Khalil Mack

Big Turk

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. Thoughts?

It tells me that 1) Mayock is putting a premium on defense over offense this year (because I think you can also make a case for Watkins or Robinson being the #1 overall prospect in this draft)

2) Mayock stack ranked the defensive prospects and feels Mack is the most complete package (talent/size/speed/production/versatility/fewest red flags/question marks/character) and can play in any defensive scheme which makes him even more valuable. If you went on defensive talent and potential alone you would choose Clowney, but he thinks Mack is more bust-proof because of the track record of production and lack of question marks on his work ethic, etc. Mack's biggest "red flag" is he played in MAC. James Harrison and Ben Roethlisberger have the rings to show that means nothing. Just my take.

I asked the question in another thread now buried. What do you do if both Mack and Watkins are there at 9? Not very likely but possible.

If you value the two equally, you see if Detroit wants one guy more than the other, threaten to pick him and swap picks with the Lions to gain something. It gets more complex if there is a QB that somebody likes at that spot.

If you value the two equally, you see if Detroit wants one guy more than the other, threaten to pick him and swap picks with the Lions to gain something. It gets more complex if there is a QB that somebody likes at that spot.

How about your 2nd & next years 1st to Detroit and you take them both. :)

I asked the question in another thread now buried. What do you do if both Mack and Watkins are there at 9? Not very likely but possible.

Without seeing the Bills Big Board, it is hard to tell. They will have one ranked higher than the other, and will take that guy. We have heard they have Watkins very high on their board but wouldn't trade up for him. This came from a source, not the media, because as you know whatever Whaley and Marrone are saying is calculated (for good reason).

I like this also, but is anybody willing to pull the trigger on either or?

I guess that I will. Watkins and Mack have been my two favorites the whole time. With that being said for me it would be Watkins. I think that it is difficult to find elite skill players. In addition, I like Watkins much more than the other receivers. There are some other LBs that I would be happy with. It's like picking between a Lexus and a BMW. You are going to be happy either way.

I guess that I will. Watkins and Mack have been my two favorites the whole time. With that being said for me it would be Watkins. I think that it is difficult to find elite skill players. In addition, I like Watkins much more than the other receivers. There are some other LBs that I would be happy with. It's like picking between a Lexus and a BMW. You are going to be happy either way.

I think I'm with you.

Mayock: Khalil Mack would be my No. 1 overall pick

"You talk about a kid like [Jadeveon] Clowney, who's just got superhuman abilities, versus this kid, and if I had a choice between the two, I think I'm taking Mack," Mayock said.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000327619/article/mayock-khalil-mack-would-be-my-no-1-overall-pick

Where would Mack play on the Bills roster. Isn't he a strong side LB? Would Kiko, Spikes, Mack be a solid LB group from weak to strong side? Does it mean drafting a MLB later in the draft?

Mack would play the SAM in 4-3, and OLB in the 3-4. He could probably also play 4-3 DE, but that would waste his coverage abilities.

These are pretty great numbers for KM, especially the 40 inch vertical (an important one) and the rep #: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/24455760/nfl-combine-mack-barr-raise-stakes-with-stellar-numbers . The guy is damn strong and can leap. Plus he's plenty fast and quick.

He's going very high. For those who focus on the bowling green game, i watched and can tell you that bgsu completely avoided him in the second half.

Edited by dave mcbride