Jairus Byrd [was Jarius Byrd]

If they can't get a trade, just tag him, something could happen by July 15 deadline. If he signs his tag and reports to training camp ready to play, just keep him at least another season for $8.3m.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Same old bills. I hope this isn't true but history says this team would be dumb enough to let a star go for nothing with no legit replacement plan in place.

we dont know they dont have a plan per se.. Edited by 3rdand12

Same old bills. I hope this isn't true but history says this team would be dumb enough to let a star go for nothing with no legit replacement plan in place.

And you can get your life they aren't going to use the savings on other players. This goes straight to Ralph's bottom line and Littman's bonus.

If they can't get a trade, just tag him, something could happen by July 15 deadline. If he signs his tag and reports to training camp ready to play, just keep him at least another season for $8.3m.

If they tag him I'd bet you a months salary his plantar fascitis comes back mysteriously.

And you can get your life they aren't going to use the savings on other players. This goes straight to Ralph's bottom line and Littman's bonus.

Yes. The idea any "cost savings" from not signing Byrd are spent elsewhere is garbage. That money is banked right back to Grosse Point Shores, MI.

EDIT: And people wonder why the staff and possibly the football people are not happy. Their hands are tied behind their backs.

Edited by BillsVet

True . But a poor trade is better than No trade isnt it ?

In order to trade him you have to tag him. Then you have to find a trading partner who is willing to give you something tangible for a player who they can't sign to a long term deal. You have to find a trading partner who is willing to take a guy they only have for one year. No team is willing to do that for a safety with a chronic foot condition.

In order to trade him you have to tag him. Then you have to find a trading partner who is willing to give you something tangible for a player who they can't sign to a long term deal. You have to find a trading partner who is willing to take a guy they only have for one year. No team is willing to do that for a safety with a chronic foot condition.

Chronic probowl foot condition that will amazingly heal with a long term deal i betcha

If that were true he wouldn't be about to get a monster contract. You're just wrong.

If that were true he wouldn't be about to get a monster contract. You're just wrong.

'

Really? I'm wrong? Then you tell me who is lining up to trade for him.

There's a reason the Safety position has the second lowest tag number just about punters and kickers. Byrds a great safety, spending $10M or more per year on a safety is just stupid and that's why the vast majority of other teams in the NFL don't do it.

You might want to read this:

http://www.wgr550.com/Source--Bills-made--substantial--offer-to-Byrd/18497449

Edited by Mike in Syracuse