Kyle Williams: "There will be changes here"

26CornerBlitz

I'm leaning towards the Bills using this marketing strategy for 2014... They have already tee-d it up. We cut/traded _____ player because he wasn't a "team" guy. Gives us an excuse to shed some big contracts and not re-sign guys.

I think our fanbase will buy it for one year, but I will not be one of them.

And the concept that KW has voiced his agreement to the concept doesn't have you thinking that it might be a legitimate issue?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So thinking about this the morning after I am interested. I am anxious to see what this means. If this means cutting guys like Graham or Lee Smith I will not be hugely upset just a little frustrated. Graham is affordable and no reason not to keep him until camp cuts. And Smith would help create a larger hole at a weak position. But, both positions need upgrades and things just happen

Now I will be greatly upset if Dareus is not on this team. I am a team gyy, all about working together and all that jazz. Bit he has enough talent that it almost doesn't matter. If Marrone blows this Dareus thing up I will become very anti Marrone.

There are countless players that were/are D-Bags that have won. Winning teams have HC that can motivate elite talent, even if that talent comes with negatives. HC like Marrone draw a line in the sand and have a "my way or the highway" mentality. That may work in syracuse, seems like a recipe for disaster in the nfl.

Jimmy Johnson said it right when he cut a bum LB for sleeping or being late to a meeting, but if troy aikman fell asleep hed nudge him and tell him to wake up.

This isnt HS. Benching Dareus DOES NOT help the team on Sunday. Ezpecially if its over something silly.

Would you still have a job if you showed up late everyday?

My prediction:

I think we are going to see Byrd, Dareus, and Spiller traded; Chandler not re-signed; changes on the oline; and Stevie and Graham cut. I also would not be surprised if we draft a big feature back to carry the load.

I don't know what they will do about Byrd. If it were me, I'd sign him. You don't build winners by parting with your best players. Darius? I have an idea. Lets train him. I'm sure I read that somewhere. We need to train the young man (love Jack Nicholson). Spiller? He gets the blame for a bad O-line. Get him a LG, RT and maybe a RG, players that don't get blown up, that can actually maul defensive lineman, and watch Spiller run. We should not cut Graham. He is young and has potential to be very good. He just needs a little time. Stevie? I don't know. I think he can play a good role in the offense. I do agree about the need to get a big feature back, but first we must get three good O-linemen. I keep hearing that Whaley will build this team to resenble the Steelers. The Steelers had a big tough Offensive line and ran the bus behind that line to the Super Bowl. So. Mr Whaley, the ball is now in your court. Let's see what you do with it.

I'd pretty much agree with you other than I'd hope they do decide to re-sign Byrd and I do think you could get something for Johnson in a trade so would show him the door via a trade.

My prediction:

I think we are going to see Byrd, Dareus, and Spiller traded; Chandler not re-signed; changes on the oline; and Stevie and Graham cut. I also would not be surprised if we draft a big feature back to carry the load.

Agreed. Marrone should fine his ass, if he must, but these are MEN. Don't try to play the game of being an extended parent.

The only thing that was accomplished was putting the defense in a bad situation.

Pretty sure the rules were in place and discussed with the whole team. Soooo, if you let one player get away with it, then you have to let the others get away with it. I'm more than fine with the benching. There is more accountability when your teammates see you sitting on the bench while they are out there fighting as opposed to paying a fine but still starting. Hopefully Dareus saw what we did. The run d got a little better with him in there, so hopefully he realizes he has to be a pro and make the meetings on time. Like everyone else. JMO

Dareus stays. He just needs time to mature and I think we give it to him. Legursky, Pears are replaced on the line. Spiller gets traded. Graham and Johnson are history. Freddie stays till they put him in a rocker. Lewis and Tuel are gone. CHandler is gone if they find someone with a pulse.

Byrd goes but we should sign him. We will now have to draft quality SS, FS, OLB, TE, T, G, RB. But we don't have 7 picks in the top three rounds.

So thinking about this the morning after I am interested. I am anxious to see what this means. If this means cutting guys like Graham or Lee Smith I will not be hugely upset just a little frustrated. Graham is affordable and no reason not to keep him until camp cuts. And Smith would help create a larger hole at a weak position. But, both positions need upgrades and things just happen

Now I will be greatly upset if Dareus is not on this team. I am a team gyy, all about working together and all that jazz. Bit he has enough talent that it almost doesn't matter. If Marrone blows this Dareus thing up I will become very anti Marrone.

I don't think Dareus is in the cross hairs but who knows. Graham cut his own throat with a lack of production he is as good as gone. I am now actually of the opinion that WR and TE are the greatest needs on this team. I really think SJ is on the bubble. They will find a LG in either FA or the mid rounds of the draft.

I look for them to go after some bigger targets for EJ. Goodwin stays but his durability is certainly questionable. I think Chandler probably stays but if they can draft someone at the position he becomes a number two.

I really think they will franchise Byrd again and work hard to trade him. Williams stepped up big this year and while Byrd has talent he doesn't strike me as the guy they will bet on longer term for big money. I know we would like to get a first for him but realistically for a safety I think we get a second and call it a day. I would be OK with that as the second round has been very favorable to the Bills throughout history.

Somebody we would have thought about being untouchable is going to be gone. It will be interesting to see who it is.

And the concept that KW has voiced his agreement to the concept doesn't have you thinking that it might be a legitimate issue?

I think the legitimate issue yesterday was Dareus not starting.

Like beerball stated, yes we're all adults and making an appt/meeting on time is important. That being said, in the real world people arent treated equally either. The star attorney, accountant, investment banker are treated differently than a paralegal, entry level analyst and secretary and for good reason - the former are essential and the latter are expendable.

Dareus is essential. And unless he committed such an egregious violation of team rules, yesterdays benching and the week prior are unnecessary and petty especially since hes contributed on the field and has had probably his best season.

I also find it interesting that this is happening now, when we've been eliminated from the playoffs. Did dareus just start doing whateve hes done over the past few weeks? Or is Marrone just trying to act like a tough guy when nothing is on the line?

I dont like it.

I am glad that some of you guys are not running this team. We need rational, well thought out decisions, not "knee-jerk", emotional,the "grass is always greener"ones. This is a process, not everything is going to work out and some good fortune is also needed to be successful. Having games like yesterday, and a couple others identifies to the team weaknesses to try and correct. A couple days ago many people thought our defense was perfect-obviously not the case. Personally I am encouraged by how competitive we were this season in spite of many different things (poor special teams play, rookie QB, new staff etc.). I get a different feel from this staff than the previous one. Clearly, they have a plan and need time to execute. Lets make some savvy FA pickups/trades,have another good draft, and improve the guys we have.

It's the same story with the same quotes every season. Do we even need to interview these guys on locker cleanout day anymore? They can use the same quotes from 14 years ago and just change the player names to current players.

Look, I like alot of the current Bills players but at the end of the day this team has no heart, and hasn't had any for a number of years. Given the opponent and circumstances yesterday there is absolutely no excuse for that effort by this team.

I am tired of hoping week after week, and year after year, that these players are going to somehow wake up and reach their percieved potential. Saying all the right things during the week and during the offseason but showing absolutely nothing when it matters. You don't need to be the most talented team on the field, the Patriots are the prime example of that.

No heart, no fight, no pride, and once again, no playoffs.......

Didn't he do the same thing at the end of last season and/or the start of this season? And of course he is going to stand up for his coach, at least publicly.

I hate you when you're sarcastic.

One of the things on your list should happen.

Uhhh Firing the ST coach perhaps :)

Would you still have a job if you showed up late everyday?

If I was young, super talented, highly productive and made the company more competitive, yes.

If I had all of those things but a blowhard Mr. Tough guy, my way or the highway for a manager, then I'd probably be fired and end up doing well for a competitor while my former manager drove his company into the ground.

Kyle saying changes will be made is like saying it will snow in Buffalo in January. All teams make personnel changes. The differenece would be if he meant mainstyas and starters. Fringe guys like Lee Smith come and go. If he is talking Byrd, Spiller or Stevie people will notice. The team is in need of an attitude adjustment. Jettison those, while talented, are thwarting the teams progress. Addition by subtraction. Give Marrone and Whaley to review the team and who figure who gets cut loose. This applies to the staff too. Crossman was underwhleming as ST coach.

Kyle saying changes will be made is like saying it will snow in Buffalo in January. All teams make personnel changes. The differenece would be if he meant mainstyas and starters. Fringe guys like Lee Smith come and go. If he is talking Byrd, Spiller or Stevie people will notice. The team is in need of an attitude adjustment. Jettison those, while talented, are thwarting the teams progress. Addition by subtraction. Give Marrone and Whaley to review the team and who figure who gets cut loose. This applies to the staff too. Crossman was underwhleming as ST coach.

If Marrone keeps Crossman and gets rid of even one of MD, SJ or CJ it is absolute proof he is Greggo 2.0.

Crossman's treatment will say a great deal about Marrone and what he values. If it is his job longer-term there will be a change here. sT's contributed greatly to losses in Cleveland and NE. There was also sloppy play in Miami game that was lost in the shutout.

He plays good.

That's not an answer to the question I asked. I asked how you get him to "figure stuff out". He's not a 17 year old kid, he a 23 year old grown-ass man.

Has issues.

His issues are that he's acting like a child, and therefore deserves to be treated like a child. You don't get to act like a child, and be treated like an adult. Missing a quarter should have been enough, but rather than respond like an adult, and hold himself accountable, he said "It's just a quarter, it doesn't matter," and was late again the very next day.

That's a "!@#$ you" move, and when that happens, if the ship doesn't get righted immediately, the offender has to leave before he fragments the locker room.

His salary is accommodating.

So was Albert Haynesworth's in New England. Winners don't tolerate bull ****.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Not to repeat the old thread but that entire diatribe is Marrone in CYA mode hiding behind Brown and already making excuses for why we suck in 2014. It sounds like he is already trying to save his 2015 job. How about adapting to the real world and learning to coach talented players? Would that be ok? He likely is incapable so instead of winning next year we will be treated to harsh press conferences. That'll be awesome.

Couldn't be more wrong IMO!

Crossman's treatment will say a great deal about Marrone and what he values. If it is his job longer-term there will be a change here. sT's contributed greatly to losses in Cleveland and NE. There was also sloppy play in Miami game that was lost in the shutout.

Did they not notice the slippery field and the massive Blount returns yesterday when they had our guy kneel down and take the 20 every time?

Couldn't be more wrong IMO!

Can you be more specific? Are you saying we should stock our roster with marginal talent that Marrone can coach? Are you saying Marrone is correct to have a mouthpiece do all his talking like the old Soviet newspapers? Are you saying he won't continue his tactics of dressing down reporters while claiming complete ignorance of the issues facing his team?

I'm willing to listen and actually hope I am wrong. If you think I am, please explain and if possible please cite one example of Marrone displaying any evidence he has any capability of leading a winning NFL team and is not simply in CYS/scapegoat mode.

Edited by 4merper4mer