Man kills fellow moviegoer for texting during movie

This is what I want to know.

Apparently the old guy went back out to the lobby to complain about the guy texting.

So the theatre staff did what? Nothing? Why didn't a manager from the theatre come back with the old guy and try to resolve this problem?

The people at the theatre should not be able to walk away from this. They could have possibly stopped this from happening.

Read through the linked articles. One states that theater management was busy and the guy never spoke to anyone. Whether he actually tried to is open to conjecture.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course they can walk away from this. Just because some high school kids working the popcorn stand and sweeping up the theaters didn't stop two adults from getting into an altercation and one of them pulling out a gun you want to try and blame them?

The fault lies in one man - the shooter. Altercations happen every single day without some idiot pulling out a gun. Hell, I'd go a step farther and say that even if it was physical there is no reason to pull out a weapon. Pushing, or even punching somebody shouldn't be a death sentence. Unless your life is on the line - and I can pretty safely say the shooter's life wasn't - there is no reason to pull out a weapon. The whole "I was defending myself" line is hilarious.

I'm not trying to put the blame solely on the theatre staff. I am just curious as to what the theatre staff did once the guy complained about the guy texting.

Did anyone from the theatre do anything? Did they inform a manager? Did anyone go back with the old guy to solve the problem? I feel it is important to know these things.

Read through the linked articles. One states that theater management was busy and the guy never spoke to anyone. Whether he actually tried to is open to conjecture.

I checked the articles and while it is true that he did leave the theatre, apparently it looks like he never spoke to a manager or supervisor about the situation. How unfortunate.

I checked the articles and while it is true that he did leave the theatre, apparently it looks like he never spoke to a manager or supervisor about the situation. How unfortunate.

"Manager, someone is texting in the movie theatre"

"So?"