Pettine has officially signed on as coach of the Browns

cale

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Browns Attempting to Hire Pettine as HC

Article on NFL.com sez Pettine wants it badly and discussions Thursday centered on who will be DC and who will call plays for the Offense.

Hmmm.

What the heck did they talk about on Tuesday and Wednesday!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Browns look pretty bad in this ordeal!

Edited by Never NEVER Give-up

I know everyone here disagrees, but I think the Browns are (were) the most desirable open job this year, despite the front office turmoil. They have very good defensive personnel, a ton of draft picks this year, including two number ones, a pro bowl tight end, and the best young WR in football. All they need is a QB and they are well-positioned to pick one up in this year's draft. I think they are a much better bet to make the playoffs next year than the Bills.

They have a lot of talent. And Pettine will get a better OC than we have. I would expect them to make the playoffs next year. They were closer than the Bills.

They have a lot of talent. And Pettine will get a better OC than we have. I would expect them to make the playoffs next year. They were closer than the Bills.

How so? They won 4 games and were on the verge of losing to Buffalo at home on a short week until EJ got hurt and Tuel couldn't manage a first down.

Yeah I mean only in Buffalo does a 6-10 record get your coordinator poached by another team...anywhere else a winning record is a prerequisite...I swear we are cursed by a higher power

Edited by matter2003

They do have some talent on their roster (more than the Bills, I don't know), and Pettine, if nothing else, showed in one season in Buffalo, he can get the most out of underachieving players. However, not so sure about the OC, or any of their assistants, to be honest with you. With the way their coaching search went, and their reputation for being impulsive, they may have the same problem the Bills have had for years, in attracting established assistant and position coaches...any OC they hire, from the sounds of it, will have their fortunes tied to Johnny Manziel. That may or may not be a bad thing, but the it sure sounds like ownership there is as meddlesome as it could possibly be...not sure how many established guys would want to sign up for that...but, again, I suppose there are only so many jobs to go around.

My hope is, Pettine does not nab Pepper Johsnon as his DC. I am guessing Petttine has been coaching long enough that he has guys in mind that aren't necessarily big name guys.

Oh well, was hoping this wouldn't happen, but life goes on...

Edited by Buftex