Draft: Mathews, Robinson, or Lewan

TPS

Seems there are three camps with this draft: big target WR/TE, LB, or OT. I've flopped around the first two for awhile, but recently have been convinced by the OL camp. As I look at various mocks, I'm not so sure that Mathews or Robinson will be available, which has me looking at Lewan. I like what I've read about him, especially that he plays with a mean streak. I've noticed he's been moving up draft boards as well.

Bottom line, I'd be fine with either of these 3 OTs at the 9th pick. Obviously, add in an upgrade at LG, and the bills have one heck of an OL, which helps both EJ and the D. Imagine CJ and FJ with a dominant line...can't wait.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's equal talent along the lines available every year in the pick 25-45 region as there is in the top 10. Just say NO to fat guys at the top of the draft. Taking an OL that high is nothing more than a waste of a pick.

How well have the teams like the fins, rams, and browns done after spending high picks on the OL?

We don't need OTs! Where is this coming from? We almost lead the league in rushing! We need a big play WR or LB. Get some depth after round 4. We need playmakers badly.

And we were excellent in pass protection , right? A blind man could see we need an upgrade over Pears.

We don't need OTs! Where is this coming from? We almost lead the league in rushing! We need a big play WR or LB. Get some depth after round 4. We need playmakers badly.

They nearly led the league in rushing because of volume, not because of productivity. Rushing more times than almost all other teams = rushing for more yards than most teams.

Pears is aging, declining and overpriced. The end.

you think we are a RT away from being that good?

No. Just saying you don't reach for need. Every position is important. Reaching to fill needs gets you Aaron Maybin and JP Losman.

Yes we need an upgrade but you don't take a RT at #9. If they were to trade back to the 20's and take a RT, fine, but at #9 would rather see the WR or LB.

Anthony Davis

No thanks on Lewan. This guy is a disaster waiting to happen. Good player, but his "playing with a mean streak" goes too far for me. I see Incognito in him... I'd pass. If he falls to round 2-3 over this stuff, I'd take a shot...but not at #9.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/bigten/2013/12/25/michigan-wolverines-offensive-tackle-taylor-lewan-questioned-alleged-assault/4199589/

No thanks on Lewan. This guy is a disaster waiting to happen. Good player, but his "playing with a mean streak" goes too far for me. I see Incognito in him... I'd pass. If he falls to round 2-3 over this stuff, I'd take a shot...but not at #9.

http://www.usatoday....ssault/4199589/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7if3VeSlgh0

He has more natural talent then Incognito. I would never pass up an OL for being too nasty. He is actually my favorite OL prospect in the draft for his nastiness. What I am concerned about are some inconsistencies in his play. But I think he will be someone that masters his craft as a pro. I would take him at 9 if some players Im targeting are gone, but would love to trade down and draft him.

He has more natural talent then Incognito. I would never pass up an OL for being too nasty. He is actually my favorite OL prospect in the draft for his nastiness. What I am concerned about are some inconsistencies in his play. But I think he will be someone that masters his craft as a pro. I would take him at 9 if some players Im targeting are gone, but would love to trade down and draft him.

agreed, that's the ideal. OTH, if Robinson or Mathews make it to 9, you take them there. I'm not sure why people are labeling Lewan a "RT", he is like the other two, who are projected to start at RT then transition to LT. He played LT at michigan. In today's nfl, with pass rushers being moved around a lot, you need two quality OTs.

I've seen Lewan rated as high as 10. I saw an article on espn that he's moved up Kiper's board, but I don't get insider, so not sure how high he's moved up.