Khalil Mack

Big Turk

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Passing on a guy because if his 2nd contract is something that should get a GM fired on the spot IMO

Any player the Bills take at #9 should be worth a ton by the time his contract is up, or else somebody sucks at their job!

Why does Darcy come to mind???

So...don't take a stud linebacker because his contract will expire close to our other stud linebacker's contract? Sheesh...talk about first world problems.

I don't want the bills to be good because I might feel obligated to buy merchandise.

You're right, but I also think the way NFL teams adjust to it is by not drafting him high. Then you'll have Kyper talking for two hours straight how he doesn't understand why no team has picked Mack yet or others in similar situations.

Understood, but I think it is scarier for fans than it is for NFL GMs.

Imagine if they won a Super Bowl? That would probably cost a t shirt and a ball cap!

Don't want to endure that sort of financial drain...

I keep dreaming of what it would be like if they went to the Super Bowl. I have promised myself that no matter what I will be there. With my luck it will be the first Super Bowl played on the moon and I will have to sell both kidneys to Richard Branson.

The scouts are drooling over him for sure. They are also looking at how he practices, how he studies film, and breaking down technique and fundamentals outside of what you might see in a game, which is important. I was at that OSU-UB game. He mainly abused Taylor Decker who was a freshman RT playing his first game. That said, he really was all over the field and made huge plays against some legit (and very fast) talent. That was one of the best OLs in the country he faced, and that was their worst game of the year. Not sure what to expect in the NFL but I think as long as he is in a system that utilizes him right he will be very good. I also think he will flourish in the NFL despite how he was somewhat neutralized in his last few games since he was one of the only guys on UB's D the opponent had to really account for on every play, whereas if he was on the Bills, for example, they wouldn't be able to contain him as well with a double team or run plays away from both him and Kiko. In addition, had he been on an SEC defense he could have had more ability to make plays as he would have been one of many LBs to worry about. I am not advocating the Bills taking him that high, because I feel they have higher needs in round 1, just an example.

Ourlads doesn't have Mack rated that high on their draft board : http://www.ourlads.com/nfl-mock-draft/2014/

and write-up :

logo_thumb_DAL.gif

Dallas Khalil Mack OLB

FBS_BUF.gif

Buffalo 6030 245 4.65 The Cowboys need to generate a pass rush opposite Demarcus Ware in the Tampa-2. Mack can widen out and bring it. His versatility as a hand-in-the-dirt pass rusher or a standup outside linebacker helps his stock. He features an explosive and sudden first step when rushing the passer. For the past four years he has been a disruptive playmaker despite teams’ accounting for him on every play. He led the Bulls with 100 tackles, 19 tackles for loss, 10.5 sacks, 3 interceptions, 10 passes defended, and 5 forced fumbles.

NEEDS: DE/PR,CB,S,DT

Ourlads doesn't have Mack rated that high on their draft board : http://www.ourlads.c...ock-draft/2014/

and write-up :

logo_thumb_DAL.gif

Dallas Khalil Mack OLB

FBS_BUF.gif

Buffalo 6030 245 4.65 The Cowboys need to generate a pass rush opposite Demarcus Ware in the Tampa-2. Mack can widen out and bring it. His versatility as a hand-in-the-dirt pass rusher or a standup outside linebacker helps his stock. He features an explosive and sudden first step when rushing the passer. For the past four years he has been a disruptive playmaker despite teams’ accounting for him on every play. He led the Bulls with 100 tackles, 19 tackles for loss, 10.5 sacks, 3 interceptions, 10 passes defended, and 5 forced fumbles.

NEEDS: DE/PR,CB,S,DT

That is a mock draft... which factors in where teams are drafting and the positional needs of that team. Different than a big board, which ranks the players solely on their talent/projection to the NFL. That is why you see Manziel out of the top 10 on some big boards but being drafted #1 overall in mocks from the same experts. Still, your point that he is drafted 17 in this mock is interesting and if he went to Dallas that would be a good fit for them.

That is a mock draft... which factors in where teams are drafting and the positional needs of that team. Different than a big board, which ranks the players solely on their talent/projection to the NFL. That is why you see Manziel out of the top 10 on some big boards but being drafted #1 overall in mocks from the same experts. Still, your point that he is drafted 17 in this mock is interesting and if he went to Dallas that would be a good fit for them.

They also don't have Barr going until #11. While they do have Mack as the #2 OLB they don't appear to have an overall ranking regardless of position. Maybe that's something that they will add after the combine.

They also don't have Barr going until #11. While they do have Mack as the #2 OLB they don't appear to have an overall ranking regardless of position. Maybe that's something that they will add after the combine.

Here is their Top 50: http://www.ourlads.c...ft/2014/2356481

For those not familiar with Ourlad's. From their web site:

Ourlads' Scouting Services was the first to use computers to monitor, evaluate, and rate the talent. It has developed complex algorithms through the years and also has developed a comprehensive set of databases to be harvested. Ourlads was also the first to produce newsletters pertaining to the draft dating back to 1987.

Their computer "Ourlads" comes up with a ranking of players; top 50 in this instance and those top 50 are plugged into the top 50 draft slots. So while they show it as a mock draft, this is also their top 50 players according to their computer

Edited by LancasterSteve

Ourlads' Scouting Services was the first to use computers to monitor, evaluate, and rate the talent. It has developed complex algorithms through the years and also has developed a comprehensive set of databases to be harvested. Ourlads was also the first to produce newsletters pertaining to the draft dating back to 1987.

Their computer "Ourlads" comes up with a ranking of players; top 50 in this instance and those top 50 are plugged into the top 50 draft slots. So while they show it as a mock draft, this is also their top 50 players according to their computer

I wasn't familiar with Ourlad's - thanks. Very interesting stuff, not the same as all the other ones.

Thanks Steve!

I see that they have 5 QBs ranked in the top 50 (Carr is #41). I wonder if the experts here are still so sure that the talent at the position this year is equal to last year's draft.