Jonathan Martin

johnwalter

215 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see 1BD acquire Jonathan Martin for the 2014 season?

• Yes, he is a good but inexpensive player that can fill a hole on the Bills roster.
    • No, the Bills have a strong locker room and Martin would put the team's chemistry at risk.

Both parents graduated from Harvard. He went to Harvard-Westlake (one of the best high schools in the country). Went to Stanford. 2nd round draft pick. 24 year olds. Yup, Martin sounds like an idiot.

You and the like may not have defended RI but you're the classic enablers. Somehow, you found a way to find fault in the victim.

Incognito's Resume:

- Goes to Nebraska. Gets multiple personal fouls. Gets in a fight in practice. Gets suspended indefinitely. Forced to go to anger managament. Gets involved in another fight on campus and catches an assault charge. Gets suspeded again for violating teams rules. Gets into another fight in the lockerroom & leaves school.

- Goes to Oregon where he lasts a week before being dismissed by the team.

- Gets drafted. Gets multiple personal fouls. Has a meltdown, blows up at his coach on the sidelines, gets cut by the Rams.

- Sexually harassing female staffer at gold tourney

- Gets voted dirtiest player in the league

- Harrasses both Martin and trainer

Yup. The evidence definitely shows that Martin clearly has been a problem and both him and RI should be blamed equally. :rolleyes:

Looking at those 2 "resumes", which one has significant mental illness?

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richie incognito is a piece of chit.

jonathan martin is a hero.

the Miami dolphins will pay dearly for ignoring workplace harassment.

omg when did we become a society of pussys. Martin needs to grow a pair. All this bullying nonsense wouldnt be an issue if everyone wasnt coddled and actually had some self esteem and confidence. A hero.... lmfao.

omg when did we become a society of pussys. Martin needs to grow a pair. All this bullying nonsense wouldnt be an issue if everyone wasnt coddled and actually had some self esteem and confidence. A hero.... lmfao.

For real!

It would be interesting to break down this argument according to age. The 35 and older vs the 34 and under.

Both parents graduated from Harvard. He went to Harvard-Westlake (one of the best high schools in the country). Went to Stanford. 2nd round draft pick. 24 year olds. Yup, Martin sounds like an idiot.

You and the like may not have defended RI but you're the classic enablers. Somehow, you found a way to find fault in the victim.

Incognito's Resume:

- Goes to Nebraska. Gets multiple personal fouls. Gets in a fight in practice. Gets suspended indefinitely. Forced to go to anger managament. Gets involved in another fight on campus and catches an assault charge. Gets suspeded again for violating teams rules. Gets into another fight in the lockerroom & leaves school.

- Goes to Oregon where he lasts a week before being dismissed by the team.

- Gets drafted. Gets multiple personal fouls. Has a meltdown, blows up at his coach on the sidelines, gets cut by the Rams.

- Sexually harassing female staffer at gold tourney

- Gets voted dirtiest player in the league

- Harrasses both Martin and trainer

Yup. The evidence definitely shows that Martin clearly has been a problem and both him and RI shnould be blamed equally. :rolleyes:

Without rehashing a lot of stuff the difference in the two of them are a lot of allegations and speculation. Sure, if RI did all of this will!d stuff he is a 1st class douche but maybe there are other red flags if someone e looked in to Martin.

We are on the outside looking in. I liken it to flipping a coin. If you're going to put somethig In to the flip why don't ya take a good look at both sides of it first.

So many tough guys on a message board. RI has a history & Martin didn't. Somehow, some place some blame Martin. It's laughable.

And the funniest thing is I hate bullies, yet I could probably bully the people who want Martin to "toughen up." ;)

If at all possible, could you provide any examples of this "tough guy" stuff you're talking about?

Of course, I do realize this could be a touchy subject and possibly impossible to do without maybe offending someone or ruffling feathers - but I am curious if you can provide examples or would feel comfortable giving examples of people saying "tough guy" things over the last month or so of this story. Before that should not count because it was completely unreliable at that point to determine what actually happened and most of the black and white issues were still grey.

Others, too, feel free to give examples of "tough guy" talk. I guess I don't really see it so easily. If you would like PM me, because I am honestly that curious and I won't be offended.

Gimmick or not, I'm personally glad RI is getting professional help--he pretty clearly has some mental health issues. I saw a commenter on PFT note that he had anger management issues while with the Bills. Personally, I don't recall that, but perhaps my memory is faulty.

In any event, it looks to me like this was a case where two guys had mental health problems where one guy's (RI) issues massively exacerbated the other guy's issues.....

Gimmick or not, I'm personally glad RI is getting professional help--he pretty clearly has some mental health issues. I saw a commenter on PFT note that he had anger management issues while with the Bills. Personally, I don't recall that, but perhaps my memory is faulty.

In any event, it looks to me like this was a case where two guys had mental health problems where one guy's (RI) issues massively exacerbated the other guy's issues.....

How do you hide violent behavior and mental issues playing such a physical sport only to be removed from the sport and be left empty.

Meh, this country is horrible with mental illness.

So many tough guys on a message board. RI has a history & Martin didn't. Somehow, some place some blame Martin. It's laughable.

And the funniest thing is I hate bullies, yet I could probably bully the people who want Martin to "toughen up." ;)

How could you not blame Martin? No other "victim" of RI quit their football team.

Sadly this whole discussion has made it easy to pick out who I would choose on this board to hang out with. The tough guy RI defenders show just how stable and emotionally developed they are, and how comfortable and sure they are with the state of their masculinity. No one is perfect, but if I had to share watching a football game with either Martin or RI, I would feel more comfortable watching it with Martin, he sure is the more stable of the two. Not sure about Martin's actual football ability, but I certainly wouldn't even hire RI to park cars during the game,lol.

Sadly this whole discussion has made it easy to pick out who I would choose on this board to hang out with. The tough guy RI defenders show just how stable and emotionally developed they are, and how comfortable and sure they are with the state of their masculinity. No one is perfect, but if I had to share watching a football game with either Martin or RI, I would feel more comfortable watching it with Martin, he sure is the more stable of the two. Not sure about Martin's actual football ability, but I certainly wouldn't even hire RI to park cars during the game,lol.

again

Who are these tough guys? And why would we value your insight to judge another internet poster? Is it saying something to "us" that you judge people based on a few lines of thought without knowing that person?

It's done to death. I don't think the guys who supported RI from the start were ever going to stop supporting RI, they had made their minds up that Martin was a crybaby and that was that. I doubt anything I, or anyone else, has said has even got close to changing their minds on that.

Likewise I believed from the start that RI would come out of the report very badly, and that he would be done in the NFL and I nothing anyone said to try and spin the report was going to change my mind. The only thing that would have done was the report exonerating RI and it did the opposite.

The only need for this thread to be revisited again is if either Martin or Incognito return to the NFL.

Edited by GunnerBill

• 2 weeks later...

@Josina Anderson ‏@JosinaAnderson 2m

--->RT @AdamSchefter: Filed to ESPN: San Francisco is trading a conditional draft pick to Miami for OT Jonathan Martin, per league sources.

Obvious trade is obvious. Reunites him with Harbaugh, low risk move for a stable and competitive team. Miami spins a first rounder into... what exactly?

Lots of this happening right now - same with Gabbert going to SF for a low pick. Teams don't mind dumping high picks to recoup something out of it, now that first round salaries don't kill you.