Man kills fellow moviegoer for texting during movie

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda see it going down like Michael Douglas in "Falling Down". Dude may have just had enough and snapped.

Maybe, but this was before the movie started.

And the guy did go to the theatre staff to complain. It's not like he attacked the guy who was texting.

Then they started arguing and then tragedy struck.

I understand how annoying people can be in movie theatres, but this is horrible.

You know those cute little short films they show to let everyone know they have to silence their phones and stop texting just before the movie begins? Maybe they'll just show the news footage from now and on of the killing. That'll get people to stop.

So sad that all these lives are destroyed just because a guy couldn't tolerate a little bit of light.

I recently took my wife to the movies, and was appalled at the amount of people who were repeatedly checking their phones during the movie. Some people were looking at their phones for the entire movie. It didn't really bother me all that much, but the lights shining all over the theater are a little distracting and annoying. Why do people pay 10-15 friggin dollars to see a movie and then text their friends or check their damned facebook updates for the entire film?! It amazes me.

With regard to this story...very sad.

I recently took my wife to the movies, and was appalled at the amount of people who were repeatedly checking their phones during the movie. Some people were looking at their phones for the entire movie. It didn't really bother me all that much, but the lights shining all over the theater are a little distracting and annoying. Why do people pay 10-15 friggin dollars to see a movie and then text their friends or check their damned facebook updates for the entire film?! It amazes me.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/158778-june-movies-man-of-steel-world-war-z-monsters-u/page__st__40#entry2832718

I would have been tempted to shoot that B word.

I can understand texting during a movie ("Like, OMG, you have to see this!") I don't condone it, but I can understand it. I don't understand paying $10 to see a movie and spending the entire movie talking on the damn phone.

http://forums.twobil...40#entry2832718

I would have been tempted to shoot that B word.

I can understand texting during a movie ("Like, OMG, you have to see this!") I don't condone it, but I can understand it. I don't understand paying $10 to see a movie and spending the entire movie talking on the damn phone.

When I went to see the Police at Madison Square Garden, there was a family (father, mother, daughter (about 14)) seated in front of us. The daughter seemed a little old to be dragged out because of no sitter; not to mention the tickets weren't cheap and went on sale about 6 months prior to the show. Anyway, she sat on her ass the entire show and texted her friends.

All I could think was how much of an ungrateful little B word she was and wondering how she couldn't be going out of her mind seeing such a great band in such a great venue.

When I went to see the Police at Madison Square Garden, there was a family (father, mother, daughter (about 14)) seated in front of us. The daughter seemed a little old to be dragged out because of no sitter; not to mention the tickets weren't cheap and went on sale about 6 months prior to the show. Anyway, she sat on her ass the entire show and texted her friends.

All I could think was how much of an ungrateful little B word she was and wondering how she couldn't be going out of her mind seeing such a great band in such a great venue.

I'm sure every little text she sent was magic.

Isn't that what Netflix is minus the stabbings and shootings?

I mean a movie that is out in theaters right now

And you would pay per movie.

Just like buying a ticket online. You would pick a movie, pay the fee and get sent a link to a site that would stream the movie.

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

My wife and I have not been in a theater in probably close to 8 years. It had zero to do with people looking at their phone with the light distracting us seeing that's a relatively new distraction. Thanks for the warning.

The Police.....texting friends? The Police.......texting friends. Hmmm, I'm with her. :D