Most annoying two weeks leading up to a Super Bowl ever?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Horrible comparison. Does wind affect a pucks flight? No. And Peyton always loses in bad weather. Add to that that he's now old and has had surgeries so he throws only perfectly timed ducks to get completions. Which in bad weather are intercepted ducks. Which is why they bring it up every day.

He doesn't always lose in bad weather. He has played in Denver the last 2 seasons and he has won multiple games this season in really cold weather. Overblown statements.

Edited by bobobonators

I think the weather story is pretty much over now that we have a forecast and there is little chance of bad weather.

Otherwise, it's been one of the better ones I can remember. I've been driving to work in NYC lately and this morning was switching between Mike & Mike and Boomer & Carton. Between them I heard interviews with Jim Kelly, Joe Montana, Jerry Seinfeld and others. Pretty good stuff.

I agree, this is one of the more interesting matchups. I also agree with the OP that the off field story lines have been beaten to death & are really not that interesting i think that is where the frustration comes from. I mean who cares if Lynch does not want to talk to the media or Sherman does not think Manning throws a nice deep ball, or if the wind at game time is going to be 12 mph or 16 mph, or what the average temperature is in NYC @ 6 oclock at night in Feb. I was talking to my friend who lives in Hoboken & asked him if he was going to the game. He has a ton of ticket connections thru his work. He said having it in NYC was a big mistake. He said up until a few days ago you wouldn't even know that it was super bowl week. He said everything is so spread out & it is just not very festive. He said they did start cranking up the atmosphere @ Timesquare the last few day. Big mistake having it here. The greatest thing about having the Super Bowl in New Orleans is everything is condensed into a few miles & it creates a great atmosphere. I just think it was really arrogant to put this game in NYC by the NFL. NYC is not setup to host the super bowl.

Same thing during SB when Bills played at Rose Bowl.....

Latest weather report is daytime high of 45 and partly cloudy. It will be colder at gametime but the only thing IMO that could impact the game from a weather persective is wind. It is a non-story during the regular season but they have nothing else to talk about. It is NY in winter.... duh.

I agree, this is one of the more interesting matchups. I also agree with the OP that the off field story lines have been beaten to death & are really not that interesting i think that is where the frustration comes from. I mean who cares if Lynch does not want to talk to the media or Sherman does not think Manning throws a nice deep ball, or if the wind at game time is going to be 12 mph or 16 mph, or what the average temperature is in NYC @ 6 oclock at night in Feb. I was talking to my friend who lives in Hoboken & asked him if he was going to the game. He has a ton of ticket connections thru his work. He said having it in NYC was a big mistake. He said up until a few days ago you wouldn't even know that it was super bowl week. He said everything is so spread out & it is just not very festive. He said they did start cranking up the atmosphere @ Timesquare the last few day. Big mistake having it here. The greatest thing about having the Super Bowl in New Orleans is everything is condensed into a few miles & it creates a great atmosphere. I just think it was really arrogant to put this game in NYC by the NFL. NYC is not setup to host the super bowl.

Same in Indy.... awesome SB location

I think the weather story is pretty much over now that we have a forecast and there is little chance of bad weather.

Otherwise, it's been one of the better ones I can remember. I've been driving to work in NYC lately and this morning was switching between Mike & Mike and Boomer & Carton. Between them I heard interviews with Jim Kelly, Joe Montana, Jerry Seinfeld and others. Pretty good stuff.

Ah ya, you got the good day. I must admit today was good, especially w/ Mike n Mike. But it's Thursday before the SB, they better step up their game time is running out!! haha.

Latest weather report is daytime high of 45 and partly cloudy. It will be colder at gametime but the only thing IMO that could impact the game from a weather persective is wind. It is a non-story during the regular season but they have nothing else to talk about. It is NY in winter.... duh.

Same in Indy.... awesome SB location

Yes, I heard that about the Rose Bowl where people did not like where everything is spread out & I also heard that a city like Indy where everything is condensed & in walking distance is a terrific place to have the super bowl.

Kaepernick's interview this morning on M&M was good too

M&M are by far my favorite here in the NYC area. Boomer and Carton are just too much for me. Boomer is always too politically correct and Carton spends more time making farting noises than actually talking sports.

M&M have great chemistry together. Just my personal opinion.

Was going to start a new thread, but I think my content will fit well here.

For YEARS now, I think the only people who pay any attention to all the SB pre-game hype & coverage are fans of the 2 teams involved, and gamblers. LOL If you're not in one of the latter groups, the coverage truly is nauseating.

Yeah, of course I'll watch the game, but the overload of pre-game hype is just really unnecessary.

Was going to start a new thread, but I think my content will fit well here.

For YEARS now, I think the only people who pay any attention to all the SB pre-game hype & coverage are fans of the 2 teams involved, and gamblers. LOL If you're not in one of the latter groups, the coverage truly is nauseating.

Yeah, of course I'll watch the game, but the overload of pre-game hype is just really unnecessary.

Can't agree more. I've found that I don't even watch pre-game on Sundays anymore...can't handle it ...I spend time with the family before I get glued to the TV for 9 hours.

I could not care less about the game. I am not a football fan at all, I am only a Bills fan. So I have no idea what sports talk has been about the last 1.5 weeks.

I'll be at a party where the game will be on, and I will have a look to see ... wait for it ... what the weather is doing to the fans (the "real ones" sitting outside that is, not the pussies indoors).

I could not care less about the game. I am not a football fan at all, I am only a Bills fan. So I have no idea what sports talk has been about the last 1.5 weeks.

I'll be at a party where the game will be on, and I will have a look to see ... wait for it ... what the weather is doing to the fans (the "real ones" sitting outside that is, not the pussies indoors).

I'm not being a smartass and this is a legit question......How can you be a Bills fan but not a football fan? How does that work?

The media and fans make a big deal out of Sherman talking so much and detracting from his teammates. So then Marshawn Lynch refuses to talk much and the media gets all torqued up over that too, Ha. Just stop and let people be people. Unless someone is getting physically or mentally beaten down, who cares?!?

Edited by zow2

The media and fans make a big deal out of Sherman talking so much and detracting from his teammates. So them Marshawn Lynch refuses to talk much and the media get all torqued up over that too, Ha. Just stop and let people be people. Unless someone is getting physically or mentally beaten down, who cares?!?

I agree. Michael Kay was ripping into Lynch last night, essentially saying how much of a jerk he is. Lynch got fined already. If he refused to speak, let the guy be. No need to keep calling him out on it.

I agree. Michael Kay was ripping into Lynch last night, essentially saying how much of a jerk he is. Lynch got fined already. If he refused to speak, let the guy be. No need to keep calling him out on it.

Funny Michael Kay calling someone a jerk.......

I'm not being a smartass and this is a legit question......How can you be a Bills fan but not a football fan? How does that work?

I have simply lost interest in football over the years. Between it being short bursts of action surrounded by longer amounts of inactivity, and all of the TV commercials, I just don't find it interesting enough anymore to watch teams I have nothing vested in. In fact I generally record Bills games and watch without the commercials which makes it MUCH better.

I have been a Bills fan for a long time and I still follow them, go to camp etc. But if the Bills ever left the area I doubt I would watch football at all.