Kyle Williams: "There will be changes here"

26CornerBlitz

Yeah Charles sucked today with the sack and the forced fumble we couldnt get to in his 1st NFL season

his effectiveness was like Spiller a lot of games. Inconsistent and either 5 yards in front of the LOS or 5 yards behind it. That may be ok for an RB but its not for a DT

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My prediction:

I think we are going to see Byrd, Dareus, and Spiller traded; Chandler not re-signed; changes on the oline; and Stevie and Graham cut. I also would not be surprised if we draft a big feature back to carry the load.

This is sarcasm I'm hoping. If not.....

Thats a great way to go 2-14 next season.

.....then, I agree as Marrone would be expediting his departure out of Buffalo.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Unless Manuel makes huge strides next year it will be 15 years without a playoff appearance no matter what the Bills do in the offseason. EJ is the key and nobody really knows if he will progress.

Brandon, and to a greater extent Whaley and Marrone have all their eggs in the Manuel basket. It's all on their hand-picked QB.

Make an argument that isn't an absurd strawman, and I'll continue to converse with you.

I love the insane strawman arguments, but what's even better is cherry-picked stats. And when someone is desperate, saying because you don't work in the NFL or have played football above HS that you're not able to have an opinion.

To the off-season! :lol:

What is lost here is that Kyle Williams has never been this outspoken before at least to the public. He is all but saying there will be some surprise moves with guys this offseason not because they lack talent but because the lack the correct attitude. There will be some very surprising trades or cuts this offseason.

My prediction:

I think we are going to see Byrd, Dareus, and Spiller traded; Chandler not re-signed; changes on the oline; and Stevie and Graham cut. I also would not be surprised if we draft a big feature back to carry the load.

Can't trade Byrd unless signed. I wouldn't rule out Dareus or Spiller getting traded, but not both. Chandler I'm 50/50, depends on what he expects. No reason to cut either Johnson or Graham.

One of the biggest problems this franchise has had, IMO, is dumping players (not re-signed when they become a FA, not tendered, flat out cut) when there is no one behind them to fill in. On a team that needs 2 o-linemen, at least 1 WR, at least one LB etc. etc. etc. you seem to be advocating dropping players willy nilly. You can't do that and compete. The lather/rinse/repeat cycle of stupidity at OBD has to change now. Keep your talent and draft/sign better talent before you move on. You don't win by knee jerk reactions, you win by having a plan and sticking to it. Hopefully the Bills have a plan and the balls to stick to it. Enough of this crap of creating holes that you then must try to fill in a single offseason.

This isnt HS. Benching Dareus DOES NOT help the team on Sunday. Ezpecially if its over something silly.

but, it MAY help Dareus from yesterday forward. Schedules aren't silly, we all live by them and if adult you are expected to meet your commitments.

Can't trade Byrd unless signed. I wouldn't rule out Dareus or Spiller getting traded, but not both. Chandler I'm 50/50, depends on what he expects. No reason to cut either Johnson or Graham.

One of the biggest problems this franchise has had, IMO, is dumping players (not re-signed when they become a FA, not tendered, flat out cut) when there is no one behind them to fill in. On a team that needs 2 o-linemen, at least 1 WR, at least one LB etc. etc. etc. you seem to be advocating dropping players willy nilly. You can't do that and compete. The lather/rinse/repeat cycle of stupidity at OBD has to change now. Keep your talent and draft/sign better talent before you move on. You don't win by knee jerk reactions, you win by having a plan and sticking to it. Hopefully the Bills have a plan and the balls to stick to it. Enough of this crap of creating holes that you then must try to fill in a single offseason.

+1

I agree. Can't create holes with nothing to fill and hope to draft players. Draft or pick up players A's replacement first, make sure he sticks and then possibly get rid of player A.

It's how you end up with the OG problem. I have no problem not paying him that much money but jesus have someone to fill his spot first.

I love Kiko and like Hughes and Lawson, the combination may not work since there is no true run stuffer and instead there is 3 combo guys.

you left Bradham off your list. He's in there vs. the run and he shouldn't be. That experiment has failed and it's time to move on from him and Moats.

What is lost here is that Kyle Williams has never been this outspoken before at least to the public. He is all but saying there will be some surprise moves with guys this offseason not because they lack talent but because the lack the correct attitude.

That's how I interpreted it as well.

remember these recent comments from Chris Brown:

CB: As I said on the radio earlier this week, there are roster changes on every NFL team every year, but I foresee changes here in Buffalo that will surprise some people in the offseason. This first year, Marrone has been very thorough in making assessments of the players on this roster and whether he can win with them his way.

If he feels he cannot they will not be here long term. And let me be clear in saying what can earn a player a ticket out of here sooner rather than later goes far beyond athletic ability. Work ethic, commitment to team and professionalism are all qualities that are coveted by Marrone and his staff too.

In fact in some cases lacking in one of those three areas might lead to a player dismissal (cut or traded) even if said player has the ability to help them win.

Da’Rick Rogers should’ve served as a prime example at the beginning of the season. A ton of ability, but no professionalism or commitment to team.

If players on this roster didn’t get that message then, they may end up learning the hard way.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/12/13/fan-friday-12-13/

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-seeking-total-accountability/f829e29b-8611-45f5-9732-1fae01756661

I love Kiko and like Hughes and Lawson, the combination may not work since there is no true run stuffer and instead there is 3 combo guys.

Yet you write off Mosley and prefer James Hardly 2.0? I don't get it.

CB: As I said on the radio earlier this week, there are roster changes on every NFL team every year, but I foresee changes here in Buffalo that will surprise some people in the offseason. This first year, Marrone has been very thorough in making assessments of the players on this roster and whether he can win with them his way.

If he feels he cannot they will not be here long term. And let me be clear in saying what can earn a player a ticket out of here sooner rather than later goes far beyond athletic ability. Work ethic, commitment to team and professionalism are all qualities that are coveted by Marrone and his staff too.

In fact in some cases lacking in one of those three areas might lead to a player dismissal (cut or traded) even if said player has the ability to help them win.

Da’Rick Rogers should’ve served as a prime example at the beginning of the season. A ton of ability, but no professionalism or commitment to team.

If players on this roster didn’t get that message then, they may end up learning the hard way.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/12/13/fan-friday-12-13/

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-seeking-total-accountability/f829e29b-8611-45f5-9732-1fae01756661

Not to repeat the old thread but that entire diatribe is Marrone in CYA mode hiding behind Brown and already making excuses for why we suck in 2014. It sounds like he is already trying to save his 2015 job. How about adapting to the real world and learning to coach talented players? Would that be ok? He likely is incapable so instead of winning next year we will be treated to harsh press conferences. That'll be awesome.

This is sarcasm I'm hoping. If not.....

I am serious. Just a prediction, not what I personally would do.

The fact is if we trade or cut those guys, what does that mean? Probably going from a 6-win team to a 4-win team, and then having at least 2 more rebuilding years.

if we don't cut or trade those guys and they're part of the losing culture here, then we are just heading for another decade of 6-win seasons.

based on kyle's comment, I think we will see something drastic.

My prediction:

You can't be serious. Draft a feature back to carry the load? Do you know how many times the Bills have drafted their "feature back" over the years?

Dareus, Spiller and SJ are not going anywhere. I think they re-sign Byrd.

I think your end of season emotions are clouding your thinking.

believe whatever you want. Your the self proclaimed "smartest man in the room"

"You're". You don't need to be the smartest man in the room to see how good Kyle Williams is, you simply need to not be the dumbest.

And, yes, I'll continue to take the word of his peers in the NFL who voted him into the Pro-Bowl, and do so on a consistent basis.

You can't be serious. Draft a feature back to carry the load? Do you know how many times the Bills have drafted their "feature back" over the years?

Dareus, Spiller and SJ are not going anywhere. I think they re-sign Byrd.

I think your end of season emotions are clouding your thinking.

I don't agree with my prediction, but I think we will see something dramatic. I would be willing to bet that Stevie and Byrd will be gone though (Byrd in a tag and trade).

I am of the view that you should never draft a RB early, but I have a gut feeling that they want an eddy lacy type back to pound between the tackles.

That comment from CB better not be implying that Dareus has no future here. Sure, his "work ethic" has been skeptical of late but he is our entire run defense. You saw it yesterday, significant improvements to the rush defense in the second half when he returned, although it still was not enough.

What is lost here is that Kyle Williams has never been this outspoken before at least to the public. He is all but saying there will be some surprise moves with guys this offseason not because they lack talent but because the lack the correct attitude. There will be some very surprising trades or cuts this offseason.

Yes, very interesting statement from him considering the Chris Brown statement a week ago(as papazoid linked above).

This is going to be great fun speculating till something happens.....and then the inevitable arguments here are going to be awesome. I for one am looking forward to another interesting off-season.

http://blogs.buffalo...n-friday-12-13/

http://www.buffalobi...32-1fae01756661

I'm leaning towards the Bills using this marketing strategy for 2014... They have already tee-d it up. We cut/traded _____ player because he wasn't a "team" guy. Gives us an excuse to shed some big contracts and not re-sign guys.

I think our fanbase will buy it for one year, but I will not be one of them.