Richard Sherman post game -- 'nuff said!

cage

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why wouldn't they? Everyone is paying attention to what happened on Fox. Attention feeds Ratings and Impressions = $$$. The better question is why Erin Andrews gave such a look of surprise. She is a friggin' sideline reporter on the game for four hours plus per week. She knows what these guys are like and what's coursing through their veins during the game.

Correct!

Why would she act surprised? Five seconds before FOX cut to her feed, she was standing there as Sherman pretty much went through the exact same "tirade". He even grabbed her and hugged her. They absolutely knew what they were doing putting him in the air, they knew what he would do and say, because he had just said it...

Edited by TheMadCap

I don't think Sherman was trying to be a good sport. I think the "good game" comment was meant as a backhanded insult. But that doesn't mean that I think it was a problem. Crabtree talked a lot of crap to Sherman. He asked for it and he got beat. Sherman will have to play against him twice a season for years to come so getting into his head is a smart thing to do. It's gamesman and probably personal. Good players and teams will beat you on a given play or day. Great ones will also take that opportunity on that day to beat you the next time you meet.

I don't even have an issue with what he said on TV. He was pumped up with emotion (and why wouldn't he be?), but his words weren't over the line. He called out Crabtree and some might take issue with that, but Crabtree has been just as vocal toward Sherman.

Richard Sherman had the highest AV (pro-football-reference.com's overall value measure, akin to baseball's WAR) in the NFL this season (tied with Payton Manning and Louis Vasquez).

http://www.pro-footb...ear_by_year.htm

http://www.pro-footb.../S/SherRi00.htm

Interestingly, Bills have led the league three times in this category: Bruce Smith in 1996, Thurman Thomas in 1990, and OJ in 1975.

I think Sherman has a pretty strong case to be called the best CB in football the past two seasons.

Edited by dave mcbride

Sherman knew he was wired for sound......he went way out of his way to show crabtree up with that false nice game crap.

did the press go easy on Richie Incognito, Riley Cooper and Ben Rothlisberger ?

the press blows out of proportion all these bad boy stories without regard to race.

Sherman knew he was wired for sound......he went way out of his way to show crabtree up with that false nice game crap.

did the press go easy on Richie Incognito, Riley Cooper and Ben Rothlisberger ?

the press blows out of proportion all these bad boy stories without regard to race.

That was definitely false nice game crap. How quick did he look at the ref for a penalty. 99% of players would have done what Crabtree did - get out of my face.................If he wants to congratulate him on a good game, wait until the game is really over and the teams are on the field...........Don't race over to him right after the play............Does anybody remember a good sportsmanship thing like that? I don't.

And, again, I'll bring out the name Brian Bosworth. The blowhard braggart of his day. Everybody hated him - I think way more than Sherman.

Richard Sherman fined $7,875 for taunting and unsportsmanlike conduct:

After the play, Sherman left his celebrating teammates, approached Crabtree and drew a flag for taunting.

Sherman, as captured by NFL Films, stuck out his hand and said 'helluva game, helluva game' to Crabtree, who responded by shoving Sherman in the facemask. Crabtree was not fined.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/24/richard-sherman-fined-7875-for-taunting-and-unsportsmanlike-conduct/

Edited by papazoid

Yawn. Best corner in football talking smack. Yawn.

Bosworth was a nobody talking smack, thats the difference.

You don't get it. He was not a nobody at OU. He was All American two years in a row and the Butkas Award winner two years in a row. He's the only one to ever win in twice............If he had stayed his senior year, he would have won it three years.

He was the biggest star in college football - yeah, definitely a nobody.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10376275/super-bowl-peyton-manning-denver-broncos-says-throws-touchdown-ducks I listened to Sherm in this video and he said "when he catches the ball with the laces"...does anyone know what that means?? Had a tough time understanding what he meant by Manning "catching" the ball. Maybe it's NFL lingo.

http://espn.go.com/n...touchdown-ducks I listened to Sherm in this video and he said "when he catches the ball with the laces"...does anyone know what that means?? Had a tough time understanding what he meant by Manning "catching" the ball. Maybe it's NFL lingo.

He's just saying Manning is human and not every single one of his throws is perfect. By "catching the laces", he's talking about the mechanics of throwing the football, squeezing the ball in the throwing hand, and rotating the ball out of one's grip perfectly to put the right spin on the ball for an accurate throw. Manning may get the ball out to the right guy at the right time but his release may not always be perfect, hence it's a "duck". For a smart CB bent on making big plays, that's an opportunity.

PS: See the Kam Chancellor INT in the Super Bowl.

So how about his post game presser last night. It appears that he learned from his previous comments. Or maybe he doesn't hate Denver as much as SF. Or the game was a blow out so and he was injured so he had time to compose his thoughts.

My prediction? This thread will fade as fast the Da'Rick after his no catch performance...