REDSKINS!!!! Open to Trading Cousins

boyst

ESPN - Redskins backup QB Kirk Cousins open to being traded, believes he's ready to start, sources tell ESPN

How has no one posted this yet? I don't think it would be worth it. I figure they will be asking for a 2nd or 3rd. A 4th should get him. I'd rather toss them a 5th and 6th then a 4th. Of course we have Lewis and Dixon and both are capable backups at this point of our of rebuild. But... it is worth considering. And maybe making a call over.

In fact, how about Thad Lewis + 6th for Cousins? Or Dixon+5th for Cousins?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN - Redskins backup QB Kirk Cousins open to being traded, believes he's ready to start, sources tell ESPN

How has no one posted this yet? I don't think it would be worth it. I figure they will be asking for a 2nd or 3rd. A 4th should get him. I'd rather toss them a 5th and 6th then a 4th. Of course we have Lewis and Dixon and both are capable backups at this point of our of rebuild. But... it is worth considering. And maybe making a call over.

You obviously haven't heard about the wedding where Hackett, Marrone, and Whaley all married EJ. Ain't Happenin'!!

My guess is that they get about the same as SF got for Alex Smith. A 2nd seems likely. He is not as proven as Smith but younger and has had some success. I would think that a good deal of teams would prefer Cousins to like Derek Carr or AJ McCarron. I am certainly in that group.

I certainly would.

I don't know if this would be a wise move by the Redskins. Unless Cousins really wants out.

There's no way Washington gives him up for less than a 2nd - and they'd probably wish for a 1st, to recoup picks spent on Griffin. Not to mention, Griffin gets hurt often - at least, he seems fragile. So, having Cousins is not the same as having a QB just wasting away on the bench. He gets use, and he knows the system. I really doubt they give him up unless they're getting really good value for him.

Edited by KeisterHollow

please stop .its all about EJ

Not sure if you had a chance to witness Cousins this past season. He played very poorly when given the opportunity at the end of the season. His stock really fell. I wouldn't touch him and not many teams will.

Wash is probably looking for at least a late first or 2nd round pick. Cousins is unproven with potential. The more he has played the less impressive he looked. Teams need Qb's so someone will give up a pick. Having a hobbled RGtree and poooh behind him might no go well next season with a new coach.

I guess we could find out what Shanahan thinks about him.

Cleveland could trade their second round pick for him and use those first picks to fix other areas. If I were in their shoes I'd think long and hard about this. Nobody knows him better than Shanahan.