Bills to meet with Rogers Communications

There's no LA stadium? Well, there is also no Toronto stadium. The Rogers Center is a dump that is too small for NFL football.

If any team moves to Toronto it will go into a brand new state of the art facility. No such facility exists, so Toronto is no further ahead than LA. LA is also a major American television market without a team. It is going to happen eventually.

And London? Who is going to play for the London team? Unless you are a star player the logistics of moving your family not only to another country but another continent are considerable. Then there is the cost of doing so. For a guy making $500,000 a year for a few years he'd blow a lot of his dough shuffling things around. Of course the top guys will always be fine, but not everyone is a top guy. Russell Wilson is making 300K a season right now. It sounds cool to play for the London team until you realize what's involved.

If you get signed by Kansas City you can pack a uhaul and drive there with your wife/kids/girlfriend/mom/whoever. If it doesn't work out you pack it back up and drive to the next gig. Get signed by the London Jaguars and you're going to have a freaking nightmare on your hands going each way. Get your kids in school? Want to bring the girlfriend with you? Want to bring your stuff across the ocean? $$$$$$$$$$$

It is sad that Mr. Wilson is here in name only. He used to be extremely involved in everything the Bills and the league were up to. Now we've got a marketing guy playing with a toy he could never buy himself.

Edited by TheFunPolice

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Buffalo Bills are pulling the plug this year on their annual Toronto series, we'll find out by next week.

That's when the NFL club finally intends to mail out season-ticket renewal forms, a team spokesman said in an e-mail Wednesday.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/02/26/have-bills-played-last-game-at-rogers-centre?two-bills-drive

If the Buffalo Bills are pulling the plug this year on their annual Toronto series, we'll find out by next week.

That's when the NFL club finally intends to mail out season-ticket renewal forms, a team spokesman said in an e-mail Wednesday.

http://www.torontosu...two-bills-drive

here's the eye catching fact that i saw in the article. mary owen is the point person for the bills in the toronto series. so who is mary owen. i could only recall wilson relatives working in high positions in the organization as women. and yup, mary owen is ralph's niece.

so the bigger implication is: do we really believe wilson isn't still stirring the pot in big decisions like this?

As a STH, Ill happily pay for an increase. Tickets are laughably cheap anyways... even for a team who hasnt won a playoff game in nearly 2 decades

i'm betting they're calculating the differential needed in price tickets to offset the loss of revenue from the toronto game. they're likely to go up. ralph's neice has probably got it calculated to the nickel and is reporting back to him now.

If the Bills end up with 8 home games at RWS, it will be interesting to see if the season ticket holders cheer the demise of the Toronto series, or whine about the cost increase.

BINGO! Be careful what you whine for. You might just get it.

Meanwhile the game that would have been played in Toronto this year will be blacked out with 30K attending.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Good column. Sums up the current situation or lack of as well. Didnt realize the invoices are later this season than usual. Maybe something? Maybe nothing

I spoke to the Ticket office yesterday asking where the invoice is for our season tics......late this year. The line was.."haven't set the prices yet", so can't do the mailing. BUT, might not have settled the schedule yet either....with the additional game going back into the season ticket package. So, this rumor lives, and just might have substance.

Well all be watching the 8th game from the stands of "Greg Williams Stadium" this season. The name change is inevitable. I'll be wearing a new Bills hat to celebrate the game.

Go Bills

i'm betting they're calculating the differential needed in price tickets to offset the loss of revenue from the toronto game. they're likely to go up. ralph's neice has probably got it calculated to the nickel and is reporting back to him now.

just because Ralph hired his niece years ago doesn't mean she has any decision making ability. I got hired by one of my best friends years ago at an old job. He didn't run me. I didn't listen to him. And business got along just fine. Just saying. And I highly doubt she's got anything to do with ticket increases. But nice try.

Ralph is cheap, same ole Bills, we always let our good players walk kind of attitude you have there.

just because Ralph hired his niece years ago doesn't mean she has any decision making ability. I got hired by one of my best friends years ago at an old job. He didn't run me. I didn't listen to him. And business got along just fine. Just saying. And I highly doubt she's got anything to do with ticket increases. But nice try.

Ralph is cheap, same ole Bills, we always let our good players walk kind of attitude you have there.

there's not much evidence to refute any of those points. here's some more to support them: http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/print-edition/2011/02/18/ralph-wilsons-33-year-old-niece.html?page=all. "we are a very successful franchise (the story is from 2011!)."russ brandon got here in the late 90's and his track record speaks for itself: being able to engage the fans and have a great game day experience and just being smart about our business." "with the buffalo bills, every decision that is made: what is the return on investment..."

she didn't mention winning once. she's no warren buffet but she's her uncle's niece for sure. and yes, i've seen nepotism function decently in the work place, too. i've more often seen dysfunction from it.

Well all be watching the 8th game from the stands of "Greg Williams Stadium" this season. The name change is inevitable. I'll be wearing a new Bills hat to celebrate the game.

Go Bills

just because Ralph hired his niece years ago doesn't mean she has any decision making ability.

Just because Ralph hired his niece doesn’t mean she is not qualified and competent to do the job she was hired to do. ijs...

As a comparison, i also own season tickets for another NFL team and i got that renewal notice on Feb. 4th, and already paid for them. Clearly something is going on since I would normally have the Bills invoice well before now. I'm hoping this Toronto series has been shelved. It's been a failure from every aspect you can measure (except that payment to the Buffalo Bills).