Who do you want to be the next DC?

Who do you want for the next Bills DC?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want for the next Bills DC?

• Jim O'Neil (Bills OLB coach)
    • Donnie Henderson (Bills DB coach)
    • Asst from another NFL team (name him, please)
    • College DC or HC (name him, please)
    • Wade Phillips
    • Mike Singletary
    • Steve Spagnuolo
    • Jim Schwartz
    • Kirby Smart
    • Pepper Johnson

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spags was a good coach and had a terrible run of injuries while a head coach in ST. Louis.

If I recall he was aggressive and did beat Brady. The Bills could do worse.

spags was hired by the Saints as their new DC in 2012, and let go the next year.

Since HC Sean Payton was suspended for the year, good ole spags was left to his own devices. As a result the Saints then allowed the most yards of any defense in the entire history of the NFL. This was the first time in four years the NO Saints missed the playoffs

ummm, no thanks :thumbdown:

Spags was a good coach and had a terrible run of injuries while a head coach in ST. Louis.

If I recall he was aggressive and did beat Brady. The Bills could do worse.

He and wannstedt also run the same scheme and had two of the worst defenses in the history of the nfl in 2012. Spags gave up more yards than wanny.

Edited by NoSaint

Changing schemes again= another year of excuses

In 2010 the Houston Texans' had the 31st ranked Defense in the NFL. In 2011, Wade "Son of Bum" Phillips took over as DCand they improved the to #2. And that included changing from a 4-3 to a 3-4 with Mario playing LineBacker.

I saw an article about Bum's D and it's not your grandfather's 3-4. Lineman play gaps not over the center and tackles. He also switched to 4-3 on 3rd down.

No excuses necessary.

What's the scoop on Keith Butler? 9 years with the Steelers learning from Lebeau, yet he's not a hot name when HC search begins. Ray Horton would have been perfect for the job, damn you Cleveland.

Damn Cleveland? He just went to Tennessee.

What's the scoop on Keith Butler? 9 years with the Steelers learning from Lebeau, yet he's not a hot name when HC search begins. Ray Horton would have been perfect for the job, damn you Cleveland.

Yeah, it's sh---y that Cleveland had to take so damn long that the Bills' DC position is simply fallout. Horton would have been a nice addition and it sure would have been nice to be able to at least talk to the guy.

I know people here are getting misty about the attitude and preparation that Pettine brought to the defense, but to leave now is a pretty mercenary move for a team that hasn't finished what it started. I don't really wish him any luck at all, because of where this leaves the Bills. And that goes double for the owner.

In 2010 the Houston Texans' had the 31st ranked Defense in the NFL. In 2011, Wade "Son of Bum" Phillips took over as DCand they improved the to #2. And that included changing from a 4-3 to a 3-4 with Mario playing LineBacker.

I saw an article about Bum's D and it's not your grandfather's 3-4. Lineman play gaps not over the center and tackles. He also switched to 4-3 on 3rd down.

No excuses necessary.

Gotta agree. Wade is an innovator and he would love our personnel. He and his dad invented the 34 under and our DTs won't have ANY problem.

GO BILLS!!!

If Cleveland got this done a week ago we could have interviewed Horton.

I'd have liked Horton as well. He's been screwed over IMO.

GO BILLS!!!