What did you do today?

Just Jack

Not today, but I spent Wednesday to Friday at Yosemite. For it being end of April with no major holiday, it was busy. I can't imagine what it must be like trying to get around there in the middle of summer.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why'd ya wait so long? Coulda/shoulda done that last month! Some even do it in Fall then mix and cover it all with leaves to kill out the weeds.

Last minute thing. Had covered the spot with cardboard for a couple months to kill the sod. And I will do that in the fall.Had it disced and now run harrows over Then roto till it. Damn clay soil.Not real heavy,but bad enough. Hilltop soil sux.

I put Cut Bank in my rear view mirror. Now in Butte, tomorrow finally home.

BTW CG...I got snowed on yesterday.

Snow.....not surprised...should be your last.

Good news on returning home.

Another day at the pool!

Went to Chevys for dinner and stayed for the show. Apparently some girl rejected this guy, on his way out he slams the front door of the restaurant, then when walking by the window she and her friend were seated at, gives her the double finger, and punches the plate glass window, sending shards of glass all over. Luckily no one was injured by the flying glass.

Went to Chevys for dinner and stayed for the show. Apparently some girl rejected this guy, on his way out he slams the front door of the restaurant, then when walking by the window she and her friend were seated at, gives her the double finger, and punches the plate glass window, sending shards of glass all over. Luckily no one was injured by the flying glass.

:lol:

Holy Toledo! What kinda neighborhood do you hang out in! :P

Did the cops come?... I think this story could get good if you are holding back some of it as a teaser! :D

Anyway, I was on Bourbon Street years ago and saw a guy come up to a shop window, punch it, it fell to pieces... Then he just calmly walked away! I was like WTF?

:lol:

Holy Toledo! What kinda neighborhood do you hang out in! :P

Did the cops come?... I think this story could get good if you are holding back some of it as a teaser! :D

It was in Elk Grove, a suburb of Sacramento. Cops came of course. Not much more to add other than what I put above.

Uncover my a/c compressor and see if all is working okay... It is 85 degreees today in the village where I live... 15 miles north by The Lake in Chicago it is 65... Running the a/c real good!

Seems we have two seasons: Winter & August! This heat is killing me being so adjusted to the cold. The house @ 79 degrees is suffocating! On midnight shift, I can't even sleep in this heat @ home! :-O LoL...

EDIT: Gr8! Thermo/temp in house going down!... 78 now in the house down from 79, windows wide open, and a/c running a test... House is cooling even w/windows open... I guess the a/c should be good. Temps@ the registers about 20 degrees lower (in the low 40's) than the surrounding room temp. Condensay pipe dripping good... Should be set for summer... Fins on compressor look clean.

Ahhhh... May in Northern Illinois! LoL

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

• 3 weeks later...

It pays to shop at Target.com before going to Target....

Was looking for a 32GB microSD for a tablet I have, Target.com had a good one for $22 and showing in stock at my local store. Went down there and the shelf tag was $45. They verified the price on the website and matched it.

It pays to shop at Target.com before going to Target....

Was looking for a 32GB microSD for a tablet I have, Target.com had a good one for $22 and showing in stock at my local store. Went down there and the shelf tag was $45. They verified the price on the website and matched it.

I picked up a couple of the same @ K-mart a few weeks back for 18.99 each! Last two, the guy said when they run that special, they go like hotcakes... Same 32GB micro SD.

Anyway... Working... Boats, boats, and boats... Hard to get bikini shots this early... ;-)

Just returned but spent the last 2 weeks setting up a new facility in Copenhagen. I rented a bicycle at the hotel and rode it every day to the new site...just like the locals do. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cycling_in_Copenhagen Traffic lights are there for bikes which signal a couple of seconds prior to the auto lights. That way they clear the turn lanes. Bicyclists there queue at lights, wait for the signal, ride on the correct side of the road in bike lanes, and stiff fines are issued by the police if you do not comply. Perhaps that would appease some anti-biking people in the Hate Bicyclists thread. But it was difficult keep my eyes on the road with gorgeous girls/women riding bikes in skirts, high heels. etc.

bike_light.jpg

I will return in the fall to complete the site and will go from there to Suzhou to open another facility. Will seek out some places to catch Bills games while I am away and try to schedule the travel so we can go to the hometwo games we would like to attend. I am more optimistic about the team this year than in previous years.

I picked up a couple of the same @ K-mart a few weeks back for 18.99 each! Last two, the guy said when they run that special, they go like hotcakes... Same 32GB micro SD.

Got a better deal at Best Buy, and it's still available....

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pny-turbo-plus-128gb-usb-3-0-flash-drive-silver-black/3198009.p?id=1219088674128&skuId=3198009&st=pny%20128&cp=1&lp=3

When I looked it up online, it was listed at $70 on sale. Shelf tag matched it also. When ringing it up, it rang up the $45 seen on the link. Must be they put the Sunday prices in early on Saturday. Score!

• 3 weeks later...

Note to self: Do not buy the sugar free wintergreen Lifesavers then proceed to eat them by the handful. Many trips to the bathroom is the result.

...i don't even understand why you would do this to begin with?

If you're going to eat candy, eat good candy.

Just returned but spent the last 2 weeks setting up a new facility in Copenhagen. I rented a bicycle at the hotel and rode it every day to the new site...just like the locals do. http://en.wikipedia....g_in_Copenhagen Traffic lights are there for bikes which signal a couple of seconds prior to the auto lights. That way they clear the turn lanes. Bicyclists there queue at lights, wait for the signal, ride on the correct side of the road in bike lanes, and stiff fines are issued by the police if you do not comply. Perhaps that would appease some anti-biking people in the Hate Bicyclists thread. But it was difficult keep my eyes on the road with gorgeous girls/women riding bikes in skirts, high heels. etc.

bike_light.jpg

I will return in the fall to complete the site and will go from there to Suzhou to open another facility. Will seek out some places to catch Bills games while I am away and try to schedule the travel so we can go to the hometwo games we would like to attend. I am more optimistic about the team this year than in previous years.

There probably wouldn't be a 'hate bicyclists' thread if they followed existing traffic laws in the US like they do in Europe. My wife lived in Amsterdam for four years and rode her bike everywhere -- same culture; she loved it. I was in Malmo several years ago and saw the same thing.

There probably wouldn't be a 'hate bicyclists' thread if they followed existing traffic laws in the US like they do in Europe. My wife lived in Amsterdam for four years and rode her bike everywhere -- same culture; she loved it. I was in Malmo several years ago and saw the same thing.

Well motorists do pay more in fuel taxes that go directly (or should, LoL!) into the upkeep of the roads... Why shouldn't they get priority over bicycles... So a fuel burning vehicle can go slower, idle and spend more taxes.

Just saying... Who's paying the bills here... ?? If everybody rode bikes, the roads would look like crap and they probably complain about that.

LoL... There probably would still be a hate bicycles thread... ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

stood on the side if the highway adjusting camera angles on the Utah / Arizona border with a heat index it was 112 degrees. and that was the noontime temp.

I'll be poolside a bit later where it will only be 108 degrees

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

stood on the side if the highway adjusting camera angles on the Utah / Arizona border with a heat index of 112 degrees. and that was the noontime temp.

I'll be poolside a bit later where it will only be 108 degrees

So with the heat index it was really 118? ;-P

When the humidity is low, doesn't the temp adjusted for the index go down? LoL

So with the heat index it was really 118? ;-P

When the humidity is low, doesn't the temp adjusted for the index go down? LoL

edited it, temp at that time was 102, temp read by the car external temp was 112.

humidity in the region was 19 %

UV index of get this

Very High 10

whatever that means

edited it, temp at that time was 102, temp read by the car external temp was 112.

humidity in the region was 19 %

UV index of get this

Very High 10

whatever that means

The car temp is near the windshield, my usually reads high. I thought the index actually has the index temp lower when the humidity is low (below) 20% vs higher when there is more humidity (muggy).

how does it "feel" colder than it is at 102?

its like being in an oven. you can feel the energy being sapped out of you

Now I know why its the off season here in southern Utah

Better than these storms that just ripped through here! Been out of power going on 3.5 hours now... It always comes back to 3.5, doesn't it! ;-) ;-) Running the genset to keep my sump pump working... I was to be @ work on midnights, called in... No way the wife would be able to man the deck! I would come home to a flooded basement! :-O Hope power is restored soon!