My pre-combine draft thoughts, how about yours

simpleman

You could be right. But, as I am sure you know, everything is going to shake out in the last 4-5 weeks leading up to the draft. Remember when Philip Rivers was a nobody, and then ended up being a top-5. Crazy stuff happens with QB's.

Good point. More recently, remember when that Manuel kid skyrocketed to 16th.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone seen any of the WR that won the Biletnikoff, Brandin Cooks. I can't remember even seeing a highlight of him until the awards show. Any good?

He is a great receiver, but he's small and his astronomical numbers were due in part to the facts that Oregon State passed the ball as much as any team in the country and he had a pretty good QB throwing him the ball. I would guess he will go in the third round, much like his former teammate, Markus Wheaton, did last year. Could slip into the second round.

He is a great receiver, but he's small and his astronomical numbers were due in part to the facts that Oregon State passed the ball as much as any team in the country and he had a pretty good QB throwing him the ball. I would guess he will go in the third round, much like his former teammate, Markus Wheaton, did last year. Could slip into the second round.

Thanks

Unless there is a REAL playmaker at WR or TE at 9, I fully support all efforts to trade down to grab more picks in the 2nd or 3rd.

I think there is a zero percent chance of us drafting another QB. Even though I would understand if we did.

Unless there is a REAL playmaker at WR or TE at 9, I fully support all efforts to trade down to grab more picks in the 2nd or 3rd.

I think there is a zero percent chance of us drafting another QB. Even though I would understand if we did.

I believe that if every QB in the draft fell to us at 9, we still wouldn't draft one. They are committed to EJ.

I think we need to trade down like crazy. Our weaknesses are at interior oline and LB-- which is ideal to trade down. We could pick around 25-30 and still get like the no. 2 interior lineman in the draft.

I believe that if every QB in the draft fell to us at 9, we still wouldn't draft one. They are committed to EJ.

I think we need to trade down like crazy. Our weaknesses are at interior oline and LB-- which is ideal to trade down. We could pick around 25-30 and still get like the no. 2 interior lineman in the draft.

Agree on all fronts.

I would like CJ Mosley at #9 and then an OT like Richardson or Erving with our 2nd round pick. Mosley would be a solid, run stuffing ILB for us, and then we could kick Alonso out to WOLB. I see no need to draft a QB in the top 3 rounds. Unless, perhaps if Boyd fell to the 3rd round (I think he will go in the 2nd). Still really early though.

Before you start scheming, remember; 1. Haiston has been out a whole year with an undisclosed illness. We have no indication that he's coming back. 2. Manzel is likely gone to Cleveland who has scouted him extensively. 3. Lewan has short arms but could make a nice RT in the pros. I like his meaness. 4. You need a trading partner to make a trade. One player that could be there at 9, and lusted after by some team that picks after us is WR Sammy Watkins from Clemson. Watch him tonight. 5. I live in Tennessee, have watched a lot of Vols games, and Antonio Richardson has never stood out to me. I have no idea why some think he's a high draft pick. Is it possible you're thinking of Cyril Richardson, the 340 LB guard from Baylor??

No,

Name: Antonio Richardson

College: Tennessee Number: 74

Height: 6-6 Weight: 327

Position: OT Pos2: OG

As I stated, I would trade down and take the OT in the late 1st or early 2nd. Some draft mocks would even have him available at our 2nd round pick, if we took our TE ASJ with a low first to keep him from NE. I would not draft an Oline with a high pick like a #9, but would with a low pick from trading down. Lewan would be a great pick, but I wouldn't take a OT with a #9. I don't see him still being there with a lower pick.

The chances of getting a trade for a top 10 pick are extremely good. I posted a historical analysis of just how good they were last year. Of course everything is chance.

I would seriously be happy with Louis Nix in round 1 and Cyril Richardson in round 2!!! Build both trenches up. Win up front, and good things happen, like W's!!!

Cyril Richardson will not make it to round two. I have nightmares that a number of really dumb GMs pass on him and he falls to Beilcheat near the end of rd.1

No,

Name: Antonio Richardson

College: Tennessee Number: 74

Height: 6-6 Weight: 327

Position: OT Pos2: OG

As I stated, I would trade down and take the OT in the late 1st or early 2nd. Some draft mocks would even have him available at our 2nd round pick, if we took our TE ASJ with a low first to keep him from NE. I would not draft an Oline with a high pick like a #9, but would with a low pick from trading down. Lewan would be a great pick, but I wouldn't take a OT with a #9. I don't see him still being there with a lower pick.

The chances of getting a trade for a top 10 pick are extremely good. I posted a historical analysis of just how good they were last year. Of course everything is chance.

Have you ever seem Antonio Richardson play or is he a name you plucked off of some draftnick's board. You may not want to pick OTs early but several GMs in the league always do in every draft. That's the difference between a guy who is paid to select players, in fact, his job depends on selecting good players, and the guy who watches TV from his easy chair while snacking on beer and chips.

I really don't think the FO is NOT going to go QB,TE, or WR @ #9. If we draft offense it will be OL. I'm going to throw this out there and I'm sure it has been discussed before, but don't be surprised if we take Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix / S / Alabama with our 1st. It would probably be hated just as much as Lil Donte, but he seems like a guy that would be high on Whaley's radar.

Edited by H2o

I'll go ahead and predict, even at this super early stage, that the Bills will take either WR Mike Evans or TE Eric Ebron at #9...Assuming of course they have good workouts, interviews, etc...

I think one of those two is coming to Buffalo...Probably Evans... B-)

Wouldn't surprise me. The Bills are typically behind league trends by a few years and know by now that having a large WR or more athletic TE is what most good offenses have. Besides, they've invested in a first round pick and need to provide him more weapons if he's going to succeed. I think this team goes offense in round 1, as they did last year.

I am sold on Cyril Richardson and would hate a pick of Mike Adams. The Bills are on the cusp of great things. I would like to see them continue to stockpile defense with attacking players, and to fortify our lines and dominate the line of scrimmage. At WR, I would much prefer Allen Robinson in the second over a top 10 pick of Mike Adams

I really don't think the FO is NOT going to go QB,TE, or WR @ #9. If we draft offense it will be OL. I'm going to throw this out there and I'm sure it has been discussed before, but don't be surprised if we take Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix / S / Alabama with our 1st. It would probably be hated just as much as Lil Donte, but he seems like a guy that would be high on Whaley's radar.

There's no chance of that happening at #9. The changing rules of the NFL have made DBs of lesser importance than OL, WR, DL, TE, QB... ect

The only way any NFL team picks a safety THAT high is if they have an embarrassment of riches at almost every other position.

Edited by 1billsfan

There's no chance of that happening at #9. The changing rules of the NFL have made DBs of lesser importance than OL, WR, DL, TE, QB... ect

The only way any NFL team picks a safety THAT high is if they have an embarrassment of riches at almost every other position.

I strongly disagree. In the new NFL, the Safety position is critical. They need to help cover Graham and Gronkowski, to be able to run with the speed WRs, to diagnose, and offer run support. Every team would draft Eric Berry top 10 if given that option

I strongly disagree. In the new NFL, the Safety position is critical. They need to help cover Graham and Gronkowski, to be able to run with the speed WRs, to diagnose, and offer run support. Every team would draft Eric Berry top 10 if given that option

I agree but I don't see the Bills drafting a safety. They took two last year and Aaron Williams has developed nicely.