Official Pre-Game Thread: Week 16, Dolphins at Bills

Dan

Week 16: Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills

Sunday, December 22, 2013 at 1:00pm

TV Network: CBS (TV Map)

Announcers: Dedes and Steve Beuerlein (Local Blackout)

DirecTV: 704

Bills Radio:

On the call: John Murphy (play by play), Mark Kelso (analyst), Joe Buscaglia (sideline)

Flagship: Buffalo – WGR550 (550AM); Toronto - Sportsnet 590 The Fan

Rochester - WCMF (96.5) and WROC (950AM); Syracuse - WTKW (99.5/WTKV 105.5)

Sirius: 93

=================================================================

Game Preview:

Looking for a season-high fourth consecutive victory, the visiting Dolphins can possibly clinch that playoff berth Sunday while trying to avenge an earlier loss to the Buffalo Bills, who will be without their starting quarterback and top receiver.

A sprained right knee kept Bills rookie quarterback EJ Manuel out of the October game against the Dolphins, and a left knee injury will keep him from playing Sunday. Thad Lewis, who went 21 of 32 for 202 yards with an INT and no TDs while getting sacked four times at Miami, will make his fourth start of the season and first since Oct. 27.

In danger of a fifth straight season of double-digit losses, Buffalo looks to win consecutive games for the first time since Sept. 16-23, 2012, after defeating Jacksonville 27-20 last week.

Read more at ESPN game preview...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scouting Report: Week 16 (from Buffalo Bills.com Chris Brown)

NFL.com Video Preview

'Playbook': Miami Dolphins vs. Buffalo Bills

NFL.com Game Center

Team Stats:      Bills         Dolphins

Total Yds/Game.... 330.5         329.1

Total Rush............. 138.2           95.3

Total Pass............. 192.3         233.9

Points/Game..........  21.4           22.1

Time of Poss..........  28.3           29.2

----------------------------------------------

Yds/Gm Allowed... 346.3         356.1

Rush Yards........... 127.3         117.2

Pass Yards........... 219.1         238.9

Points Allowed........ 25.3           21.1

Source: NFL.com

Injury Report:

Buffalo Bills

NAME            POSITION    INJURY         WED.   THU.   FRI.    GAME STATUS

Carpenter, Dan          K              Illness             -           -          -             Probable

Dareus, Marcell         DL            Ankle             LP        FP       FP           Probable

Jackson, Fred            RB           Ribs              DNP      LP       FP           Probable

Johnson, Stevie         WR  Not injury related  DNP     DNP    DNP         Out

Manuel, EJ                 QB           Knee             LP        DNP    DNP        Out

Moats, Arthur             LB    Not injury related    -         DNP       -              -

Smith, Brandon          DB           Ankle             LP        FP       FP           Probable

Williams, Aaron          S              Ribs             DNP     DNP     DNP        Out

Williams, Kyle             DL           Achilles        DNP       FP       FP          Probable

Source: BuffaloBills.com

Miami Dolphins

NAME            POSITION    INJURY                                           GAME STATUS

Chris Clemons           S           Knee            Limited Participation        Probable

Brent Grimes              CB           Groin           Limited Participation        Probable

Paul Soliai                  DT           Ankle            Limited Participation        Probable

Nolan Carroll              CB           Knee            Full Participation              Probable

Jamar Taylor              CB           Hamstring    Full Participation              Probable

Olivier Vernon            DE           Ankle            Full Participation              Probable

Reshad Jones            S             Groin            Full Participation              Probable

Daniel Thomas           RB           Ankle           Limited Participation        Questionable

John Denney              LS            Illness          Did Not Participate          Probable

Source: NFL.com    

Practice Status                                                                                         Game Status

DNP = Did Not Participate in Practice                                                      Out = Player will not play

LP = Limited Participation - Less than 100% of normal reps                    Doubtful = 25% chance a player will play

FP = Full Participation - 100% of a player's normal repetitions                Questionable = 50% chance a player will play

Out = Player will not play                                                                          Probable = 75% chance a player will play

(-) = Not Listed = No practice status available                                          (-) = Not Listed - No game status available

The Odds:

Line: Miami -3 even

Over/Under: 43.0

Source: The Linemakers

Up to date lines... if you're in Vegas.

My Take on the Matchup:

We're really riding out the season in style this year.  At this point, about all I had to look forward to watching was EJ play to see if he had the makings of a franchise QB.  Well, that lasted a week!  We're back to Thad again and the lost season just lost what little luster there was left.

I'll still be watching the game. Although, its really getting difficult trying to figure out why.  Maybe Thad plays well enough to be the back up next season.  Great. We can all say we witnessed the growth of our back up.  So, what's left?  Seeing the growth of Marrone as a head coach?  Yeah, that's it.  

Should be a super great game.

Go Bills!!

Use the web browser and go to the WGR website instead of using the app.

Does that work? Awesome :thumbsup:

Just woke up in my Buffalo hotel room to a sight of ice glazed trees and wires. Ugh, about the worst tailgating weather possible.

PTR

Saw a Tweet from Hammer's Lot saying the lot was very soft from all the rain and 4 wheel drive will be necessary

Use the web browser and go to the WGR website instead of using the app.

I usually listen to the games on WGR's website. Last week, it said that the content was not available in my area (New York City). I haven't had this problem for any other games this season. Did anyone else have this problem? Anything I can do about it? Thanks.

Doesn't the blackout extend to radio as well? I have had trouble in the past that I thought was because of a blackout. I don't think WGR can put the game play-by-play on the radio or on the web if it's a blackout. Not sure though

I think the radio always works even with the blackout. Don't know about wgr online but should work outside WNY area regardless even if affected by blackout

Noticed on the Phins board they were wishing it was a different Williams who was hurt other than AW. Still smarting from that strip sack.

According to my listings, WTVH is showing Jets and Browns

I actually live way up in Potsdam, NY. I thought the channel that I have been catching the game on was out of Syracuse, but it's not. I actually get a Watertown, NY station and they are broadcasting the game. Watertown is about 70 miles north of Syracuse. Edited by Rockinon

I actually live way up in Potsdam, NY. I thought the channel that I have been catching the game on was out of Syracuse, but it's not. I actually get a Watertown, NY station and they are broadcasting the game. Watertown is about 70 miles north of Syracuse.

Terrible ice storms up there today. If you are watching a ball game, I assume you are not in the region without power, tv cable, internet, etc.

Leonhard...ugggggg

Why? I thought Leonard has been very good when he is in.

Terrible ice storms up there today. If you are watching a ball game, I assume you are not in the region without power, tv cable, internet, etc.

Yea, lights have flickered a couple of times, but so far so good. All it takes is one tree limb to fall and there goes the power. I live pretty far out in the country so if I lose power it might be a while before it's restored. Fingers crossed. I really don't relish the idea of going to get gas for the generator.

I think the radio always works even with the blackout. Don't know about wgr online but should work outside WNY area regardless even if affected by blackout.

We get all the games on radio in Syracuse regardless of blackout. We never get the WGR online game call "due to NFL rules", which is the message that repeatedly plays. We do get the WGR pre and post game shows.