Draft: Mathews, Robinson, or Lewan

TPS

I wanted to resurrect this thread because it's an interesting example of how rankings/ratings change the months leading to the draft. When I started it, Lewan was mostly viewed as a mid r1 pick, and he is now, mostly, viewed as a top 10 talent. I asked the question back in February because it was clear that Mathews and Robinson would not be available at 9. Things have changed, I'm sure much of it is due to lewan's stellar performance at the combine. Kiper now has him at 5, ahead of Mathews. I've read the raiders like him a lot, and also have him as their second rated OT. It's quite possible that Mathews will now be there instead of Lewan, though McShay now has lewan going to the bills at 9. Thank god all of this speculation will be over soon...

Edited by TPS

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest problem with our OL, is our QB.

Regardless of who was back there, they struggled with reads, held the ball too long, and got sacked. They QB also makes a lot of run calls and audibles, many of which I am sure where messed up, and resulted in blown plays.

But we still don't have a big WR or a TE, both of which will help our QB.

Peter Pan gets it, not sure why everyone else doesn't...

We don't need OTs! Where is this coming from? We almost lead the league in rushing! We need a big play WR or LB. Get some depth after round 4. We need playmakers badly.

we were 14th in average rushing yards per attempt.

we gave up the 4th most sacks.

other than cordy glenn and eric wood the line sucked.

we were 14th in average rushing yards per attempt.

we gave up the 4th most sacks.

other than cordy glenn and eric wood the line sucked.

Urbik is constantly being underrated on this board. he had a better year than Wood.

Edited by Big C