Man kills fellow moviegoer for texting during movie

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When he returned to his seat, an argument ensued and then turned physical. Reeves pulled a .380 pistol and shot Oulson, Nocco said. Witnesses told deputies Oulson had just texted his 3-year-old daughter. Oulson's wife had put her hand in front of her husband and was shot in the hand.

Reeves then sat down and put the gun on his lap. An off-duty Sumter County deputy happened to be in the theater and acted to secure the weapon.

Was he figurin' he'd just watch the movie with a little peace and quiet after he shot the guy?

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

Oh I don't know. Someone texting a three year old deserves to be shot in my mind.

Look @ things in a positive way. That 3 year old will (well would have) grown up to be one hell of a typist. Skills for the new millenium? ;-)

Anyway... You go society! :-(

Movie hadn't even started. I think so long as someone turns off the phone before the actual movie starts, that's OK. But let's be honest, this was bound to happen somewhere eventually.

+1. And it is only bound to happen more.

Leave the movie theatre if your text/call is important.

71 year old gunman, wow

It is a text... Aren't those as quiet as eating popcorn (on silent mode)? Like the previous poster said, the movie didn't even start yet.

Shouldn't the uptight guy have been watching the movie (if it started yet) and not worrired what his neighbor was doing? Not like the dude was making a sound?

"According to Tampa Police, Reeves retired from TPD as a captain in 1993 and was instrumental in establishing the department's first Tactical Response Team.  In a release, a department spokesperson said there was no indication that Reeves had any contact with TPD since his retirement."

Interesting. Then he just sat there after shooting the man and his wife. Oh my. Retire @ 50? Yikes.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Years ago, when I lived in NYC, went to see "Dances With Wolves" the week it came out. It was "the" movie at the time, and the theater was packed. About halfway through the movie, we heard some woman yelling "is there a doctor in the house?" Then, an older man came stumbling up the middle isle, holding his stomach as blood was leaking out, pretty quickly... lights came up, ever so slightly, and there was lots of commotion...film kept rolling the whole time, even as cops and medics were in and out... ended up, this old guy had asked a bunch of unruly kids, who were talking a lot, to be quiet. One of the kids pulled a knife and stabbed him... the old guy ended up being Tim Zagat, he of the famous (now infamous) Zagat restaurant guides fame.

Edited by Buftex

Years ago, when I lived in NYC, went to see "Dances With Wolves" the week it came out. It was "the" movie at the time, and the theater was packed. About halfway through the movie, we heard some woman yelling "is there a doctor in the house?" Then, an older man came stumbling up the middle isle, holding his stomach as blood was leaking out, pretty quickly... lights came up, ever so slightly, and there was lots of commotion...film kept rolling the whole time, even as cops and medics were in and out... ended up, this old guy had asked a bunch of unruly kids, who were talking a lot, to be quiet. One of the kids pulled a knife and stabbed him... the old guy ended up being Tim Zagat, he of the famous (now infamous) Zagat restaurant guides fame.

A book never written: Zagat's Guide to Movie Theaters

;-P

It is a text... Aren't those as quiet as eating popcorn (on silent mode)? Like the previous poster said, the movie didn't even start yet.

Shouldn't the uptight guy have been watching the movie (if it started yet) and not worrired what his neighbor was doing? Not like the dude was making a sound?

"According to Tampa Police, Reeves retired from TPD as a captain in 1993 and was instrumental in establishing the department's first Tactical Response Team.  In a release, a department spokesperson said there was no indication that Reeves had any contact with TPD since his retirement."

Interesting. Then he just sat there after shooting the man and his wife. Oh my. Retire @ 50? Yikes.

The movie had not started yet part changes it up.

Any light from ones phone during movie kinda sucks though.

I've traded shushes before w irritating moviegoers before.

Never been shived like Zagat though.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

The movie had not started yet part changes it up.

Any light from ones phone during movie kinda sucks though.

I've traded shushes before w irritating moviegoers before.

True. I just read where the perp was sitting behind them, so the light could annoy. Like you said, the movie didn't even start yet. WTF! My guess is this ex-cop had way too much time on his hands the last 20+ years of retirement!

Theaters around here, the lights don't even go down all the way until the movie starts. It's like there are three light levels.

1) full light - Commercials, etc, before previews

2) half light - previews

3) no light - actual movie you paid for