Khalil Mack

Big Turk

Thanks Steve!

I see that they have 5 QBs ranked in the top 50 (Carr is #41). I wonder if the experts here are still so sure that the talent at the position this year is equal to last year's draft.

Ourlads had 4 QBs in the top 50 last year, so I guess having one more QB in their top 50 makes this year's class so much better.

Last year they also had two QBs in their top 8, just like they do this year. Ironically, both at the same 6 and 8 rankings. I will go out on a limb and say this year's #6 is better than their #6 last year.

Still don't see any generational talent at the position, though. Just like last year.

http://www.ourlads.c...raft-prospects/

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not 100% sold on Mack. I think the pick is too important to roll the dice on such a small school player.

Oh really !!

Too important ?

For a UB player who dominated and has national recognition by the top pundits ?

Oh . You are just trying to get some folks dander up and having fun with us . Sorry i thought you were serious .

nevermind

Edited by 3rdand12

and the competition the player played against ?

The same as Mack except I don't think that he played against 2 teams that were ranked in the top 10 (OSU & Baylor). IMO Mack has a really high floor and ceiling. I think that he is one of the safest players in this draft. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I think Mack will be legit in the NFL. You can't avoid LB's in the NFL like you can in college. He will cause havoc rushing the QB and stripping guys from behind, and getting plenty of tackles in between. I'd take Mack if he's there...or a big WR.

and the competition the player played against ?

Again, not an issue for the scouts. If it was, he would be ranked lower. This is why LBs from OSU, USC, Bama will go later or undrafted and LBs from UB and WKU are going to go high. Edited by YoloinOhio

Guys that play at UB don't go in the top 10. He's a mid round pick. Bank it.

UB's never had a player like Mack...

Mack just flat out scares me. He appears to be a one dimensional pass rushing OLB playing in a very weak conference. He has boom or bust written all over him. He would be very hard to pass up at 9. He could be awesome and the Bills have needs at LB especially if Scwartz intends on leaving Kiko at MLB. I see a run on QB's early and would not be surprised if our are taken in the top 8. This pushes the talent level down and should give the Bills ample opportunity to trade down. In the end I pass in Mack and prefer more of a run stuffer at LB, a WR, Ebron, or an OT round 1.

Is this a shared opinion, or just yours? From everything I've read and seen, seems to me you're a bit off on this assessment.

Is this a shared opinion, or just yours? From everything I've read and seen, seems to me you're a bit off on this assessment.

He's way off base. Mack can rush the passer, which is not true of all LBs, and is quite beastly against the run, being that he is College Football's all-time leader in tackles for losses and all. He will be good on any team, in any defense.

He's way off base. Mack can rush the passer, which is not true of all LBs, and is quite beastly against the run, being that he is College Football's all-time leader in tackles for losses and all. He will be good on any team, in any defense.

Thank you sir !

Here's one thing that everyone overlooks about Mack. The guy can drop into pass coverage too.

Yeah, too many people are pegging him as a pure pass rusher. He is not Von Miller. He is a very complete LB that can do pretty much everything. I think that he is a little overrated as a pass rusher and way underrated as a LB.

Here's one thing that everyone overlooks about Mack. The guy can drop into pass coverage too.

And his size - 6'3, 248... there are a lot of "undersized" LBs coming out of college and his size is a an asset as he can fit into any defense. Not being a liability in pass coverage means he can play all 3 downs. Size+speed+production = he'll go high. Plus 4 year starter and no character issues that we know of.

no i did not overlook that !

Those here that wanted him early on were right. The kid might even be worth a move up for us ??

If everyone would stop blowing the kid up . geez Mike Maycock