What is your EJ Manuel Confidence Level?

Beerball

Mine is somewhere around 30-40%. I wish I could say he looks like he'll be the guy to lead this team for years to come, but I have not seen the progress that I'd like.

Major obstacles for me are his lack of awareness (to real or imagined pressure) in the pocket and his reaction to that pressure, his unwillingness to use the middle of the field, his propensity to try to guide the ball, his footwork, his accuracy and his inability to stay healthy.

Where is your EJMCL?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say I love what I see, but I am slightly encouraged. He was taken as a project, so that's what we should expect. Hopefully we'll all be higher on him this time next year. But right now, I'm a little more optimistic than you, I'd say about 50-60%.

I can't say I love what I see, but I am slightly encouraged. He was taken as a project, so that's what we should expect. Hopefully we'll all be higher on him this time next year. But right now, I'm a little more optimistic than you, I'd say about 50-60%.

If I had to put a percentage on it, my EJMCL is 75 - 85%

Edited by dog14787

On a scale of 1-10? I'd say @ 5 right now. Seen some good plays and seen some awful ones. He should be showing a little progress every game in the areas that have seemed to be problematic if the coaches are doing their job and he can grasp the concepts. Hard to tell right now

Considering I was doubting he would even start the first game of the season and he has missed a lot of games I can't say I have a lot of confidence in him. And I do not mean that as a negative. I just haven't seen enough. I haven't seen enough of good but he has not had the opportunity I think necessary to rise to the occasion.

It is not a no confidence issue. It could be 50/50

My EJMCL is somewhere below 50% due to his injuries leading to not enough games played to really decide. Given that if I'm the coach I want to pick a QB in the 1st or 2nd round and a big receiver on the other round. I'd also want at least one OL in FA.

I'd say I'm right around 50%. I've seen enough to know he has the tools, he just needs to develop properly. I don't know if this is the coaching staff to do it, but with more time and confidence I think he can be a good one.

Then again, with more time and continued struggles he can also be a frazzled mess. Seems like a coin flip.

im digging this thread

i would quantify my EJMCL as currently 65 percent (and probably leaning that high because I was high on him since his last two years at florida state and reallllllyyy wanted us to draft him, never thinking we actually would)

He has accuracy issues, duh, thats why he was going to be a "project"...if he was deadly accurate, he would have went number 1 overall, he has the tools, hes big, hes mobile, has a huge arm and a good demeanor....he just needs to work on his footwork and possibly release point, get that shored up and he could be special

Im certainly not saying theres no way that he ISNT the guy, but im only 35 percent sure that he isnt the guy....lets see what a full, healthy offseason/training camp/pre season does where he KNOWS going in this is his team to take as far as he can take them

I think the dudes a gamer, has led late game comebacks (even though one was fumbled away by his teamates, twice), hes calm and rebounds nicely after rough outings...kids the real deal (says my 65 percent)

i am confident he will NEVER be a FRANCHISE QB (Top 10) (that's my opinion based mostly on his serious lack of accuracy).

for the record, i like EJ, i'm glad we drafted him, i would do that trade all over again, i want to keep him, i want to develop him, i hope he gets better.

after 11 games he is ranked 27th & 28th in passer rating and total QBR. i say in a couple years he peaks just inside the Top 20. that ain't good enough for that position.

plus he is a QB who needs/uses his legs to be successful. those guys get injured alot, as has already been the case.

by now, many know the importance i place on getting a Franchise QB. i wouldn't wait 2-3 years to see what EJ can or can't do. i would pick another QB this year in any early round that made sense.

Mine is somewhere around 30-40%. I wish I could say he looks like he'll be the guy to lead this team for years to come, but I have not seen the progress that I'd like.

Major obstacles for me are his lack of awareness (to real or imagined pressure) in the pocket and his reaction to that pressure, his unwillingness to use the middle of the field, his propensity to try to guide the ball, his footwork, his accuracy and his inability to stay healthy.

Where is your EJMCL?

it was like i typed that myself as i feel the exact same way