Possible trade down with Cleveland

....lybob

Yeah I think that's the case. I'd call the following guys the impact guys (while reserving the right to add or delete from this list pending further evaluation LOL):

**for the record, I realize you're only postulating regarding impact guys that could be available when Buffalo picks at 9--at this point I'm going to just list them all for simplicity**

Bridgewater

Manziel

Clowney

Barr

Watkins

Mack

Ebron

Mosley

Benjamin

Dennard

I am also wavering on Marquise Lee

I like all of those guys a lot. Barr scares me a little and I think that Mosley is solid (not spectacular). Ebron is the guy that I go back and forth on at 9. I think that he is certainly the #1 TE which is a major need.

I would be happy with any of those guys as the Bills first pick. It's just a matter of would you rather Ebron and Cyril Richardson or Allen Robinson, ASJ & Cyril Richardson (or something like that)?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id definitely make that deal.

#26 - TE Austin Seferian Jenkins

#35- Og Cyril Richardson

#42- Og Gabe Jackson.

Free agency sign Sebastian Veeldeer and we would have best oline in Football

Still got 2 3rds to add lbs and wr's

Behind that oline I wouldn't be surprised to run 180 a gm

True, recent trends have shown the league is indeed shifting towards a running-league...

But, they would be good for protecting EJ, so it's a win, win.

Id definitely make that deal.

#26 - TE Austin Seferian Jenkins

#35- Og Cyril Richardson

#42- Og Gabe Jackson.

Free agency sign Sebastian Veeldeer and we would have best oline in Football

Still got 2 3rds to add lbs and wr's

Behind that oline I wouldn't be surprised to run 180 a gm

With a slight tweak, your selections indicate why this would be a good move--highly likely 3 high quality starters instead of 2. for the tweak, I'd prefer a greater need--LB, CB, or OT--at 42. Or, depending on who else is available at 35, i might wait to take a G at 42.

Should add, it depends on whose there at 9 as well. Robinson is a guy they should take if available.

Edited by TPS

Some pundits have Cleveland taking Johnny Football with the forth pick and I was thinking they may want Mike Evans too- Detroit may want another WR so a deal with the Bills might be an option for Cleveland, Cleveland besides having an extra first have extra picks in the third and forth round. The Bills pick at 9 would be traded for Cleveland's picks 26 from Indy, 35, and their 83 from Pittsburgh .

Much speculation and such a thing is highly unlikely but if such an offer was on the table would you take it or is the quality at 9 more important than quantity.

I'd trade up for Johny

I see Mike Evans as more comparable to Anquan Bolden than Calvin Johnson or Julio Jones.... a big guy with really good hands who might not be the quickest but who makes a ton of tough catches. Bolden was a 2nd rounder for Arizona if memory serves, but by Sunday night could have made it to the Superbowl with all 3 of the teams he has played for. If you were going to get Anquan Bolden levels of production out of a kid (and of course nothing is sadly that certain) then the fact that he is slow really shouldn't stop you taking him high. Especially where you have the likes of Woods and Goodwin on the team who bring plenty of speed at receiver. If he is still there at 9 and Mack is not then I would consider him definitely, and the fact that a lot of other teams might overlook him because of his lack of speed would not worry me a jot.

As for the trade on offer here..... I'm on record as saying I'd trade down. I don't think the drop off from top 10 players in this draft to say top 50/55 is all that stark. The drop off after 50/55 is much more noticeable. I'd prefer a trade more similar to last years where we end up in the mid-late teens but it really just depends who comes to us I suppose.

I pushed deal slightly in the Bills favor but I really don't think the Trade value charts reflect the new rookie salary cap, in the past you really paid a premium for players in the top ten.

Using that theory, there should be an even higher premium placed upon the top 10 now. The dollar amount needed to sign them is much more appealing.....therefore the value of those picks should increase. (I wasn't sure if you meant this or the opposite so I thought I'd clarify).

Using that theory, there should be an even higher premium placed upon the top 10 now. The dollar amount needed to sign them is much more appealing.....therefore the value of those picks should increase. (I wasn't sure if you meant this or the opposite so I thought I'd clarify).

yep the value should be slightly increased - I say slightly because before the rookie cap I thought the trade value chart was over weighted in the opposite manner.

I don't see that trade being in the best interest of either party to be honest. I don't see Cleveland spending that kind of ammo unless it is for a QB and it would have to be for a QB that they wouldn't have deemed worthy of the 4th overall selection. I just don't see that happening. The Bills would be moving a long way and while it works out well from the chart perspective I don't see that haul of picks as that appealing to the team. A 1st next year along with the 26th overall and another pick would be a different story. That 1st could really be worth something.

If Mack and Watkins are off th board I would certainly be interested in a trade down. For those of you that love Evans (I'm not 1) there is a chance that he could be there in the late 20's when the Browns pick. If he does not run well he will begin to slide some (especially if they rewatch his game film from late in the season).

He would not be my target in the late 20's however. I would be looking for something like this in a trade down:

Kelvin Benjamin

ASJ

Gabe Jackson (assuming Cyril Richardson is gone)

In the 3rd I would be looking at an RB and a LB.

My sentiments exactly! If Mack is gone, then I may consider it. Except, my picks would be:

Jordan Matthews. He's being compared to Reggie Wayne

Dee Ford. Von Miller like pass rusher

Christian Jones. Poor man version of Mack.

there is going to be an impact player at #9 no matter what happens.....

this year, just let the draft come to you and STAY at #9

Mel Kiper's Big Board (ranked by talent only, UPDATED Jan 16th):

#1-Jadeveon Clowney

#2-Anthony Barr

#3-Jake Matthews

#4-Greg Robinson

#5-Khalil Mack

#6-Sammy Watkins

#7-Eric Ebron

#8-Taylor Lewan

#9-Teddy Bridgewater

#10-Blake Bortles