DC candidates

It's going to be Henderson or someone internal. Doubtful that we go outside the organization.

It's going to be Henderson or someone internal. Doubtful that we go outside the organization.

Agree'd the Bills don't have what it takes to make the huge popular decision seems as though a lot of the promotions come from with in which is why a lot of our history has turned out like it has ...

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate this ****... tell me one other business model that allows quality personnel to jump ship to a competing "business" mid contract, then also allow that same personnel to take even more talent from within your own organization...?? I know its a great thing for these guys to get promoted, but this affects so many things on both sides. Craziness!

The difference is what Pettine said during is PC - there are only 32 of these jobs around, so you gotta take it when you're offered it. Besides, it's not like Pettine asked the Bills if it was ok for him to interview with Cleveland. If I'm looking for another job, I don't say a peep to anyone I work with. This is the widely popular NFL, so rumors and such go around so that it becomes public.

The list of candidates matters not as much as the quality of the scheme. Obviously having a veteran coordinator like Wade Phillips would be good, but I'd be happy if we go with a relative unknown as long as they are innovative & aggressive.

This, but remember that a good coordinator builds his scheme based on the personnel. This is why Wade has been successful wherever he's been as a DC. Bill Parcells did this, Bill Belichick did this, etc. Remember when Gregg Williams tried to force an offense on Rob Johnson or when Jauron came here and ran a Cover 2? It doesn't necessarily work unless you have the right personnel.

Why are they waiting so long to name someone? I thought there is a plan in place?

There is a plan...that plan doesn't necessarily have to mean that they name a guy within 24 hours. I would bet that they have a hierarchy of 2 or 3 guys they plan to approach about the position, and will name a DC when they're happy with the results of the approach.

There is a plan...that plan doesn't necessarily have to mean that they name a guy within 24 hours. I would bet that they have a hierarchy of 2 or 3 guys they plan to approach about the position, and will name a DC when they're happy with the results of the approach.

right, the plan likely included "if pettine is no longer a member of our staff we will request to interview X, Y, and Z and decide from there"

that we havent named a replacement in 12 hours is far from an issue.

The Plan was this:

Plan

1) Pray Pettine doesn't leave

2) Scramble around for a few weeks

3) Once scrambling is complete, promote some dude internally

4) More prayers

I realize that this is in jest...I'll just say that I expect them to act swiftly.

I laughed.

Then cried at the accuracy.

This regime has shown absolutely no hesitancy to go after guys they like--players or coaches.

I realize that this is in jest...I'll just say that I expect them to act swiftly.

This regime has shown absolutely no hesitancy to go after guys they like--players or coaches.

The problem is that they tend to choose the wrong guys :)