Goodell makes 44 Million for this.

oman128

I was reading a list of stories currently posted on ESPN and here are the highlights.

Aaron Hernandez of the Patriots has been charged with murder.

E.J Henderson of the Vikings has been released due to multiple DWI's.

Richie Incognito is a racist bully when it comes to J Martin.

Hugh Douglas was just charge for beating up his girlfriend.

Darren Sharper charged with two counts of rape.

Vince Young just filed for bankruptcy.

Greg Boyd just jailed for tax fraud.

and just this past week we find out that Michael Sam future NFL Draftee says he's gay. Which may not be so bad when you consider what the guys above him have done.

OJ Simpson is still in jail and I believe Rae Carruth is as well , not to mention Dave Meggett. Im sure there are others.

Great job Roger!

Edited by oman128

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what Roger Goodell has to do with any of it? Scumbag rapers, murderers, and thugs. It's not like Roger birthed them.

Right, and he does lead tax exempt multi billion dollar parent company of 32 billion dollar subsidiaries, so I'd expect him to make some nice coin.

$44M is RIDICULOUS though. That's what? Double the annual salary of the leagues highest paid PLAYER?

Right, and he does lead tax exempt multi billion dollar parent company of 32 billion dollar subsidiaries, so I'd expect him to make some nice coin.

$44M is RIDICULOUS though. That's what? Double the annual salary of the leagues highest paid PLAYER?

Just for accuracy's sake-

9m of it was a deferred payment he earned during the lockout year but for league cash flow pushed actual payment to this year.

The 35m figure is in line with bud selig, who I find way worse

Edited by NoSaint

I was reading a list of stories currently posted on ESPN and here are the highlights.

Aaron Hernandez of the Patriots has been charged with murder.

E.J Henderson of the Vikings has been released due to multiple DWI's.

Richie Incognito is a racist bully when it comes to J Martin.

Hugh Douglas was just charge for beating up his girlfriend.

Darren Sharper charged with two counts of rape.

Vince Young just filed for bankruptcy.

Greg Boyd just jailed for tax fraud.

and just this past week we find out that Michael Sam future NFL Draftee says he's gay. Which may not be so bad when you consider what the guys above him have done.

OJ Simpson is still in jail and I believe Rae Carruth is as well , not to mention Dave Meggett. Im sure there are others.

Great job Roger!

and the highest tv ratings ever

highest rated super bowl ever

Dave Meggett in jail is Goodell's fault ? Dave's dad is in their too is that Roger's fault also

Edited by CardinalScotts

Top CEO's on his level make this. I'm fine with it.

Top CEO's on his level make this. I'm fine with it.

Exactly.

This is an uninformed thread. News flash, there are people that make horrible decisions who are in the NFL, or we're in the NFL. Second, as jboys states, this is normal for CEO's. Have you ever pulled the comp plans for other CEO's like Google, Tyco, Microsoft, Grummond, Delta, and so on?

Exactly.

This is an uninformed thread. News flash, there are people that make horrible decisions who are in the NFL, or we're in the NFL. Second, as jboys states, this is normal for CEO's. Have you ever pulled the comp plans for other CEO's like Google, Tyco, Microsoft, Grummond, Delta, and so on?

Correction. Not on everyone on this thread, just the person who started the message. My apologies guys. I don't want my comment misconstrued.

What the hell does that mean? Your blaming the nfl for letting a gay player play? What's the matter with you. Not only is your topic ignorant and ridiculous, It has no logic (there are some people that do bad things or even go bankrupt, blame the commissioner). And you had to go throw in a gay player as an example.

Bravo, you just made the worst thread iv ever seen here.

What the hell does that mean? Your blaming the nfl for letting a gay player play? What's the matter with you. Not only is your topic ignorant and ridiculous, It has no logic (there are some people that do bad things or even go bankrupt, blame the commissioner). And you had to go throw in a gay player as an example.

And that's ignoring the very fundamental error of not including a link. Fail on all fronts.

Yet there are what 2000 athletes in the nfl? Handful of douchebags but the extremely vast majority are great citizens and no headlines. Also, the NFL is a non profit cause it doesn't make money...it takes in all the money and then passes it to the owners of the league who are then taxed on their earnings.

I'm reminded of the saying 'don't confuse brains and bull markets'

The NFL is king, would have been king with or without Godell.

The jury is out on the London experiment, LA expansion and a bunch of other things the commissioner has control over.

I don't pin poor/criminal behaviour on Goddell. There is likely more to be done to protect and mentor players but I can't put all of it at his feet.

He did a good job with the lock out and getting long term labour and tv deals done. It is a private enterprise so no one should be complaining about his salary.

Apparently like all CEOs roger is completely responsible for all the personal conduct, off the clock lifestyles, and decisions of past, present and future associates.

I wonder if my CEO knows I cut the tags off of my mattress. He is so going down....

This has to be the most ridiculous, poorly thought out thread of the decade.

Goodell is paid a ton of money to be the flak for 32 owners who make all the decidions, all the rules. Goodell is just the public face they can hide behind. He does nothing without their direction, consent and order.

Anyway, considering the insane amount of success and money the NFL lords over all other professional sports and the intensity with which fans obsess over every tiny detail and drama of the league, Goodell is a bargain compaired to MLB and the NBA. Bettman, who has been commsioning the rotting corpse of the NHL for years was payed 8 million last year!

Tax exempt, multi-billion dollar parent company? You should research the corporate structure of the NFL. Your impressions are pretty far off base.

Any why would a compensation package of any amount that is privately negotiated between an individual and those who are paying him with their own money ever be ridiculous? Is your salary subject to scrutiny by someone other than your employer and you?