What did you do today?

Just Jack

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note to others, when attending an event where the seats are jammed together, don't sit like you're home on your couch spread eagled and jerking off. I don't like your leg touching mine. Now if it was the girl to the right of me.......

Not today, but yesterday I took a drive into Alberta. (the province, not the girl next door)

Sounds cool... We did parts of Alberta (Banff-Jasper-Calgary) on our honeymoon almost exactly 20 years ago (June of '94). I would like to go back one day... Maybe this time see the eastern half/prairies... Makes me think of this song (Four Strong Winds):

"...Think I'll go out to Alberta,

Weather's good there in the fall.

I got some friends that I can go to working for,

Still I wish you'd change your mind

If I asked you one more time,

But we've been through that a hundred times or more...."

I didn't do it today but I did it the other day. A dude at the gym always talks about wrestling and how he coaches the biddies. Nice kid who is entering the Marines. Anyway, he has talked about how Dan Gable and all of these guys are his hero's and stuff. I never mentioned to him that I have met a few Olympians, including Gable, etc. I had told him I went to Iowa a lot in High School to wrestle and all, including at the Univ. of Iowa for summer training programs.

Well, I had an old hat I wore in HS a lot that had broke. It was an Iowa wrestling hat and the strap on the back had broke and the bill was all flimsy so I had stopped wearing it long ago but never threw it out because Dan Gable had autographed it. I had found it about 3 months ago cleaning the house in a crate with some other sports and HS junk and almost threw it out then. It is pretty cool to have but I have Gables signature on a bunch of stuff.

Either way, I took it to the gym to let him see and he was amazed. He went to hand it back and I just told him to keep it. It made his day.

Saturday, tried to summit a mountain, turned back when the snow got to knee depth and showed no signs of letting up. Came home and worked on cleaning the apt.

Sunday, went and got my hair cut, then to Target, bought some book shelves, Home Depot for some plywood and hardware. Came home, put together the shelves, also mounted the TV in my bedroom to the wall using the bracket I got last July. Now getting things put away on the shelves, then work on paperwork for work, then pack since I'll be out of town next week. (Fredericksburg, VA is anyone is local to there and wants to meet for beers)

Cleaning my sons room and painting it to become the granddaughters room

Are you going to do any pictures on the walls or anything? There are some really easy stencils on the internet that you can make a DIY projector to get the lines on the wall.

It's quite easy and fun.