Bills to meet with Rogers Communications

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You won't hear about the meeting. You will only hear any results that come of it (and that coul be weeks). I am sure that they don't want the details public. There will be a statement or press conference at the end (more likely a statement IMO).

Gotta agree with this.

Still would like to know what details are being discussed.

Gotta agree with this.

Still would like to know what details are being discussed.

I don't recall if the NFL had to approve the original deal. If they did, they will also need to approve any significant modifications.

Btw- I assume the NFL did approve the original deal.

I don't recall if the NFL had to approve the original deal. If they did, they will also need to approve any significant modifications.

Btw- I assume the NFL did approve the original deal.

The NFL's International Committee has approved a five-year extension of the Buffalo Bills' agreement to play games in Toronto, giving the team permission to continue the series from 2013 to 2017, a league source said Tuesday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82943e05/article/fiveyear-extension-of-buffalo-bills-toronto-series-approved

I don't have any confidence that russ brandon will make the right decision in the end... since he's such a marketing genius, and the best idea he could come up with was this abomination of a series, rather than sell stadium naming rights, advertising to large Canadian corporations that do business in the states, or even sell a luxury box or two to those said businesses, I doubt he will end this misery.

a game at Ralph that will not be sold out or...............

I don't have any confidence that russ brandon will make the right decision in the end... since he's such a marketing genius, and the best idea he could come up with was this abomination of a series, rather than sell stadium naming rights, advertising to large Canadian corporations that do business in the states, or even sell a luxury box or two to those said businesses, I doubt he will end this misery.

I believe one of the purposes of the Toronto series was an attempt to do the things bolded above. The theory being if the people are interested it makes selling corporate boxes and advertising all that much easier. If no one gives a **** about the Bills in Toronto, why would Toronto based companies advertise with the Bills?

The other, and in my opinion the biggest, reason of course is to make the Bills a buttload of cash. And the Toronto series certainly has done that very nicely.

Update from Brandon via JW.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/bills-hit-reset-contract-talks-s-byrd

Brandon provided an update on another front. Without going into detail, he said he's had discussions with Rogers Communications regarding the team's concerns about its annual "Bills In Toronto" series.

Brandon questioned the benefits of the series following a 34-31 overtime loss to Atlanta at Toronto on Dec. 1. He wondered about the Bills possibly giving away a home-field edge by playing indoors.

Brandon has not ruled out the possibility of the Bills pulling out of the remaining four years of the series.

I believe that the Bills, Rogers Communication, & NFL will come to a compromise agreement that will allow the Bills to fulfill their contract with the following changes:

1. The Toronto game will no longer be a home game for the Bills.

2. The opponent will not be a divisional team.

3. The game will be a regular scheduled away game for both teams played at a neutral site.

I'd be willing to bet the NFL won't let the Bills pull out of Toronto even in they wanted to.

I'm thinking that they will move the game to earlier in the season. If that is done the loss of "weather advantage" will be much less. It seems that they will give the bills their late season home games to remove the complaint of losing the cold/wind/not a freaking some against a dome team.

I would prefer they scrap it altogether but doubt we will be so lucky.