Most annoying two weeks leading up to a Super Bowl ever?

I have simply lost interest in football over the years. Between it being short bursts of action surrounded by longer amounts of inactivity, and all of the TV commercials, I just don't find it interesting enough anymore to watch teams I have nothing vested in. In fact I generally record Bills games and watch without the commercials which makes it MUCH better.

I have been a Bills fan for a long time and I still follow them, go to camp etc. But if the Bills ever left the area I doubt I would watch football at all.

Ok, thanks...makes sense. I have the same issues as you do. Fantasy football now keeps my interest. I'm tired of the constant showmanship and celebrating after just a routine tackle....these guys need to let us know they made a tackle but running around and showing off....I was watching Bills films from '60s on youtube...after a tackle the players went back to the huddle...there was no head-butting, slapping...etc. Just getting ready for the next play....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was going to start a new thread, but I think my content will fit well here.

For YEARS now, I think the only people who pay any attention to all the SB pre-game hype & coverage are fans of the 2 teams involved, and gamblers. LOL If you're not in one of the latter groups, the coverage truly is nauseating.

Yeah, of course I'll watch the game, but the overload of pre-game hype is just really unnecessary.

Exactly. Actually looking forward to the game (I have always kind of liked Denver, and loathe the Seahawks since Carroll has been there), and I think it will be a really good game...but I have listened to/watched very little of the build-up hype, and probably won't until about an hour before kick-off. Got the next day off!

I tend to only read the news, so I haven't really been inundated by Superbowl coverage. On ESPN, I don't even check the NFL page, I just check out the main page, then the NBA page. Then I head on over to Google News and read articles there for various world/US news, not much Superbowl coverage at all. Honestly, I kind of forget about the Superbowl from time to time. I don't even think I'll see the game, who knows.

Ah ya, you got the good day. I must admit today was good, especially w/ Mike n Mike. But it's Thursday before the SB, they better step up their game time is running out!! haha.

Yeah, Thursday is the day things get rolling for sure. I'm definitely avoiding mid-town!

M&M are by far my favorite here in the NYC area. Boomer and Carton are just too much for me. Boomer is always too politically correct and Carton spends more time making farting noises than actually talking sports.

M&M have great chemistry together. Just my personal opinion.

Totally agree. M&M are great. I think by design B&C is supposed to be 1/2 sports and 1/2 'wacky morning zoo' nonsense. It's hit or miss.

I just don't pay any attention to it. Or very little at least. Some I just can't help from hearing about like the Best Mode media circus thing and Richard Sherman saying Peyton Manning throws ducks. I won't watch any of the pre game hype on Sunday. I'll record the game and start watching it about an hour after it starts and fast forward through all the hype and commercials.

Go Broncos !!

Was going to start a new thread, but I think my content will fit well here.

For YEARS now, I think the only people who pay any attention to all the SB pre-game hype & coverage are fans of the 2 teams involved, and gamblers. LOL If you're not in one of the latter groups, the coverage truly is nauseating.

Yeah, of course I'll watch the game, but the overload of pre-game hype is just really unnecessary.

Even the commercials suck now also.

The Good:

1 - Matchup could make for an all time great Super Bowl.

2 - Both Number 1 seeds, first since Buffalo and Giants.

3 - Top D and Top O.

4 - Manning playing for his legacy (I get he will still be a first ballot hall of famer, but trust me when I say he MUST win to even be considered for where his regular season accolades suggest he should be). I can not see any way he can be in the conversation as best ever if he loses given his very underwhelming playoff record. Hell, if he doesn't win then I can not even see how anyone can argue he is even the best of his generation let alone ever. Yet he has regular season stats suggesting he's the best ever. He IS playing for his legacy to a certain degree.

The Bad:

1 - The obnoxious coverage of how little Lynch will speak to media, I mean who cares.

2 - The ridiculous coverage of Shermans rant. Most annoying thing is that Sherman was vindicated for his actions when the NFL released the audio of what Sherman said to Crabtree before he got shoved in the face by him, matching exactly what he claimed he said. Yet they keep talking about it as if its really news at this point.

3 - The annoying exaggeration of the weather situation.

4 - Every news caster trying to find some way to drop the word "Omaha". I am now very sick of the word "Omaha" and I love to play Omaha Poker lol.

He doesn't always lose in bad weather. He has played in Denver the last 2 seasons and he has won multiple games this season in really cold weather. Overblown statements.

I apologize. He doesn't always lose.

Career record:

Over 40 degrees: 85-35

Under 40 degrees 8-11

This year 1-2 in games under 40 degrees.

I'm sorry you don't like statistics. Please let me know what those multiple games he won in cold weather this year were.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

I apologize. He doesn't always lose.

Career record:

Over 40 degrees: 85-35

Under 40 degrees 8-11

This year 1-2 in games under 40 degrees.

I'm sorry you don't like statistics. Please let me know what those multiple games he won in cold weather this year were.

Lmao. Statistics he says. Tell me, when you read this on espn or wherever you read it did you stop for a second and think for yourself? "Ok, what exactly am i reading here?"

Who decided that 40 degrees should be used as the "cold" mark? Why not less than 30? Why not less than 42? 43? 44? Heck, im personally pretty cold at 45 or below. What would his reocord be then in games played at 45 or below compared to 45 and above? Tease me.

Then, after choosing an completely subjective number of 40, we come up with a sample size of 120 on one end and 19 on the other and somehow conclude that the 19 is indicative of something.

Perhaps in those 19 games Peyton wore boxers as opposed to briefs. That could just as easily help explain his losses as could the arbitrary comparison of him winning a game when its 41 out with a windchill of 30, to him losing a game when its 38 out with no windchill.

Or maybe those 19 losses could better be explained by the fact that playoffs are naturally played in colder weather. And along with the colder weather comes better competition.

Or maybe those 19 games are regular season games. Who the heck even knows by your lack of explanation.

"Statistics". Lol

I don't watch any of the overblown hype leading up to the SB...none!

I will watch the game however.

Just think how much we would all revel in it tho if the Bills were in the game!

Great memories...I went to the 1st 3 SBs....Lots of fun.

Lmao. Statistics he says. Tell me, when you read this on espn or wherever you read it did you stop for a second and think for yourself? "Ok, what exactly am i reading here?"

Who decided that 40 degrees should be used as the "cold" mark? Why not less than 30? Why not less than 42? 43? 44? Heck, im personally pretty cold at 45 or below. What would his reocord be then in games played at 45 or below compared to 45 and above? Tease me.

Then, after choosing an completely subjective number of 40, we come up with a sample size of 120 on one end and 19 on the other and somehow conclude that the 19 is indicative of something.

Perhaps in those 19 games Peyton wore boxers as opposed to briefs. That could just as easily help explain his losses as could the arbitrary comparison of him winning a game when its 41 out with a windchill of 30, to him losing a game when its 38 out with no windchill.

Or maybe those 19 losses could better be explained by the fact that playoffs are naturally played in colder weather. And along with the colder weather comes better competition.

Or maybe those 19 games are regular season games. Who the heck even knows by your lack of explanation.

"Statistics". Lol

Ok Bobo, I'll help you out since you had trouble the first time.

Use of 40 degrees? Subjective? Well since forecasts are calling for just under 40 degrees, that seemed like a relevant number. Keep choosing your own arbitrary numbers if you want.

The 120 game sample? Thought this was self explanatory but here ya go. He has played 120 games outdoors in weather over 40 degrees. Dome games were omitted because, weather isn't a factor in domes in case you didn't know.

The 19 game sample? Thought this was self explanatory again, but I guess not. He has played 19 total games outdoors in weather under 40 degrees. Dome games were omitted because, once again Bobo, weather has no bearing on dome games.

How do we know they weren't all playoff games, hence colder temps? Well, if i remember correctly, he played a majority of his playoff games at home. You sure do like excuses don't ya Bobo?

Peyton wearing boxers over briefs? Ummmmm, seems kind of personal. I'll leave speculation about Peyton's undergarments to you.

So in summation, I gave valid statistics, you then proceed to scoff at them while also complaining that you get cold at 45 degrees. Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for you to give those "multiple games" he won in cold weather this year.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

"Statistics". Lol

Come on man, you made a pretty stupid blanket statement about Manning & Kiko called you out on it & had solid stats to back it up. No need to keep fighting about it, just admit you were wrong & let's move on. Anybody that has followed Manning's career knows he struggles in bad weather(it does not look particularly bad on Sunday). He played in a dome most of his NFL career. Not only that but he played in a division for most of his career where he plays Houston on the road(dome, mild climate) & jacksonville on the road(nice climate. So that is 10 games right where he never had to deal with any weather. He played his college career at Tenn where I am quite sure since the SEC for the most part refuses to play any away games noth of the Mason Dixon line never played a game under 40 degrees & he played his high schiool ball in Miss where my guess is he never played a gam under 40 degrees. So yes it is a relevant point to state Manning struggles in cold weather. When you think about it, Kelly never gets mentioned when talking about the all time great Qbs(rightfully so) but it is amazing what he was able to do up here for all these years.

Great memories...I went to the 1st 3 SBs....Lots of fun.

As did I, and also the 4th.

My favorite part of going to the super bowls was taking my vacation time then, and spending the week in each city. They also had a huge card show the week before each game where they gave away memorabilia along with players signing autographs for free. Going to those with my children hold the best memories for me.