What is your EJ Manuel Confidence Level?

Beerball

Just out of curiosity, how much fun can it be to come to a team's message board of which you aren't a fan and be unrelentingly negative?

Just seems a lousy way to spend your time.

I'm in Syracuse so naturally I'm a BIG SU Orange fan. And when SU Orange coaches Marrone, et al, were selected to lead the NFL Buffalo Bills I was thrilled!

But most SU fans around here said "No, no Pearl. Marrone, et al, are barely college level coaches, much less NFL level coaches. They'll only tank the Buffalo Bills. Typical cheap hire by Bills owner Ralph Wilson."

Initially I ignored those nay-sayers.

Now I've turned into one of those nay-sayers.

:death:

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in Syracuse so naturally I'm a BIG SU Orange fan. And when SU Orange coaches Marrone, et al, were selected to lead the NFL Buffalo Bills I was thrilled!

But most SU fans around here said "No, no Pearl. Marrone, et al, are barely college level coaches, much less NFL level coaches. They'll only tank the Buffalo Bills. Typical cheap hire by Bills owner Ralph Wilson."

Great timing. You might wanna check the box score from Sunday. They coached it up pretty pretty good.

we've noticed...crusade alert

I also live in the Syracuse area. Most SU fans I know were upset that they were losing him and thought we were getting a good coach. Some didn't like him, but that seems to be the case for any fan base. Now it's possible the people I talk to aren't the most knowledgeable fans, but maybe you are just making a fake blanket statement about an entire school's fan base to further your crusade.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

C'mon man. This coaching staff made a few mistakes this season, but lets not forget that most of them are NFL rookies, GM, HC, OC. Not like very NFL experienced NFL head coaches Jauron, Gailey.

A good draft with some proper key additions, and this is a playoff team next year with EJ at QB. I really believe that, and this coming from one of the most pessimistic, cynical fans the last 10+ years.

C'mon man. This coaching staff made a few mistakes this season, but lets not forget that most of them are NFL rookies, GM, HC, OC. Not like very NFL experienced NFL head coaches Jauron, Gailey.

A good draft with some proper key additions, and this is a playoff team next year with EJ at QB. I really believe that, and this coming from one of the most pessimistic, cynical fans the last 10+ years.

bingo! let the staff digest what goals were accomplished in 2013, and where they failed. reinforce the good, and correct the bad. obviously, the injuries to Manuel impacted his time table - but there are correctable aspects of the offense which must be addressed to enable him - much of which may be attributed to inexperience in our young receiving core. get the easy stuff cleaned up, and then see how the offense improves.

imagine giving a group of children the same paint by numbers kit, where some of the kits have different numbered spaces. would anyone expect the results to be the same? 11 bodies - 1 mind. if this staff can get there, the 2014 record reflect the work.

You didn't answer the question at all

I'm at maybe 12%. I don't think that he sees the field and I don't think that he makes the right pre snap reads. Mix that with his accuracy issues, injury concerns and his tendency to check down and I arrive at 12%. I started the year at 50% and thought that he would go one way or the other. Unfortunately, I haven't seen much to tell me that he can be successful in this league.

See, I have no problem with this opinion. If you feel that his level of consistency is low enough that your confidence in him is also low, then that's fine.

I can't abide the falsehoods that some people toss around though.

One other comment: Marrone did say that he was "110% certain" that EJ would play against NE...for whatever that's worth.

And with Thad Lewis starting on Sunday. My EJMCL is stuck at 18.85%