Not to be negative about Woods

ColdBlueNorth

Do it once, fine. Take a punishment, sit down, grow up, whatever.

If he does this again, then it's a problem. But as of right now... a one time thing, hopefully Marrone is driving home the seriousness of what he did, and Woods will behave going forward.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do it once, fine. Take a punishment, sit down, grow up, whatever.

If he does this again, then it's a problem. But as of right now... a one time thing, hopefully Marrone is driving home the seriousness of what he did, and Woods will behave going forward.

yea, i dont think its any reason to currently stress out. hes YOUNG, and playing passionately. hopefully he keeps that fire, and simply learns how to channel it better.

Several times on this board, I have seen posters advocating drafting of players who are 'mean', 'nasty'. However, when a player (Suh, Spikes, Merriweather come to mind) has that uncontrollable streak in him, it hurts the team. There is a difference between players who play with intensity (Kiko, FredJackson) and those who are over-aggressive. We want a lot more of the former and none of the latter.

By all previous experience, Woods is NOT one of these players, so don't get me wrong. My point is that when next time you see the Bills pass on a questionable player, let yesterday's incident remind you why that may have been the case.

It's hilarious how much of a double standard there is here. I love Woods but if this was Stevie, people would be calling him a thug & wanting him to get cut.

It was inexcusably stupid. Punching someone wearing a helmet is about as dumb as it gets. It left a short handed receiving core extremely thin.

Woods is going to be a very good player but I think a message needs to be sent. I love aggressive players. I hate dumb ones. That was dumb & he's getting a pass most won't give SJ. Be consistent.

It's hilarious how much of a double standard there is here. I love Woods but if this was Stevie, people would be calling him a thug & wanting him to get cut.

the difference is stevie used up a lot of his free passes already, and hasnt earned a new set lately. the "cut him now" crowd is obviously over the top, but stevie has earned himself some criticism over the years, even if a lot of people are a bit crazy about it.

Alright, it was stupid. There's no excuse, and if I'm Marrone, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets benched for the final game to send a message. I hope it's not going to be an issue in the future, or that he gets suspended for any time next season.

I disagree with a benching. Call him into the office go over the play, and say if this happens again you will then be sitting. understood?

I disagree with a benching. Call him into the office go over the play, and say if this happens again you will then be sitting. understood?

If we were actually in the thick of things, I would agree. But I remember Stevie getting benched for a while two years ago because he was a bit over the top on celebrations. Dareus got benched for a quarter yesterday because he was habitually late for team meetings.

Using that scale, how do we rate punching someone on the field? Especially for a game where all we're playing for is pride?

While watching the game yesterday, my first impression was why wasn't the Dolphin player penalized as well for unnecessary roughness? Post-play driving a player back 8 yards and throwing him down should be a personal foul.

The club by Woods was good, but he should have borrowed his cousin Tigers' 5 iron instead.

Edited by justnzane

If we were actually in the thick of things, I would agree. But I remember Stevie getting benched for a while two years ago because he was a bit over the top on celebrations. Dareus got benched for a quarter yesterday because he was habitually late for team meetings.

Using that scale, how do we rate punching someone on the field? Especially for a game where all we're playing for is pride?

i would chalk it up as he was benched for the remainder of the game already. unless there is something underlying i think thats plenty

Woods got pushed slightly to the ground and then tried to take a swing at the guy while on the ground. It was bizarre. Almost totally unprovoked.

Not in any way defending the punch, it does need to be pointed out that it's very hard to tell from the sidelines all that is going on in the football field, the trash talk, the "extracurricular" blows etc.

Definitely a mistake, it happens.

But you gotta send a message that it shouldn't happen anymore. Coach needs to hold his players accountable. He needs to be sitting next week, unfortunately.

Definitely a mistake, it happens.

But you gotta send a message that it shouldn't happen anymore. Coach needs to hold his players accountable. He needs to be sitting next week, unfortunately.

He was ejected. He will get fined. That’s all that needs to happen. No need to sit him. That’s koo-koo.