Khalil Mack

Big Turk

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys that play at UB don't go in the top 10. He's a mid round pick. Bank it.

Bank it ?

: )

You have a point but this kid is well recognized. Combine might decide whether you are correct.

This might be the pick at nine. and it might be Bills 1st pick if we trade back .

Give me the RT / TE / Wr as the 1st pick in the second and everyone is happy . Right ?

There's a lot to like about Mack, but he's projected to have his biggest impact as a pass rushing OLB at the next level. Scouts just need a little convincing about his explosiveness off the ball. Every OT he faces in the NFL is gonna have long arms and decent feet and that first step will be vital for him; it's what sets up every other aspect of the pass rush technique. Teams will be wanting to see athletic prowess in the jumping events and his 10 yard splits in the 40, the best indicators of explosiveness.

He's no different than any other highly rated prospect in the draft. Scouts need to see things from all players at every position. His body of work speaks for itself though, and that carries a lot of weight. Explosiveness is the only concern I've heard about his game.

I think that is a pretty fair assessment. It is so true too that there are questions about every prospect in every draft.

Maybe I am downplaying it because I think that he is a high floor guy as well. I don't think that he could fall past about 20 barring an absolute disaster. When I think of someone like Mingo or Maybin if they were to run a bad 10 second split he could have fallen to like the 4th round. They are high risk, high reward type guys. I see Mack as a pretty low risk, high reward guy.

Guys that play at UB don't go in the top 10. He's a mid round pick. Bank it.

I know what you mean, but to counteract that negative, remind yourself what school did last year's first pick overall come from...and what conference that school is in.

Bank it ?

: )

You have a point but this kid is well recognized. Combine might decide whether you are correct.

This might be the pick at nine. and it might be Bills 1st pick if we trade back .

Give me the RT / TE / Wr as the 1st pick in the second and everyone is happy . Right ?

id say TE/WR/LB. Any order doesn't matter as long as we get the best 3 we can

Mack just flat out scares me. He appears to be a one dimensional pass rushing OLB playing in a very weak conference. He has boom or bust written all over him. He would be very hard to pass up at 9. He could be awesome and the Bills have needs at LB especially if Scwartz intends on leaving Kiko at MLB. I see a run on QB's early and would not be surprised if our are taken in the top 8. This pushes the talent level down and should give the Bills ample opportunity to trade down. In the end I pass in Mack and prefer more of a run stuffer at LB, a WR, Ebron, or an OT round 1.

Mack just flat out scares me. He appears to be a one dimensional pass rushing OLB playing in a very weak conference. He has boom or bust written all over him. He would be very hard to pass up at 9. He could be awesome and the Bills have needs at LB especially if Scwartz intends on leaving Kiko at MLB. I see a run on QB's early and would not be surprised if our are taken in the top 8. This pushes the talent level down and should give the Bills ample opportunity to trade down. In the end I pass in Mack and prefer more of a run stuffer at LB, a WR, Ebron, or an OT round 1.

That is simply untrue. Mack is great against the run as well as the pass, and he can drop into coverage and make plays too. As for the MAC being weak, it's not the SEC but it's not Division III either. The NFL is full of players from the MAC.

PTR

That is simply untrue. Mack is great against the run as well as the pass, and he can drop into coverage and make plays too. As for the MAC being weak, it's not the SEC but it's not Division III either. The NFL is full of players from the MAC.

PTR

Agree with this. IMO, the Big 10 was no better than the MAC this year. There is no conference that compares to the SEC in terms of SOS and top recruits, but that doesn't mean you can't get a great NFL talent from any conference.I watch mostly Big 10 and that is just the sad fact of that conference at this point.

PTR

Do you think he'd be able to make the shift inside as part of various personel packages?

Do you think he'd be able to make the shift inside as part of various personel packages?

I always thought he was versatile. As a UB Bull he never lined up in the same place, You also never knew if he would rush or drop back into coverage. And he was good in coverage. Like I said earlier, I'm disappointed in his play the last two games and his decision to skip the Senior Bowl. Other than that, I've been very impressed during his entire career.

PTR

PTR

I am with PTR. IMO Mack has one of the highest floors in the draft (along with Clowney, Bridgewater, Watkins and Matthews). He is well rounded with years of production. I saw him 5-6 times this year and nothing scares me. If anything I would say that he is a really safe pick. He does still have upside as well.

Understood, but I think it is scarier for fans than it is for NFL GMs.

Good point Yolo an as Buckeye fans I think that it is fair to say that he was the best player on the field that day. He can produce against top competition. The flipside of the argument is that when you play with inferior talent around you everyone game plans against you. He was always doubled and tripled and was still productive.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I am with PTR. IMO Mack has one of the highest floors in the draft (along with Clowney, Bridgewater, Watkins and Matthews). He is well rounded with years of production. I saw him 5-6 times this year and nothing scares me. If anything I would say that he is a really safe pick. He does still have upside as well.

Good point Yolo an as Buckeye fans I think that it is fair to say that he was the best player on the field that day. He can produce against top competition. The flipside of the argument is that when you play with inferior talent around you everyone game plans against you. He was always doubled and tripled and was still productive.

Yes. Best player, not just best LB.

Both linebackers will be great pros, and of course a UB guy on the Bills would be nice. But we cannot draft an LB with our first pick. In the first place, our new defensive coach and scheme does not emphasize the linebacker position. Second, and most important, look down the road a bit. It's clear Alonso is going to be a great player, and I assume Mack will be as well. So as their first contracts expire, which will be fairly close in time, both will command a huge salary. No team can afford to spend that much money on the linebacker position. We would have to choose one or the other. Let's not send a first round pick on a guy we will have to let go due to salary cap issues.

Both linebackers will be great pros, and of course a UB guy on the Bills would be nice. But we cannot draft an LB with our first pick. In the first place, our new defensive coach and scheme does not emphasize the linebacker position. Second, and most important, look down the road a bit. It's clear Alonso is going to be a great player, and I assume Mack will be as well. So as their first contracts expire, which will be fairly close in time, both will command a huge salary. No team can afford to spend that much money on the linebacker position. We would have to choose one or the other. Let's not send a first round pick on a guy we will have to let go due to salary cap issues.

By then (contract ) we wont need Mario. dont fret it !

So...don't take a stud linebacker because his contract will expire close to our other stud linebacker's contract? Sheesh...talk about first world problems.

My thoughts:

- It's the coach's job to put players in position to succeed...if a player is an elite level talent then take him; let the coach figure out how to use him

- Passing on a guy because if his 2nd contract is something that should get a GM fired on the spot IMO