Season ending breakdown with the FO

mrags

FYI for everyone that can't listen,

When asked questions about if Stevie, Marcell, or Jairus would be back they used the usual "we will keep all options open" and "he's under contract, so we expect him to be here" answers.

When asked about the QBs, they haven't said anything worth while. Basically saying they want progress and expect steps forward.

When asked Russ about Toronto he said he will be reviewing everything and if it comes down to wins, it will be questioned.

When asked Marrone about the line

"Well, we were #2 in rushing so somebody had to be doing something right up front" but also said there were inconsistencies and there's plenty of young players they feel that can make a move from backup or practice guys to starters.

Unga, asper and McClain were brought up by name fwiw.

Jay Skurski@JaySkurski 18m

Doug Whaley says he believes the best growth period for a player is between his first and second years.

Jay Skurski@JaySkurski 15m

Doug Whaley does not rule out adding to the quarterback position, whether it be through the draft or free agency.

Jay Skurski@JaySkurski 13m

Doug Whaley says Stevie Johnson is under contract and the team "expects him to be here."

Whaley says the Bills will make an offer to Jairus Byrd and attempt to keep him.

Jay Skurski@JaySkurski 8m

Marrone says going into the year was going to be difficult on special teams coordinator Danny Crossman. Says Crossman is disappointed.

Jay Skurski@JaySkurski 6m

Marrone stops short of saying Danny Crossman will return: "We'll evaluate everything."

Jay Skurski@JaySkurski 4m

Russ Brandon says the Bills remain in evaluation mode on the Toronto series.

Wants 6 more core ST players like Easley

Marrone is unbearably boring and full of it. Worse than Brandon, if that's possible. What a cliche this FO has become.

Just shut it, Dougies.

we are going to evaluate everything....

leave all options on the table.......

going to have a thorough organizational meeting.....

will provide every resource needed......

I WANT TO PUKE !!

Honestly, what do you guys expect from the season ending press conference occurring the day after the last game of the season?

Marrone on Spiller-

How can he get better an get CJ more involved?

Situations were different, injury a factor, saw him improve. Not sure if it's him showing signs or because of injury. No real answer.

EJs performance from Russ-

I empower Whaley and Marrone to make the right decisions. We expect movements forward.

Jerry Hughes-

Indy thought it was a win win, we expected Jerry to produce and expect bigger things next year.

TE position-

Marrone- Chandler played well and was productive. General BS about the TE position and how it can be utilized.

Why can't we figure out how to win close games BS New England winning close games.

Marrone- turnover battle. Rushing battle. Brady is outstanding. Don't beat yourself with errors and penalties. Thy do it better than anyone

Chris Hairston-

Whaley- will get more information from medical staff at end of week if he can resume his career.

Morman-

Want to keep him- Whaley

Inconsistencies in run defense-

Marrone- extremely disappointed. Categorized as urgent and needs to be fixed. But will be evaluated.

Sacks and turnovers- Marrone-

Was a big on turnovers when he took the job. Fastest way to lose football games. Wanted more and wanted to do it less.

Jay Skurski@JaySkurski 18m

Doug Whaley says he believes the best growth period for a player is between his first and second years.

Jay Skurski@JaySkurski 15m

Doug Whaley does not rule out adding to the quarterback position, whether it be through the draft or free agency.

Doug Whaley says Stevie Johnson is under contract and the team "expects him to be here."

Whaley says the Bills will make an offer to Jairus Byrd and attempt to keep him.

Marrone says going into the year was going to be difficult on special teams coordinator Danny Crossman. Says Crossman is disappointed.

Marrone stops short of saying Danny Crossman will return: "We'll evaluate everything."

Jay Skurski@JaySkurski 4m

Russ Brandon says the Bills remain in evaluation mode on the Toronto series.

sounds like you got this. Thanks.

dude too hard to write it all...Just trying to help out my fellow fans

Skurski is getting most of it...

Jay Skurski@JaySkurski 9s

Doug Whaley says he was "taken aback" by the question regarding Stevie Johnson's future with the team, maintains the team is behind him.

again. Like usual, I was doing all that from my iPhone as it happened. Edited by mrags

Nothing shocking here other than they look to keep Moorman. He was a shadow of what he once was. Maybe it indicates nobody else out there. They will bring in someone(s) to evaluate regardless.

Lack of core St'ers is excuse making for Crossman. Yes, I have it put for the guy. I make no bones about it. The worst coach on the staff period.

why was going into the year going to be difficult?

didnt we keep a stacked group of returners, easley played very well, hogan was seemingly kept for his ST ability according to many around here... we suffered an injury at kicker and ended up with a great situation there. punter was a bit rocky.... but generally, how much more did he need to get his job done? especially if we are publicly saying we want to keep moorman.

Edited by NoSaint

we are going to evaluate everything....

leave all options on the table.......

going to have a thorough organizational meeting.....

will provide every resource needed......

I WANT TO PUKE !!

Not ONE question on under spending the cap and philosophy going forward --- had great opening when Brandon said "we'll provide all resource" --- BUFFALO MEDIA SUCKS !! ---

Nothing shocking here other than they look to keep Moorman. He was a shadow of what he once was. Maybe it indicates nobody else out there. They will bring in someone(s) to evaluate regardless.

Lack of core St'ers is excuse making for Crossman. Yes, I have it put for the guy. I make no bones about it. The worst coach on the staff period.

Crossman has to go. We saw this movie before with Ronnie Jones, and we know it doesn't end well.

I wish someone would ask Russ if it's legally possible to void the Toronto contract. Should we assume it is since he gave the ya ya ya I'll evaluate it...

Agree --- what media was at the event ?? --- softball after softball thrown at these guys --- Brandon should have been grilled on CAP and TORONTO --- in addition, Marrone should have been grilled on Crossman ---

Not ONE question on under spending the cap and philosophy going forward --- had great opening when Brandon said "we'll provide all resource" --- BUFFALO MEDIA SUCKS !! ---

I dont know what the deal is, but Brandon is always let off the hook when it comes to questioning.

Everybody needs more weapons, apparently. First, EJ. Now, Crossman.

I need some more weapons at work to do my job.

Exactly. It's an excuse we should all put to rest. As for STs, if a team has many weapons on STs, then they must really suck on offense and/or defense or they are exercising poor judgement in playing their stars on ST. They don't need weapons, they need good coaching/discipline.

I like Moorman and thought he did a decent (albeit inconsistent) job, but I think everyone knows he's done. I think the Bills are expecting him to retire, and they probably just said "we want to keep the option of re-signing him open" as a nice gesture.