It's Monday, season is over and you're doing Wawrow's job

Beerball

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

winner, winner, chicken dinner

But the response sadly is likely to be a canned one....

We review the roster in the upcoming weeks and everyone will be looked at. EJ has taken steps forward and we really like what we have seen so far. EJ will really benefit from the offseason and his game experience. We always seek to take the best player available... Blah blah

Questions: "Coach, if you could wind back the clock and do it all over again, do you still want your team to take EJ Manuel in the first round last year?"

His obvious answer - "Yes, I think it was the right move at the time."

His truthful underlying thoughts -"No. I should have followed my instincts that told me this was too big of a project (too risky) for this team at this point in time."

We review the roster in the upcoming weeks and everyone will be looked at. EJ has taken steps forward and we really like what we have seen so far. EJ will really benefit from the offseason and his game experience. We always seek to take the best player available... Blah blah

Almost all of the questions qualify as "what I want to know" and not "what will get the best answer"

Take off my swanky sport coat. Drink until 2am, pass out until 2:30. Listen to The Replacements and Drive By Truckers as I wake up to wash my mouth out with a bottle of whiskey.

That was all Monday morning. When I wake up I will then release a story about how fan optimism is going to drive us in to a more anxious 2014 season. I will report what players will likely contribute to our season in 2014 and what we have to look forward as Robert Woods, Goodwin and Alonso have 1 season beyond them. I will be more tempered on EJ Manuel and open ended on what the QB situation will be in 2014. Then to wrap it up nicely I will tell of how we were recharged this year as Leodis McKelvin contributed, Chandler had a career year, Mario Williams blew up, and Dareus had his coming out. With the exclamation point and the perfect sign out I draw back on how solid Kyle Williams and Fred Jackson have been in their careers here and speak of what to look forward to one last time in 2014.

Coach, one of your goals this year was to come in and change the culture. With the Bills missing the playoffs yet again and still finishing in last place just like the last six years, what about the culture do you think has changed and what hope should this give the fans moving forward?

This is the problem with the whole press conference scenario. If you ask an easy question, you get the canned answer. If you ask a tough question, you get on the bad side of the coach, and you still get the canned answer. It requires walking a fine line to try to get some meaningful information without ruining the good will that you have built up over time. This is why I get ticked off when I see people on this forum abuse wawrow (and other reporters or people with some sort of inside connection). Their hands are tied when it comes to what can be reasonably asked, shared or expected.

With that said, I would like to know if he would be willing to identify any specific areas that will be addressed in the draft or free agency (such as Oline, WR, TE and LB). Are there any envisioned changes to the coaching staff at this point (like getting some help for Hackett). Will special teams coaching or strategy be a priority in the off-season since they weren't that good. Who beside EJ, Thad and Tuel will be the QBs on the roster in training camp. For example, will it be a draft pick, UDFA, and/or reasonably priced vet? (even though he clearly won't/can't answer that).

was the inconsistent execution of your offense the product of poor preparation, poor execution, or both?

I like this one......good hot seat question......

Can you imagine? um....oh....uh.....um....we have got to coach better.....he would be sweating bullets if asked that question....and the reporter would not be very well liked thereafter...

I have a few questions so here goes:

Presuming you have watched tape from last year, why oh why haven't you insisted that Hackett put CJ & FJ on the field at the same time?

For the love of God, will you be hiring a QB coach?

We've seen enough of Crossman. How about you?

Could you explain to the suffering fans what it is you see in EJ that makes you so sure he's going to be great because it seems no one else sees it.