Draft: Mathews, Robinson, or Lewan

TPS

Lewan is not in the same league as Matthews or Robinson. His play fell off this year according to scouting sites. He's a 2nd rounder IMO. If Matthews or Robinson are gone, I'm not taking an OL in the 1st round. At least not at #9. (trading down and getting multiple 2nd's might make it worth it).

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd prefer Robinson > Matthews > wouldn't touch lewan until rd 2.

Lewan is not in the same league as Matthews or Robinson. His play fell off this year according to scouting sites. He's a 2nd rounder IMO. If Matthews or Robinson are gone, I'm not taking an OL in the 1st round. At least not at #9. (trading down and getting multiple 2nd's might make it worth it).

Agreed

He has more natural talent then Incognito. I would never pass up an OL for being too nasty. He is actually my favorite OL prospect in the draft for his nastiness. What I am concerned about are some inconsistencies in his play. But I think he will be someone that masters his craft as a pro. I would take him at 9 if some players Im targeting are gone, but would love to trade down and draft him.

Major inconsistencies in his play. Marrone thinks he can fix people, and having been an OL himself might see the tools in Lewan, but no way in the 1st round. No projects. Need a day 1 starter.

lol, well he sucker punched an OSU fan after the Mich game this year and then went all punk on Twitter. That and he is not very good.

http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2013/12/24/1224-michigan-lawsuit.html

id be more interested to know where Kiper's has him now than someone's opinion from this board. Though there are a couple people that I have a lot of respect for in their assessments of draft prospects. If I see their posts here, I'll take those more seriously. Your opinion, on the other hand, is no better than mine.

id be more interested to know where Kiper's has him now than someone's opinion from this board. Though there are a couple people that I have a lot of respect for in their assessments of draft prospects. If I see their posts here, I'll take those more seriously. Your opinion, on the other hand, is no better than mine.

May want to try ESPN.com then... sorry for not being one of the ones you have respect for!

We don't need OTs! Where is this coming from? We almost lead the league in rushing! We need a big play WR or LB. Get some depth after round 4. We need playmakers badly.

I guess you missed the Superbowl last night, all of Denver's Playmakers were out shined by Defense. And if you cant control the other teams defense at the line of scrimage you cant win. The Bills have Freddie, CJ, Woods, Stevie, and Goodwin that's enough to win if you have a great defense.

Are you kidding me? as bad as our QB situation was our OL held up well. When either starting QB knows how to stand in the pocket and read a defense it takes that much more pressure off of the OL. Granted we have a hole at LG, other than that we need a WR to get some respect from defenses. We had so much man played against us this year it looked like a high school game. Good teams dared us to throw the ball knowing our QB situation was awful

And for e poster who said we almost lead the league because of volume, I ask you, "What the hell else should we have done/"

if you take the quaterbacks out of the discussion. Figure Clowney is gone. which available player offers the highest ceiling and the highest floor

Watkins, Robinson or mack these appear to be three chooses. I wouldn't take the North car Tight end. I seen a few two many drops , and Mike Evans would be the wild card

It might be Mack

We don't need OTs! Where is this coming from? We almost lead the league in rushing! We need a big play WR or LB. Get some depth after round 4. We need playmakers badly.

we gave up the 4th most sacks.

we were in the middle for average yards per carry.

the only reason we almost led the league in rushing is because they did lead the league in rushing ATTEMPTS and they were trying not to let EJ look bad.

WR, Then TE, then LB

Oh, lordy, this one again. Please try to grasp the concept that you can have the top receivers and tight ends in the history of the league and unless you have a QB who can reliably use them, your team will look just like the 2013 Bills. By no one's estimation were the Seahawks receivers in the same class as the Broncos. So whose did better in the final analysis?

Oh, lordy, this one again. Please try to grasp the concept that you can have the top receivers and tight ends in the history of the league and unless you have a QB who can reliably use them, your team will look just like the 2013 Bills. By no one's estimation were the Seahawks receivers in the same class as the Broncos. So whose did better in the final analysis?

The Bills currently have TJ Graham in the starting #1 WR position. That's just pathetic. The Bills need to give their 1st round QB pick a fighting chance for success in the passing game.

While I have no problem with them picking Robinson or Mack at #9, I also think that picking Kelvin Benjamin (I think his stock goes way up and he'll be drafted ahead of Evans) in the 1st and a great TE prospect like Troy Niklas in the 2nd would do wonders in providing EJ Manuel a huge springboard for success in 2014. I see no other priority bigger than making sure Manuel has the weapons for success in 2014. They need to know THIS season what they have in Manuel. They have to get off this never ending QB merry-go-round once and for all.

While EJ Manuel may never be an elite QB, he certainly has the capacity of reaching the same level of performance as recent non-elite Superbowl winning QBs like Wilson, Flacco, Eli Manning and Rothlisberger.

Edited by 1billsfan

The Bills currently have TJ Graham in the starting #1 WR position. That's just pathetic. The Bills need to give their 1st round QB pick a fighting chance for success in the passing game.

While I have no problem with them picking Robinson or Mack at #9, I also think that picking Kelvin Benjamin (I think his stock goes way up and he'll be drafted ahead of Evans) in the 1st and a great TE prospect like Troy Niklas in the 2nd would do wonders in providing EJ Manuel a huge springboard for success in 2014. I see no other priority bigger than making sure Manuel has the weapons for success in 2014. They need to know THIS season what they have in Manuel. They have to get off this never ending QB merry-go-round once and for all.

While EJ Manuel may never be an elite QB, he certainly has the capacity of reaching the same level of performance as recent non-elite Superbowl winning QBs like Wilson, Flacco, Eli Manning and Rothlisberger.

I thought SJ was the #1 WR last year and Woods was #2 (when not hurt)... Graham played a lot, and listed as a starter, but I thought Woods played more snaps. Anyway, I would like to see them draft a WR and TE but not in the 1st rd.

I thought SJ was the #1 WR last year and Woods was #2 (when not hurt)... Graham played a lot, and listed as a starter, but I thought Woods played more snaps. Anyway, I would like to see them draft a WR and TE but not in the 1st rd.

Stevie played the slot WR position. TJ Graham took over Stevie's spot at the #1 wide out position. That has to be the weakest starting spot that must be filled.

Seems there are three camps with this draft: big target WR/TE, LB, or OT. I've flopped around the first two for awhile, but recently have been convinced by the OL camp. As I look at various mocks, I'm not so sure that Mathews or Robinson will be available, which has me looking at Lewan. I like what I've read about him, especially that he plays with a mean streak. I've noticed he's been moving up draft boards as well.

Bottom line, I'd be fine with either of these 3 OTs at the 9th pick. Obviously, add in an upgrade at LG, and the bills have one heck of an OL, which helps both EJ and the D. Imagine CJ and FJ with a dominant line...can't wait.

Why the love for CJ? A gust of wind can take him down. A line won't help him. He doesn't have the brains.

Don't you know that an elite pocket passing QB always wins? Oh wait.