What did you do today?

Just Jack

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shoveled 3 ton of manure and sand off my pickup for my new garden. Had to shovel the cow manure on . That sucked. 55yr old back is a little sore.

Why'd ya wait so long? Coulda/shoulda done that last month! Some even do it in Fall then mix and cover it all with leaves to kill out the weeds.

Got the garage door repaired.

What was wrong? Did the torsion spring(s) go? That is one thing I won't mess with. It sounds like a gun when they pop. I had the guy put two on my door Last time they went. I only had one to begin with. Supposedly, they have so many opening and closings before they break. Around 10,000 or so. A good thing to do is wipe a little WD-40 on them twice a year... Stops them from rusting and breaking prematurely.

No springs this time. Have had about 4 rounds of those.

This time it was the roller on the right side that had popped out of the track.

Interesting. Is the track loose? I don't think it should ever jump the track. ?? Make sure the track is anchored and tight... Especially anchored @ the bottom to the floor... Check the top too where it is anchored to the ceiling... Usually to steel angle iron hanging from the ceiling. I noticed mine after about 15 years, @ the bottom anchors were rusting a little (when I put my new opener in) by the safety sensors... Up here, lots of snow and ice. I cleaned it up, primed and painted the lower part where the anchor is. Also, they say you should NEVER oil/grease the track... Apply it to the rollers.

Again... I never mess with the torsion springs... Those scare the crap out of me!