Frank Reich...moving up in the ranks?

Buftex

Coaching careers die in Buffalo.

This past off-season, Andre Reed did one of those sort of "coaching fellowship"/training type things with the Chiefs. I think every team has one or two during training camp. I remember hearing him in a phone interview on GR, and he was asked if he had tried to come to Buffalo for his position...he had an interesting answer. To paraphrase, he just said he wanted to do it somewhere other than Buffalo, because he wanted to learn, and he thought coming to Buffalo would just turn into a trip down memory lane, and sort of a novelty, given his ties with the organization. He just felt he would actually learn more elsewhere.

This past off-season, Andre Reed did one of those sort of "coaching fellowship"/training type things with the Chiefs. I think every team has one or two during training camp. I remember hearing him in a phone interview on GR, and he was asked if he had tried to come to Buffalo for his position...he had an interesting answer. To paraphrase, he just said he wanted to do it somewhere other than Buffalo, because he wanted to learn, and he thought coming to Buffalo would just turn into a trip down memory lane, and sort of a novelty, given his ties with the organization. He just felt he would actually learn more elsewhere.

Probably true, and smart thinking on his part...

That is smart, and he is still in Buffalo a lot for games. Probably better to be a "fan" of the Bills than work for them for Reed.

Would love to see him get that OC job.

Word is that Whisenhunt was thinking of bringing him to TN as his OC and SD will jump on that first as he is under contract and since McCoy is a offensive guy anyway he can bring him along.

That is smart, and he is still in Buffalo a lot for games. Probably better to be a "fan" of the Bills than work for them for Reed.

Word is that Whisenhunt was thinking of bringing him to TN as his OC and SD will jump on that first as he is under contract and since McCoy is a offensive guy anyway he can bring him along.

Given the choice, if I was Frank, and I had the choice to be the OC in San Diego or Tennessee...I would be happy to stay in San Diego.

Who wouldn't want to be in SD? Haha, I agree. Plus he has a QB already.

Yeah, was referring as much to the talent on hand as the city itself...but San Diego is pretty spectacular, especially if you pull a decent paycheck!

Frank Reich worked as qb coach in indy for a few years with P. Manning, right? I remember seeing a game once and the commentators were talking him up then. I think it might have actually been Aikman b/c he mentioned Garrett too. he went on to say how many #2 qbs have coaching experience due to the fact that they were #2 and always working on the sidelines with qb1 during the game.

People forget, Frank is a committed Christian, with strong ties to the Bible Belt. Yes SD is a better climate, but OC in SD vs. OC in TN, could be a tough choice for him, esp with SD's stadium issues.

If Frank could turn CJ2K into a faster Thurmal, that would be a start right there.