assist the team? So far it looks like the same **** Ralph Wilson has done for Decades. This team is not making progress regardless of the wishing and koolaid Drinking many fans do.

There is no "New Era" - 6-10 and the stupid toronto arrangement was our clue. Ralph selected Russ because he is his puppet, and wouldn't do anything to disrupt the continuity Ralph has had going for the last 15 years. Why change anything when one of the smallest markets in the NFL is in the top half of attendance year in and year out? It's a profitable business with little risk, even less investment by the owner, and we keep watching, like something might change. The Jim Kelly era was a fluke, and the franchise is moving closer and closer to dropping below .400 winning percentage all time and closing in on the league's worst overall winning percentage over the life of it's existence. I have been embarrassed to say I am a Bills fan for so long, I really don't care anymore what people say, I used to get so pissed about the superbowl jokes, now I just agree and walk away. I love this team, don't get me wrong, and I'll watch them right up until some billionaire schmuck moves them to "DoucheBag-ville" in california, and we have to watch the trucks roll out of town as good 'ol Ralphie-poo rams it to us one last time.

I am never amazed at the amount of whining on this board! How the hell do you know it wasn't the right decision?

We don't. Just tired of other teams signing their best players and ours leave. People hate Byrd but he is a top safety and losing him hurts the team.

We don't know what went on behind closed doors, but one thing is certain. If the Bills tagged Byrd and then traded him, they could control where he plays next year. It could be he follows Pettine to Cleveland, which is bad enough, but imagine him in a Patriots or Jets or Dolphins uniform licking his chops while EJ checks down.

I'm looking forward to Duke Williams taking Byrd's place on the Bill's starting defense. Along with Aaron Williams, Kyle Williams, and Mario Williams. We already have Nathan Williams on the roster. I say the Bills go after Brandon Williams, Cary Williams, Dan Williams, D.J. Williams, Ian Williams, Jabara Williams, Jason Williams, Jesse Williams, Nick Williams, Shawn Williams, Steve Williams, and Sylvester Williams. That's more than 11 but we need some subs.

Edited by Utah John

We don't know what went on behind closed doors, but one thing is certain. If the Bills tagged Byrd and then traded him, they could control where he plays next year. It could be he follows Pettine to Cleveland, which is bad enough, but imagine him in a Patriots or Jets or Dolphins uniform licking his chops while EJ checks down.

I'm looking forward to Duke Williams taking Byrd's place on the Bill's starting defense. Along with Aaron Williams, Kyle Williams, and Mario Williams. We already have Nathan Williams on the roster. I say the Bills go after Brandon Williams, Cary Williams, Dan Williams, D.J. Williams, Ian Williams, Jabara Williams, Jason Williams, Jesse Williams, Nick Williams, Shawn Williams, Steve Williams, and Sylvester Williams. That's more than 11 but we need some subs.

Well done sir, good for a laugh. The Bills might as well try it. What they have been doing sure as hell has not been working.