Poster you miss the most on tbd

major

The classics are gone. If we had a 'Homework' or Tracy Lee thread today it would be closed within 20 posts.

those threads were organic snowballs. The new game now is one up every one and land the lunker

Jim would have gotten a 1 month ban for just mentioning the idea of retard + frittata

By the way, where the hell has he been?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stuck in Cincy........he could tell you what he had for breakfast and make it sound extraordinary.

joesixpack.......funny SOB!

Joe is back, no?

I think many of those we used to know came back under new alias' later on with more maturity to not have their antics.

.....I don't believe that the cause-and-effect relationship that some apparently subscribe to is in any way sound: there is no logical reason I can see to think that criticism of failure causes the failure to happen.

Really? You state that as if you feel it would be a common thought of people. I could see a few people thinking that what is typed on the internet can effect the real world.....but certainly not enough to voice it as the main factor in why people might leave due to the negativity.

The negativity is constant. Though it is largely understandable IMO due to the long period of suckitude we have been through combined with the expanded use of the internet becoming either a place for venting or a place to say "look at me". It definitely hinders reasonable conversation......and I can easily see many people not wanting to have to deal with incessant dogmatic emotion driven interjections when they wish to discuss something.

It can't be helped IMO......but it would certainly be a strong factor for people leaving.

I have used TBD for my Bills news for years. I was a member off and on but never posted. The negative tenor and personal attacks I saw were off putting. When I finally started to post. I was smacked around by some veterans posters. I was at first irked to the point where I wanted to punch one in his smug mouth. Then I realized I was falling in the trap. Since they don't know me or my background, I either educate or ignore. This forum can be fun but to a few keyboard commandos make it unpleasant. You can disagree without being rude or demeaning. Overall, I enjoy talking Bills football specially on game day.

God bless everyone and have a prosperous New Year.

I think the constant losing has brought out the worst in some people.

When the team was winning you could post some thoughts and have a discussion about it.

It didn't always go well, but it wasn't a thread with a bunch of shout downs and shame downs.

If you have a positive take...........it is followed by a bunch of negative takes about the team.

If you have a negative take...........it is followed by PERSONAL attacks and demands that the topic not be discussed.

Bottom line.......it's a bad team and a bad organization and has been for a long time.

There is no rational defense at this point...........so defending them has become a study in the irrational.

If people talked to each other like they were at a tailgate party instead sorrow driven internet d-bags then I am *pretty* sure those people would be posting still.

Losing HAS brought out the worst in people. There are lots of posters here who just come to the board to vent, as if that's a healthy activity. Unfortunately it's my experience that venting is not cathartic but instead becomes a self-perpetuating practice with no benefits.

Most people who post here post on emotion, not reason. The losing has made those people emotionally ugly.

On the other hand there are enormous numbers of objective, intelligent and informed posters who find a way to discuss the team without DWELLING on the negativity.

All of those people accept that the Bills have sucked for a long time. The fact that we don't want to obsess on the negative doesn't mean that we are in denial. I challenge you to find one post of mine which would label me as an apologist.

I criticize this team as much as anyone. But I don't go on and on ad nauseum about it like some people do.

We have a rule in our house that you don't come home after work and complain about things.

I don't hang around people who complain or B word about work or politics or anything.

Discussions are cool but chronic negativity is for losers.

That's why I can't tolerate one person posting 25-30 negative posts on one subject (ie- EJ Manuel). Negativity is one thing but lately a lot of people have been using it to fuel their crusades.

It makes me think that these people are miserable in real life and use the Bills as an excuse to vent their unhappiness.

Moreover, I can't understand how a truly happy person could spend so much time being negative about anything.

Any theories?

I think this is blaming a symptom -- this fever is really what is making me feel bad -- instead of the disease -- dude, you have the flu.

Fans (personal friends) have left because they simply don't care about the Bills that much anymore. The false hope doesn't play well universally and they have other things to do that they enjoy.

I agree that negativity is a symptom.

It's a symptom of an unhappy person.

Losing HAS brought out the worst in people. There are lots of posters here who just come to the board to vent, as if that's a healthy activity. Unfortunately it's my experience that venting is not cathartic but instead becomes a self-perpetuating practice with no benefits.

Most people who post here post on emotion, not reason. The losing has made those people emotionally ugly.

On the other hand there are enormous numbers of objective, intelligent and informed posters who find a way to discuss the team without DWELLING on the negativity.

All of those people accept that the Bills have sucked for a long time. The fact that we don't want to obsess on the negative doesn't mean that we are in denial. I challenge you to find one post of mine which would label me as an apologist.

I criticize this team as much as anyone. But I don't go on and on ad nauseum about it like some people do.

We have a rule in our house that you don't come home after work and complain about things.

I don't hang around people who complain or B word about work or politics or anything.

Discussions are cool but chronic negativity is for losers.

That's why I can't tolerate one person posting 25-30 negative posts on one subject (ie- EJ Manuel). Negativity is one thing but lately a lot of people have been using it to fuel their crusades.

It makes me think that these people are miserable in real life and use the Bills as an excuse to vent their unhappiness.

Moreover, I can't understand how a truly happy person could spend so much time being negative about anything.

Any theories?

I agree that negativity is a symptom.

It's a symptom of an unhappy person.

I hate EJ Manuel as our QB and I'm an unhappy person.

But I loved Fitz. Go figure.