Jairus Byrd [was Jarius Byrd]

Oh and F^&k LaCAnfora

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora 39s

Its not like the Bills are going to win a Super Bowl with him on the franchise tag in 2014. So take the comp pick and move on.

Joe Buscaglia@JoeBuscaglia 17s

That's substantial, all right RT @JasonLaCanfora The Bills offer to Byrd woulve made him 1 of highest paid safeties in the NFL in 1st 2 yrs

So F Byrd too

Good grief...yeah, see ya Jairus.

If you won't take highest paid in the NFL I'm not sure what the team can do for you.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So now that the Bills made a "substantial" offer--which I can only assume falls in line with what Byrd is likely to be worth on the open market (who really knows?), how convinced are we that he would've signed here for any amount of $$?

My assumption was that this was always about a number--now it sounds like it was always about hitting the open market.

Personally I'd still tag him

out of vengeance ? :death: Edited by 3rdand12

So...If I'm reading that correctly...The problem with tagging and trading is that other teams are being scared off by the fact that Byrd is turning down the deal Buffalo is offering? Or am I missing something?

I guess they think no ones gonna deal for a guy under contract for 1 year. He's gonna wreak havoc on someone else's cap. His fake injury last year has double screwed the bills as his trade value took a hit.

Or the bills are cheap, I don't follow the cap #'s as hard as some. This is bad news, I thought at worst we would franchise and get a 2nd. Writing might have been on the wall once Meeks and Williams were drafted last year.

Oh and F^&k LaCAnfora

Its not like the Bills are going to win a Super Bowl with him on the franchise tag in 2014. So take the comp pick and move on.

That's substantial, all right RT @JasonLaCanfora The Bills offer to Byrd woulve made him 1 of highest paid safeties in the NFL in 1st 2 yrs

So F Byrd too

Well, it certainly looks like those who have said Byrd just did not want to be in Buffalo were right. It's looking more and more like it was not about $$ after all.

So now that the Bills made a "substantial" offer--which I can only assume falls in line with what Byrd is likely to be worth on the open market (who really knows?), how convinced are we that he would've signed here for any amount of $$?

My assumption was that this was always about a number--now it sounds like it was always about hitting the open market.

I've been saying for a while that no amount we offered would get it done. He wants to test his worth on the open market. We offer him $10m he wants to see if he can get $11m.

I agree with you about tagging him.

GO BILLS!!!

Oh and F^&k LaCAnfora

So F Byrd too

Why because he's right? They aren't going to the Super Bowl and no way Byrd resigns here next spring after back to back franchise tags. It's blatantly obvious he wants max dollars, which they shouldn't pay. So let him walk and take the comp pick and move on.

I've been saying for a while that no amount we offered would get it done. He wants to test his worth on the open market. We offer him $10m he wants to see if he can get $11m.

I agree with you about tagging him.

GO BILLS!!!

I would definitely tag him and rescind it at the latest date I could.... :flirt:

I agree. Why not tag him, especially since the $8.4 million they would have to pay him is less than he would get if they signed him to a long-term deal? I am not aware of anyone else they would potentially use the tag on this year. Maybe they just don't want all the drama, again.

Byrd and Parker are clearly aiming for top dollar, as well they should. If I were to prioritize contract extensions moving forward I would now focus on locking Dareus up if at all possible before he puts a truly complete season together. The guy does keep getting better on the football field. The good news that I take from this is that perhaps the possibility of the Bills grabbing some high profile FAs just got better. Who?

They would likely get a compensatory pick for just letting him go, how high is the question.

Can't be any higher that a 3rd...Which it will be if the Bills don't sign a big time UFA...Compensation picks are about net loss...

No no...I'd tag him because the team has the cap room and he's probably better than anyone else that they'd start at FS this year.

His abilities at the position have not been in question for me , what he lacks in speed he makes up for in smarts

But i guess the FO have agreed with JB relunctantly , it's time to move on.

And 27, under these conditions do you think he is going to be an asset to the Defense ?

Bring up Duke !

Byrd and Parker are clearly aiming for top dollar, as well they should. If I were to prioritize contract extensions moving forward I would now focus on locking Dareus up if at all possible before he puts a truly complete season together. The guy does keep getting better on the football field. The good news that I take from this is that perhaps the possibility of the Bills grabbing some high profile FAs just got better. Who?

Absolutely. Let's look at extensions for Dareus, CJ, AW now.

Time to focus on Aaron Williams getting extended at the first opportunity. While he lacks Byrd's experience and savvy for the position, he's better athletically. He was doing a great job at FS last season until injuries forced him back to corner.

Good luck, Jairus.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm guessing this is not necessarily the case...I think it looks far more like Byrd wanting to go where he wants to go...And of course he's hoping to land as big a deal as he can there...but I get the feeling he'll take less in order to go to a team he's really comfortable with... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Can't be any higher that a 3rd...Which it will be if the Bills don't sign a big time UFA...Compensation picks are about net loss...

Yea, I cant remember the formula. They'd probably get a 3rd, maybe a 2nd for Byrd if they were able to trade to another team.