Jonathan Martin

johnwalter

215 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see 1BD acquire Jonathan Martin for the 2014 season?

• Yes, he is a good but inexpensive player that can fill a hole on the Bills roster.
    • No, the Bills have a strong locker room and Martin would put the team's chemistry at risk.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have a kid who is bullied in school, you will find out.

It still doesn't make sens that the parents counseled him by text. Seems pretty detactched

Sometimes kids who are being bullied think that the WORST thing that could happen is that their parents get involved--in their mind, that won't solve anything and will make the problem worse. And all of us who have been kids at one time or another have to admit that in some, perhaps even most, cases that's just what happens--Mom and Dad aren't there every moment with them to protect them and school yard retribution is swift and severe for getting parents involved. That's just the observances of a former kid from a semi-tough blue collar neighborhood--that's the way it would have worked where I grew up. Martin went to Harvard Westlake--probably the most exclusive prep school in LA--so his experience may have been different, but perhaps not.

For all those who seem to be apologizing for Incognito, what do you make of his treatment of the Asian trainer? I'd say that alone might be enough to get the guy fired/cut. The trainer clearly didn't "enjoy" the attention and was too scared to even cooperate fully with the investigation--that fear was righteous, in that he's correct that being involved in something like this could (sadly) negatively affect his reputation and ability to do his job.....

Sometimes kids who are being bullied think that the WORST thing that could happen is that their parents get involved--in their mind, that won't solve anything and will make the problem worse. And all of us who have been kids at one time or another have to admit that in some, perhaps even most, cases that's just what happens--Mom and Dad aren't there every moment with them to protect them and school yard retribution is swift and severe for getting parents involved. That's just the observances of a former kid from a semi-tough blue collar neighborhood--that's the way it would have worked where I grew up. Martin went to Harvard Westlake--probably the most exclusive prep school in LA--so his experience may have been different, but perhaps not.

For all those who seem to be apologizing for Incognito, what do you make of his treatment of the Asian trainer? I'd say that alone might be enough to get the guy fired/cut. The trainer clearly didn't "enjoy" the attention and was too scared to even cooperate fully with the investigation--that fear was righteous, in that he's correct that being involved in something like this could (sadly) negatively affect his reputation and ability to do his job.....

Thank you.

At this point I cannot imagine either Martin or Incognito having a solid state of mind regardless of where they were prior to this event. Both of them have to be worn out.

yea neither of them sounded great BEFORE all this came out. After months of dealing with this its got to be tough.

I say he was told he had to go to rehab by his agent BEFORE smashing the car. the car and bat was his reaction to the news.

I say he was having an affair with his agent and upon hearing the news that he would be barred from seeing his estranged lover J. Martin he became violent and threatened a toll booth collector who then took to Twitter to expose what was exchanged as Incognito's father created an account to bash the woman who ended up being the wife of the local Jiffy Lube Manager who had a Ferrari just like Incognito's that was blue and needing an oil change at that same spot but was refused and the breaking point became a violent outburst when when the the agent told him it was over so he took a bat to his car - I mean, can you blame the guy?

It's interesting that the guy who has (and likely has had) the more serious mental illness is mocked when he checks in to get help, yet Martin was nuzzled in the warm bossom of right thinking public opinion from the minute he walked out on the Phins and into bullying rehab.

Haha. People actually defended that idiot RI. It was Martin's fault!

They're both idiots. I think many people here pointed that out and I do not believe anyone who "defended" RI believed him to be a anything close to sane, normal, or justified.

They're both idiots. I think many people here pointed that out and I do not believe anyone who "defended" RI believed him to be a anything close to sane, normal, or justified.

Both parents graduated from Harvard. He went to Harvard-Westlake (one of the best high schools in the country). Went to Stanford. 2nd round draft pick. 24 year olds. Yup, Martin sounds like an idiot.

You and the like may not have defended RI but you're the classic enablers. Somehow, you found a way to find fault in the victim.

Incognito's Resume:

- Goes to Nebraska. Gets multiple personal fouls. Gets in a fight in practice. Gets suspended indefinitely. Forced to go to anger managament. Gets involved in another fight on campus and catches an assault charge. Gets suspeded again for violating teams rules. Gets into another fight in the lockerroom & leaves school.

- Goes to Oregon where he lasts a week before being dismissed by the team.

- Gets drafted. Gets multiple personal fouls. Has a meltdown, blows up at his coach on the sidelines, gets cut by the Rams.

- Sexually harassing female staffer at gold tourney

- Gets voted dirtiest player in the league

- Harrasses both Martin and trainer

Yup. The evidence definitely shows that Martin clearly has been a problem and both him and RI should be blamed equally. :rolleyes: