FA - Brandon Spikes

Virgil

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was really close with our new D-Line coach. Is great against the run. Plays ILB. Ran, and therefor knows, the Pats D.

Is that not a win on many different levels for us?

Cons: he's slow, we don't run the pats scheme (probably), and he's kind of a jerk.... And word was he no called no showed a team meeting while tweeting instead of simply contacting the team last I heard

Edited by NoSaint

Probably the best LB against the run in the NFL, liability in the passing game.

He probably won't be back with NE next year with Mayo, Hightower and Collins projected to start.

And with the rumors that he was kicked off the team in the playoffs for conduct not injury (who knows the truth....)

Probably the best LB against the run in the NFL, liability in the passing game.

He probably won't be back with NE next year with Mayo, Hightower and Collins projected to start.

Sounds like just what we need: a LB from the Patriots, that gets gouged when he drops back into coverage against the Patriots. Perhaps he could cheapshot somebody after missing the tackle and tack another 15 yards on.

If that is not a true Buffalo Bill, who is?

Purely for selfish reason, I hope we sign him make his number 51 and draft Mike Evans (who wore 13 in college, Stevie's number) make him 83...I've got two jerseys collecting dust in my closest...now if only there was a QB named losman in the draft.

Early done run stopper with an attitude , sound perfect. Problem will be how much do you have for a 1 or two down player

The problem is teams know he is a major weakness in coverage so they would just audible to take advantage of him being on the field. LBs like Spikes are being phased out of the NFL.

Hey, the Bills can sign him, and Richie Incognito and let them fight it out before each game. :wacko:

Anyway, I highly doubt you will see this team bring in any other high priced vets.

I think if the dust settles (Whaley's words for targets) and he is still available then the Bills may try to bring him in. If he signs early it won't be with the Bills. If that happens I doubt it will be an extravagant contract.

Edited by section122

I just don't see it, and that's putting aside my personal distaste for the player.

You have a guy in control of his own destiny, who has never uttered anything but trash talk about Buffalo (the place), who played his college ball at Florida, coming from a perennial playoff team. You're telling me that he is going to choose Buffalo because of a position coach, all other things being equal? A position coach may lure the Chet Reisenshines of the work to San Diego, but I don't see it with Spikes.

If the Bills get him it will be because they overpay, and this just isn't the kind of player you do that for IMO.

I just don't see it, and that's putting aside my personal distaste for the player.

You have a guy in control of his own destiny, who has never uttered anything but trash talk about Buffalo (the place), who played his college ball at Florida, coming from a perennial playoff team. You're telling me that he is going to choose Buffalo because of a position coach, all other things being equal? A position coach may lure the Chet Reisenshines of the work to San Diego, but I don't see it with Spikes.

If the Bills get him it will be because they overpay, and this just isn't the kind of player you do that for IMO.

I agree 100%.

I'm pretty sure he won't be a bill based off his tweets about buffalo.

rob quinn had a really good read about the new defensive scheme under schwartz with our current roster and spikes is pretty much exactly what the bills need for this D. he uses his MLB as a 2 gap run stuffer kinda like a NT almost. pretty much stephan tulloch. and the OLBs play sideline to sideline. luckily run stuffing LBs are not nearly as hard to find as a LB who can hang in coverage.

It's spelled "Riesenshine". I before e except after c.