Kiko - Rookie wall or worse?

Why do you think he'd be a better OLB? Why are people running with this ridiculous notion? A few weeks ago he was a stud at MLB now after a few down games he needs to get moved?

Going to the Pro Bowl. Candidate for DROY but let's move him?

He gets moved out on the run; he is not bulky and will not hold up in the middle for multiple years. He is a nice player and a great part of this team and could be at OLB for years....or two years at MLB if you prefer.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He gets moved out on the run; he is not bulky and will not hold up in the middle for multiple years. He is a nice player and a great part of this team and could be at OLB for years....or two years at MLB if you prefer.

So your basis that he isn't a MLB is purely assumption that he can't hold up physically? Okay.

So your basis that he isn't a MLB is purely assumption that he can't hold up physically? Okay.

He hasn't held up physically. The assumption seems to be that more pounding on his small frame will toughen him up. I would like for this to be the case but physics gets in the way. What is so bad about having a potentially great OLB and going out to get a bigger, bulkier MLB in the draft? i am not criticizing Kiko, just being objective.

Word is the coaching staff isn't even convinced that Kiko is playing where he belongs yet either,with talk ranging from safety to olb as possible positions. Safety seems like a bit of a stretch but the fact of the matter is Kiko is a player and viable candidate for ROY. Yes he has missed some plays, maybe a lot of them but he's made more than most. Alot more!

Word is the coaching staff isn't even convinced that Kiko is playing where he belongs yet either,with talk ranging from safety to olb as possible positions. Safety seems like a bit of a stretch but the fact of the matter is Kiko is a player and viable candidate for ROY. Yes he has missed some plays, maybe a lot of them but he's made more than most. Alot more!

I agree and don't see why people are so stuck at leaving him at MLB. What if the best MLB in football history were available when we picked? Should we pick that guy? Would that mean Kiko would have no place here?

I agree and don't see why people are so stuck at leaving him at MLB. What if the best MLB in football history were available when we picked? Should we pick that guy? Would that mean Kiko would have no place here?

That's fair to say, but ILB in my opinion is much more reliant on football instincts than Olb, And Kiko's got football instincts in spades!

Funny right? It's not like he has played every snap this year or anything.

The guy has played every snap on defense so naturally people will question his durability. Makes sense.

Pro Bowl MLB? Not good enough, so you get moved.

Leader on defense calling plays? Too bad, there might be somebody available who is a few pounds heavier that could only hope to produce right away like that.

I know it is blashpemy to criticize Kiko, but he has not played well for a month. I've posted my concerns about his lack of size before so this is not a reactionary post from the loss yesterday. Love his athleticism but I am worried about his ability to hold up and stop the run long term. With that said, it has been more bad angles and overpursuit have been the cause of some of his bad plays. I'm hoping this is just him hitting the wall and an off-season training program will make a big difference. Oregon graduates late so he had even less time in Buffalo.

Anyone else worried?

Could be a rookie wall of sorts, he has played every snap and is past the amount of games he would play in a college season. Not worried about him though.

Kido has had some bad plays, but overall he has not played poorly. Let's get real.

I know it is blashpemy to criticize Kiko, but he has not played well for a month. I've posted my concerns about his lack of size before so this is not a reactionary post from the loss yesterday. Love his athleticism but I am worried about his ability to hold up and stop the run long term. With that said, it has been more bad angles and overpursuit have been the cause of some of his bad plays. I'm hoping this is just him hitting the wall and an off-season training program will make a big difference. Oregon graduates late so he had even less time in Buffalo.

Anyone else worried?

The guy has played every snap on defense so naturally people will question his durability. Makes sense.

Pro Bowl MLB? Not good enough, so you get moved.

Leader on defense calling plays? Too bad, there might be somebody available who is a few pounds heavier that could only hope to produce right away like that.

For real. Did I miss the TBD $450,000 crack party or something?

He hasn't held up physically. The assumption seems to be that more pounding on his small frame will toughen him up. I would like for this to be the case but physics gets in the way. What is so bad about having a potentially great OLB and going out to get a bigger, bulkier MLB in the draft? i am not criticizing Kiko, just being objective.

Hasn't held up? Small frame? Not even close.

You do realize that the MLB position is changing in the NFL. Gone are the big bulky MLB's replaced by guys that can play in the nickel and dime situations and cover these faster TEs. Alonso is a 3 down MLB because he doesn't have to come off in passing situations.

Anyone else worried?

some might call it game planning against him.

Sure he missed 2 tackles in the last 2 games for big gains.

no one is perfect (unless the refs help them eg - Cinderfella Brady)

One bad play overshadows a dozen or more eye-popping things the kid did in that game? Plays like no LB in recent Bills history have been able to make?

Yeah, TSW sure has a handle on the problems with this team. Tons of football knowledge here...

Anyone else worried?

Rookie wall. I quote Marv Levy: "I hate rookies. They all make mistakes. All of them."

Saying is it takes 2-3 years to make a good LB, much less a good Mike. Kiko has shown us more in 1 year than Shepp showed us in what, 2? 3?

Kiko looked pooped two weeks ago. rookie wall? Probably not. he is all motor all the time. that might be his Only weakness. He needs to learn some Patience.

Buffalo has asked and gotten an amazing amount of excellent hard work from him.

Far more than i or we fans could have hoped for . and i am a pessimist about rookies .

you folks questioning him should be banned. This is the draft steal of the decade for buffalo

we should be so darned lucky to keep this kid healthy and a Bill.

There are still a few weeks left in the NFL season and plenty of time left for individual to make their case for postseason awards, but the race for defensive rookie of the year should be all but over. The choice is obvious — it’s Buffalo Bills linebacker Kiko Alonso.

Despite the fact that Alonso doesn’t play a position where he can rack up an eye-catching number of sacks or come up with a lot of highlight-reel interceptions, and despite the fact that he doesn’t play for a playoff-caliber , Alonso has stood out above all other rookies this season.

Read more at http://www.rantsport...dTCVboIcCSTu.99

If NFL Pro Bowl balloting were to end today, four members of the Buffalo Bills would have been voted into the game.

The NFL announced that defensive end Mario Williams and linebacker Kiko Alonso are second and first, respectively, at their positions in balloting. Defensive tackles Marcell Dareus and Kyle Williams are third and fourth, respectively.

http://www.sportsmedia101.com/buffalobills/2013/12/06/buffalo-bills-mario-williams-kiko-alonso-among-nfl-pro-bowl-vote-leaders/