Not to be negative about Woods

ColdBlueNorth

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why risk it? We should put him on the cut list with SJ, CJ and Dareus.

What? No EJ and TJ?

So there's a topic on him removing his helmet the rest of the way which is legal, in no way a penalty and wasn't called such. I can't wait for this offseason to be over.

The off-season is always on, here!

I was impressed with the way Woods went and got those balls this past week. I thought a couple of times that EJ had overthrown or led him to far, but he went and got them. That's a real receiver. Looked like a real #2 choice to me.

Edited by bigK14094

I must say i started freaking out when it appeared he was celebrating. That was not smart on his part . Even after i saw the replay where his helmet WAS coming off.

He got away with one as far as I am concerned.

By the by, i love the Kid. He and Manuel got something going on. Wood will be all we could have hoped for. He has a nice catching radius i hear tell ..

By FAR our best set of hands on the team. The ball just seems to absorb into him.

I was very happy to see him worked back into the offense this week. Had been wondering where he was. He and EJ seemed to click right from the start, and I think they are going to be quite a duo, but he hadn't been getting the throws since EJ returned from injury. I know Woods had an injury of his own, so I'm sure that didnt help.

edit: The Bills just posted "After six consecutive games without being on the field together, it was time for Robert Woods and EJ Manuel to re-establish the connection they had earlier in the season." So I guess that answers the lack of connection lately.

I think with the OC making an effort to have Woods be our "#1" receiver, Goodwin's speed on the outside, and Stevie juking in the slot, our WRs arent as bad as everyone thinks they are. I get Graham is the board's new Kelsay, but that's our 3rd/4th string WR we're complaining about.

edit: since its required to comment on the helmet ;) ... Didnt think it was a penalty, was only worried because of the way the refs historically treat us. Woods did nothing wrong there. Absolutely nothing to be concerned about. Kid is a professional.

Edited by DrDareustein

anyone read that Wood and Manuel putting extra hours in this past week after practice ? Something Woods mentioned on OBD i think

Isn't that what Fitz and stevie used to do ?

I agree Dr. Woody is one heck of score for us.

That Goodwin kid aint half bad either

He was awesome yesterday, but isn't there a penalty for removing your helmet?

All I was thinking after he made that touchdown and ripped off his helmet is, "here comes the flag that will turn this positive into a negative".

Coaching opportunity for a young and talented WR who should expect to have a lot more TD's to celebrate.

thought the same till I saw the replay. helmet was over his eyes after the hit. He was just taking it the rest of the way off. Im sure his WR coach

told him pull it back on next time.

Yep, but a penalty would have been assessed on the kickoff and probably would have given Jax great field position to strike back.

The helmet was knocked partway off on the score. He took it off and then put it right back on. No penalty for that. I noticed it too, but when I saw the replay, it was clear that the helmet was knocked partway off. He had every right to take it off and re-adjust it.

If this was Stevie, there would have been 5 threads already. Terrible action. Coaching staff has to come down hard on him for that though. This kid is talented and could turn into a good #1 for us

And you know there is zero chance Stevie would have ever done something like that. Seriously.

Just mind boggling that woods threw that punch.

Very disappointed. Hopefully this was a one off incident.

Anyone have video of it? I only saw the 4th quarter. Disappointing to hear about. Throwing punches shouldn't happen. Without seeing, my reaction is to sit him for a game.

Woods got pushed slightly to the ground and then tried to take a swing at the guy while on the ground. It was bizarre. Almost totally unprovoked.

Woods made a rookie mistake and lost his cool. He'll be the first to admit that.

He knows he can't do that, and he'll learn how to control himself.

Woods has done nothing but great things this season, and has shown that in the clutch, he is a receiver the Bills can count on. He and Alonzo is making Buffalo's second round last year possibly their best 2nd round in the history of the team. It's early. But if they both continue on their current path only good things can happen.

And you know there is zero chance Stevie would have ever done something like that. Seriously.

Just mind boggling that woods threw that punch.

Very disappointed. Hopefully this was a one off incident.

That's what I'm hoping too. I know there were character questions with some players we drafted, but he seemed to be one of the clean ones