Most annoying two weeks leading up to a Super Bowl ever?

Not sure how some of you feel, but these two weeks have been horrible from a 3rd party's perspective. First thing I hear on the radio in the morning is the weather forecast for the SB and how it may affect Peyton or the game in general. First thing I hear on radio when I get home is how the weather forecast has changed for the SB and how it may not affect the SB. It's been the same story, every day for the last 1.5 weeks.

Unfortunately, I see no end in site. I'm sure tomorrow morning ESPN will have another update on the weather forecast for the SB. They even have an update running on the bottom of the screen at times for the SB's weather forecast.

The large majority of the SB analysis on the radio here in NYC deals with how the weather may/may not affect the game.

Is this lazy reporting? Is this a product of 2 weeks being too much of a gap in-between games?

It honestly boggles my mind:

1. Denver is not located in Cuba; it is located here:

10best_denver_co.jpg

2. Seattle is not located in Djibouti, it is located here:

seattle-winter.jpg

3. Seattle does not play in a dome.

4. Denver does not play in a dome.

5. For people who insist on weather not playing a role in the most important game of the season: Weren't all other games leading up to this point played in the elements (except where a home team has a dome obviously)? What's the difference?

I almost had an aneurysm when I got home tonight and had to listen to Michael Kay talking about the weather again for the SB.

Is this because i'm in the NYC market, or are you guys in other parts of the country experiencing the same garbage reporting/analysis?

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Edited by bobobonators

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will agree with you on that point..And I will also say that as far as Super Bowls go this one has the same excitement level as the last time the Seahawks were in the Super Bowl...NONE..Im sick of hearing about M. Lynch not wanting to talk to the media and getting fined for it..As a matter of fact I cant even see me staying up for the whole game...Im not old by any stretch, I'm 45..But the thought of being tired at all or hungover on a monday for this garbage of a Super Bowl and all the BS leading up to it is making me want to puke..LOL...I use to LOVE SUPER BOWL sunday, now the media and the propoganda they speww has turned me sideways on it...

You forgot another ridiculous analysis of Richard Sherman's childish rant, and poor sportsmanship, or Marshawn Lynch coverage of not talking.

Wait it's been 5 minutes. I think I just saw another weather report for Sunday.

I can't stand these two weeks every year as they play out every story to death and just drives you nuts. I'm with you bobo.

Set bar you beat me to the punch by one minute. :-)

Correction STENBAR. I hate auto correct.

You forgot another ridiculous analysis of Richard Sherman's childish rant, and poor sportsmanship, or Marshawn Lynch coverage of not talking.

I can't stand these two weeks every year as they play out every story to death and just drives you nuts. I'm with you bobo.

My wifes auto correct would have been Dick Head LOL....I dont mind Set Bar

I will agree with you on that point..And I will also say that as far as Super Bowls go this one has the same excitement level as the last time the Seahawks were in the Super Bowl...NONE..Im sick of hearing about M. Lynch not wanting to talk to the media and getting fined for it..As a matter of fact I cant even see me staying up for the whole game...Im not old by any stretch, I'm 45..But the thought of being tired at all or hungover on a monday for this garbage of a Super Bowl and all the BS leading up to it is making me want to puke..LOL...I use to LOVE SUPER BOWL sunday, now the media and the propoganda they speww has turned me sideways on it...

Wow. Just wow. This SB is one of the more interesting match-ups in years. It's easily the two best teams in the league and they have very different football teams. If you're not interested in this game I'd say you're not interested in football.

Granted, I always hate the SB coverage leading up to the game but it doesn't detract from the game itself - it's just noise.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It's truly nuts. The weather report is forecasting the game to be in the 30's with no precipitation...LMAO. But that doesn't prevent skip and steven a. smith complaining about the weather for the game; michael kay show talking about the weather; espn giving weather updates, etc.

We all get it guys. It might have been a story 4 weeks ago when we didn't know if there might be a blizzard, but it's over. Move on and analyze the defensive/offensive matchups.

Wow. Just wow. This SB is one of the more interesting match-ups in years. It's easily the two best teams in the league and they have very different football teams. If you're not interested in this game I'd say you're not interested in football.

Granted, I always hate the SB coverage leading up to the game but it doesn't detract from the game itself - it's just noise.

Yeah, I'm actually excited about the game itself. I feel the matchup between the hawks D and the Broncos O is PHENOMENAL. I just want it to get here already so I can stop hearing about the weather..lol :thumbsup:

Actually, the first thing in the post-game report will probably be: Well guys, it looks like the weather had no effect on Peyton as he threw for 3tds and 300yds. lmao. I can almost hear it now. :thumbsup:

Its the whole process of the "Super Bowl" and add the fact I have no interest at all in hearing Peyton scream Omaha 43 times or see Richard Sherman open his mouth and detract from how good a football player he is, or the way too many commercial breaks that are forced into the broadcast. I mean come on the team scores a td and we get a commercial break for the review then the xp and another commercial or 3 then the kickoff and lets throw another 3 commercials and heaven forbid a player gets a cramp or injury and lays on the field there goes another 3 commercials...I love the game of football, i hate the production of the game and how the media can blow everything all up in a life or death manner....Just my take....

MDH - no one is talking about not being excited for the game. I can't wait to see the matchup between the best yardage and scoring offense, against the best scoring and yardage defense. As Parcells stated in the NY Daily News, this is reminiscent of the Bills / Giants SB. I'm stoked as hell for the game. Stenbar, Bobo, and myself were simply commenting on how annoying, boring, and silly some of the coverage and over hype on certain areas have been for 10 days, 24 hours a day.

MDH - no one is talking about not being excited for the game. I can't wait to see the matchup between the best yardage and scoring offense, against the best scoring and yardage defense. As Parcells stated in the NY Daily News, this is reminiscent of the Bills / Giants SB. I'm stoked as hell for the game. Stenbar, Bobo, and myself were simply commenting on how annoying, boring, and silly some of the coverage and over hype on certain areas have been for 10 days, 24 hours a day.

The easy answer, if it bothers you so - turn the channel

In contrast, As we speak the rangers are playing the islanders at yankee stadium with players skating on ice in 9 degree weather. Everyone appears to be having a great time. Great atmosphere.

For football its all doom and gloom bc weather is going to be 30 degrees on sunday. Sad.

MDH - no one is talking about not being excited for the game.

You did see that I quoted a specific post and in that specific post references were made about not staying up for the entire game and it being a "garbage of a Super Bowl."

I don't know about you but I think that constitutes as "not excited for the game."

The easy answer, if it bothers you so - turn the channel

The DVR is a football fans' best friend. Start the game 45 min to an hour late and skip the commercials. By the end of the game you'll have caught up to the live action so you can see the finish live.

I am looking forward to the Super Bowl.

The hype has always been there but there are now 1500 stations to blab about it 24x7.

I have done my best to NOT watch any sports this week. :w00t:

In contrast, As we speak the rangers are playing the islanders at yankee stadium with players skating on ice in 9 degree weather. Everyone appears to be having a great time. Great atmosphere.

For football its all doom and gloom bc weather is going to be 30 degrees on sunday. Sad.

Horrible comparison. Does wind affect a pucks flight? No. And Peyton always loses in bad weather. Add to that that he's now old and has had surgeries so he throws only perfectly timed ducks to get completions. Which in bad weather are intercepted ducks. Which is why they bring it up every day.

Imagine how people in Miami, Seattle, San Diego, Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York City, and pretty much everywhere else on the planet felt in 1994...Buffalo Dallas The Sequel

As for the weather issue...I think the only issue that the media has brought up is Peyton and the fans travelling to the game. These are in fact real issues. Peyton has played the a small number of games in sub 32 degree weather but has a losing record in those games. The vast majority of his career has been in a dome. The AFC championship game was 60-65 degrees in Denver. As for the travel, the ticket prices dropped by 50% in some sections on the uncertainty of being able to get to the game. That is a real weather issue. As you pointed out for the rest of the players the weather is likely to be a non-issue.

As long as we get more Schwarzenegger playing ping-pong, those hideous Old Spice commercials, and Tony Siragusa male Depends ads, I am cool...it is all about the ads after-all!

Haha! Grouping those 3 is turning my stomach! Well done!

I think what's behind all the weather flap is its likely impact on Manning. His Broncos are here based on his other-worldly season at QB, while Seattle is here based on a Defense that's compared to the '85 Bears & '00 Ravens. I don't have to tell anyone from Buffalo what winter weather is like in NY. If the weather is as foul as its been lately, the Broncos meal ticket will be wiped out.

Not sure how some of you feel, but these two weeks have been horrible from a 3rd party's perspective. First thing I hear on the radio in the morning is the weather forecast for the SB and how it may affect Peyton or the game in general. First thing I hear on radio when I get home is how the weather forecast has changed for the SB and how it may not affect the SB. It's been the same story, every day for the last 1.5 weeks.

Unfortunately, I see no end in site. I'm sure tomorrow morning ESPN will have another update on the weather forecast for the SB. They even have an update running on the bottom of the screen at times for the SB's weather forecast.

The large majority of the SB analysis on the radio here in NYC deals with how the weather may/may not affect the game.

Is this lazy reporting? Is this a product of 2 weeks being too much of a gap in-between games?

It honestly boggles my mind:

1. Denver is not located in Cuba; it is located here:

10best_denver_co.jpg

2. Seattle is not located in Djibouti, it is located here:

seattle-winter.jpg

3. Seattle does not play in a dome.

4. Denver does not play in a dome.

5. For people who insist on weather not playing a role in the most important game of the season: Weren't all other games leading up to this point played in the elements (except where a home team has a dome obviously)? What's the difference?

I almost had an aneurysm when I got home tonight and had to listen to Michael Kay talking about the weather again for the SB.

Is this because i'm in the NYC market, or are you guys in other parts of the country experiencing the same garbage reporting/analysis?

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Do what I do....ignore everything until kickoff. It's really easy/

I agree, this is one of the more interesting matchups. I also agree with the OP that the off field story lines have been beaten to death & are really not that interesting i think that is where the frustration comes from. I mean who cares if Lynch does not want to talk to the media or Sherman does not think Manning throws a nice deep ball, or if the wind at game time is going to be 12 mph or 16 mph, or what the average temperature is in NYC @ 6 oclock at night in Feb. I was talking to my friend who lives in Hoboken & asked him if he was going to the game. He has a ton of ticket connections thru his work. He said having it in NYC was a big mistake. He said up until a few days ago you wouldn't even know that it was super bowl week. He said everything is so spread out & it is just not very festive. He said they did start cranking up the atmosphere @ Timesquare the last few day. Big mistake having it here. The greatest thing about having the Super Bowl in New Orleans is everything is condensed into a few miles & it creates a great atmosphere. I just think it was really arrogant to put this game in NYC by the NFL. NYC is not setup to host the super bowl.

I agree....ignore it. I am very stoked for this game, just as I have been stoked for playoff type games since about week 14. I think there are great match up and storylines that have to do with the game itself.

As for the weather...maybe all the corporate losers will sell their tickets to real fans who understand it's a football game, not beach volleyball.

I agree, this is one of the more interesting matchups. I also agree with the OP that the off field story lines have been beaten to death & are really not that interesting i think that is where the frustration comes from. I mean who cares if Lynch does not want to talk to the media or Sherman does not think Manning throws a nice deep ball, or if the wind at game time is going to be 12 mph or 16 mph, or what the average temperature is in NYC @ 6 oclock at night in Feb. I was talking to my friend who lives in Hoboken & asked him if he was going to the game. He has a ton of ticket connections thru his work. He said having it in NYC was a big mistake. He said up until a few days ago you wouldn't even know that it was super bowl week. He said everything is so spread out & it is just not very festive. He said they did start cranking up the atmosphere @ Timesquare the last few day. Big mistake having it here. The greatest thing about having the Super Bowl in New Orleans is everything is condensed into a few miles & it creates a great atmosphere. I just think it was really arrogant to put this game in NYC by the NFL. NYC is not setup to host the super bowl.

I'm Canadian...and we just hosted the Grey Cup in my home town (pop 200K, provincial pop 1.1 million). The party was absolutely phenomenal. When it is hosted in Toronto (shocker), it loses its festive spirit. I think this is a bigger storyline and knock on a NY SB than the weather.